It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF: The end of the American Era

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

According to the IMF the Chinese economey will over take the USA's economy in just five years from now. The bank is saying it will be the end of American Power.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
They assume America is going to just sit there and let that happen. Tariffs more balanced to limit Chinese imports will alone fix that. China dumping our debt. Well it's about time. Anything the Chinese owns is considered cheap. Also lets not forget communism simply doesn't work. It's only a matter of time before their people wake up.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

I wonder if the world will take another face...under Chinese domination.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I really enjoy watching the jealous international community constantly talk bad about the United States of America. Everything semi Complicated in China is made else where. The life span of their products are week instead of what should at least be years. When are Americans going to wake up and start to get mad. It seems these latest generations of America are the worst in our countries history. I hope one of these countries releasing all the negative press get's invaded by the Chinese. You know they will be begging for yet another bail out. I say let em all learn to speak Chinese.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08

According to the IMF the Chinese economey will over take the USA's economy in just five years from now. The bank is saying it will be the end of American Power.

I didn't see your link...
This one's from the drudge report...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

Oh China is massivly building up their military. They are already more of a threat conventionally than the USSR ever was. but like all communist countries. Their modernized equipment is even 20 years behind western technology. I would really like to see the US go back to the policy of isolationism like they were before World War 2 and let everybody learn Chinese. Except for maybe England. we need some where to go on Vacation plus they tend to have our back.

The B2 Stealth Bomber was designed in the Seventies. Lord only knows the technology the US military has but needed to use. We aren't going any where. Anybody that has recent military experience knows this.
edit on 4/25/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

The Chinese government has maintained control over its people for thousands of years, the US has only been around a few hundred. In the US short existence, it has already seen one civil war, and the current political climate is no better now than it was then.

The US influenced the world through innovation, efficiency, and hard work. Todays economic and political climate does not foster any of those things. Innovation is not rewarded, instead it is taxed and burdened, and shackled by the corporate status quo. Hard Work is also taxed and burdened. Efficiency is destroyed by bailing out the worst of the business plans and declaring they are "too big to fail." So instead of rewarding efficiency, and allowing necessity to foster innovation, instead we burden the hard working class in order to protect the most inefficient business models and paradigms from the past.

The US has a "consumer" lifestyle, but we are only 300 million people. The Chinese have a more frugal lifestyle, but they are over 1 billion people. India is also over 1 billion people. Those cultures are quickly capitalizing on the things that made the US great 50 and 100 years ago. They will surely overtake the US in both consumption and production.

I am a proud American, a Midwestern boy, and now a Southerner, and even I can see the writing on the wall. If we allow the US to continue down the road it is on, we are doomed. The only thing that can save us is taking some hard pills to swallow. We have to allow the corporate oligarchy to crumble. We have to take our great depression willingly, and we have to emerge out the other side through creativity, innovation, hardwork, and efficiency. Those are the values that made the country great in the first place. If we continue to try to pad our fall, and pretend we aren't in a dire situation, we are only going to make things worse and worse. Bring on the pain, so we can get back to work. That is the only way through this mess.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You won't be able to afford your vacation in England ; the US dollar is sinking faster than the Titanic.

A plunging US dollar is a good thing for US exports, though. But a quick stock take around my home reveals not one item manufactured in or sourced from the United States. You guys appear to have lost the ability to make items which consumers in other countries might wish to buy.

I think the fate of your country is that of a banana republic, tbh. A low wage, low skills & poorly educated workforce struggling to get by, whilst simultaneously deluding yourselves about your own self importance. For those of us in other nations, having had our noses rubbed in American hegemony since the end of the second world war, the financial downfall of the United States is going to be hilarious to observe.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think you are right on. But i think the key phrase was get back to work. People just don't want to work. And what incentive do they have. A lot of them have NEVER worked. They have a ton of babies and are set based on the Democratic welfare state platform.

When the majority of US tax revenue is based off entitlements to people on disability for depression and Welfare for people that have never worked. Then the other side large companies not paying taxes. it equates to the doom. of the middle class

I can't imagine how all this has lasted as it has. I think it would be an easy fix but with tough choices. I don't feel our edlderly should have to work till their 70 because people don't want to or won't work, or because America's love for cheap chinese garbage imports.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

It doesn't look like the UK is devoid of problems brother bear. Hope that muslim issue turns out ok. And your government is as fascist as ours so good luck. God save the Queen!
edit on 25-4-2011 by colbyforce because: Because...

edit on 25-4-2011 by colbyforce because: Again

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Muslim problem ? Britain's Muslims are what, 2 million in number ? Most are well educated, hard working and have a determination to succeed which many welfare dependant Americans lack.

Perhaps you can tell us about the illegal Hispanic population in the USA ? 30 million ?

Why don't you tell us about them, amigo, in your own thread of course.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Tariffs more balanced to limit Chinese imports will alone fix that.

