It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why would somebody want a world war? What we are currently seeing is a series of war decades apart, where a coalition slowly plows through country after country. What could be the possible benefit to shift away from that and ignite a third world war?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Why would somebody want a world war? What we are currently seeing is a series of war decades apart, where a coalition slowly plows through country after country. What could be the possible benefit to shift away from that and ignite a third world war?

Nothing, but world war three is coming, and we have to unite to pull through, bring down the pyramid!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

Originally posted by Cassius666

Nothing, but world war three is coming, and we have to unite to pull through, bring down the pyramid!

Jamie.

i dont see any reason for war either...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Tears, pain, hatred and sun hidden by the smokes...that is a war.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

and keeping food

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The bible prophecy must be fulfilled...... Sarcasm

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Theres no threat of a world war, none at all, even though you may see conflict in the world right now, iraq, libya, afghanistan.. etc.
All countries capable of mounting such a threat got it good, every country has more to lose than to gain from war right now, even with the bad economy, countries still got is so much better than they did pre ww2, you dont have nutjobs like hitler and powerful regimes anymore, the leaders of the world are much more calmer than they used to be, you will have some conspiracy theorists make you believe otherwise and that world doom is imminent, well its not, just relax and forget world war, it aint gonna happen for a very.... very long time

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
in every war are groups to benefit for it....just an matter of controlling it....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

that IS the third world war.

when all is said and done, WEST VS. The World will be the way history remembers these generations. WW3 is a lot longer and a lot stranger looking than the first two, but you just described it to a tee. No one nation is going to stand up and "declare" world war three on anybody. world wars aren't called world wars until after the dust settles. we are living it right now.

coalitions of the willing coalesce and fade in response to each new "threat" from "opposing" nations. it's all just a NATO-fueled struggle to maintain an unsustainable balance of power. what else do you call it when the same nations end up on the same sides of strikingly similar conflicts for a decade or more? how can you call the wars we have right now unrelated if it's always the same belligerents fighting on the same sides of the same ideological struggles?

It's Self-Determination Vs. the Collective Will of the International Community.
edit on 25-4-2011 by RicoMarston because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

huh..?
you forget about north korea and their alliance with china ( old skool communists)..?
America already over-stretched fighting a war on 3 seperate fronts..?
the 'allies' the same..
the west fighting al-quada in afghanistan and supporting them in libya..!!!!!!! i mean wtf..?..
we already fighting world war three....
wouldn't take much to knock america from it's seat.. the majority of its military overseas

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

The Great War didn't lead to world doom.

WW2 didn't lead to world doom.

and world war three will not lead to world doom.

Just as in the first two, there will be many large parts of the world which see little to no conflict. there is a little thing called mutually assured destruction which means that the power nations involved will not use nukes, but "traditional" warfare is still fair game.

I hope I'm wrong, and that we aren't in WW3, but I'm also being practical. I'm an ardent student of history, and I'm just trying to use an historians mind to analyze current world affairs. I really don't see why I need to be lumped in with the "conspiracy theorists" a term that i normally don't mind, but you're obviously using it in a derogatory manner. I certainly am not spouting doom and gloom, just being practical about the situation we face. I don't even think a world war 3 would hit north american soil, just like the first two.

and to answer to OPs question of why would anyone want world war; why WOULDN"T the elite and powerful of the world want it? the first two world wars were immensely profitable for those in the right positions within the right industries.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No offence but you need to get off conspiracy forums for a bit and check in to reality, north korea? come on dont make me wet my pants, north korea is the most over hyped mumbo jumbo i ever hear about, they cant even afford to built proper roads or feed the people let alone launch any kind of world war, they would get wiped out in a matter of minutes, china just keep them on a lead, like a little barking puppy, you dont seriously think the great china give a rats ass about some 3rd world dingy country do you??

I'll still be here 10 years from now telling people to stop going on about the imminent arrival of WW3, this has been going on now for ages

WW3 is allways around the corner if you read conspiracy forums

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

N.Korea puts' its military above its general population.. China still has to be feared because of its government and its attitudes towards the west. like how your pic is a mushroom cloud
for one who claims WW3 is a non-starter.. to use a pic like that

as for 'checking into reality' just what do you mean by that?

yes WW3 will never happen because of mutually assured destruction.. but it wouldn't take much to either start it OR finish it..

edit on 25/4/2011 by believer74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What i believe the next war would be with is Russia,China,or another arab nation. Who knows?

new topics

top topics

join