Oh really? It will only decrease purchase power should Chinese products really be substituted and worse, a massive trade war would be instigated. I can tell you, the US is not going to benefit from that.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

A low wage, low skills & poorly educated workforce struggling to get by, whilst simultaneously deluding yourselves about your own self importance.

Actually, it is quite the opposite, but equally toxic.

We are a nation of over-educated, entitlement minded elitists that are raised to think if we go to college then we won't have to work hard. Our lowest level jobs go unfilled, or they are filled by illegal immigrants. We are no longer raising a working class of people, and our education system and social service system refuses to accept that some people are better suited for blue collar life. We literally "force" every child to study and learn concepts and subjects that they might not be suited for, and will likely not ever need.

What the US needs is more "low skills" and a better acceptance for "low wage" and we need to lose the negative connotation for "poorly educated." Those are the things our country is either completely missing, or has completely shunned and ridiculed.

It is disgusting that a nation as great as ours considers an expert welder, or an expert mechanic, or an expert carpenter to be some kind of failure, or a failure in the education system? Those positions should be honored, learned trades, that start at younger ages, and are alternatives in school for people that don't want to do calculus, learn French, or play the Tuba.

Our country has a problem with being honest with itself. Some people are never going to cure cancer or write a symphony, but they might be an expert at carving a turkey, tweaking a lawnmower engine, or cleaning a glass to be streak-free.

The entire US system is set up to corral and force kids into a certain socially accepted career path, instead of allowing trades to be passed down from parent to child, and instead of allowing some people to find where they fit in the best and following that to an acceptable conclusion. We are forced to accept illegal immigrants to fill needed positions, while allowing educated people to sit unemployed and collect from the government, and all the while ridiculing those hard-working folks that would be willing to work for a living in a menial job?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

From what I see there are plenty of welfare dependent brits, and last time I checked, Britain wasn't on the cutting edge of anything. Illegals here do have a purpose, most are good people and hard workers. The only problem I have with them is that they bring wages down because they work for peanuts. At least the only terrorists we have are our government whores.... haha

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The Chinese government has maintained control over its people for thousands of years, the US has only been around a few hundred. In the US short existence, it has already seen one civil war, and the current political climate is no better now than it was then.

You and I typically get on well... And the rest of your post is very insightful.... Bt this last sentence is incredibly naive...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Good post getready, thumbs way up, totally agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I am sorry, I missed something, who deserves to be number one?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The characters are different, but the division is the same.

I don't think a lot of people realize how close the country is to erupting into violence. I feel it is very close. It reminds me of that last 20 or 30 minutes in a country bar in the Midwest. Last call is over, a bunch of rowdy and drunk folks didn't find any company for the night, and the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife. All it takes is one spark in one corner of the bar, and all of a sudden 13 fights erupt simultaneously and it spills into the parking lot!

I can't remember a time in my life that the Republicans and Democrats were more divided than they are now. I can't remember a time in my lifetime where something like the Tea Party would have taken off and done so well. I can't remember a time in my life that so many people were just entirely disgusted by the dishonesty in the accepted news and press outlets. I can't remember a time in my life where so many people, from different walks of life, could be drawn into a conversation about taking violence to the government.

Just this weekend, my wife was waiting outside the lady's changing room, and an older man was waiting on his wife and daughter to come out, and they struck up a conversation, and in the amount of time it takes an old lady and a granddaughter to change clothes, was all the time it took two strangers to turn polite niceties into, "well, something is surely going to happen soon. It can't continue this way for long. I wouldn't be surprised to see some riots or violence soon."

I'm not always right about everything, but I have a hard time believing there has ever been another time in our recent history, where two total strangers could so quickly turn an introduction to a talk about revolution?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Originally posted by getreadyalready

We are a nation of over-educated, entitlement minded elitists that are raised to think if we go to college then we won't have to work hard. Our lowest level jobs go unfilled, or they are filled by illegal immigrants. We are no longer raising a working class of people, and our education system and social service system refuses to accept that some people are better suited for blue collar life. We literally "force" every child to study and learn concepts and subjects that they might not be suited for, and will likely not ever need.

What the US needs is more "low skills" and a better acceptance for "low wage" and we need to lose the negative connotation for "poorly educated." Those are the things our country is either completely missing, or has completely shunned and ridiculed.

It is disgusting that a nation as great as ours considers an expert welder, or an expert mechanic, or an expert carpenter to be some kind of failure,

You are absolutely correct. I wish I had learned a real skill instead of a liberal arts degree. I did learn a lot, but it is not nearly as useful as something else. My buddy has been welding since I left for college. He has had consistent work the whole time. I have piece of paper. You cannot feed your family with a piece of paper.

I admit that I was immature. I could have studied something different, and applied myself to a greater degree. I might have a steady job because of that.

My degree does not make many in any way better, or necessarily more intelligent. It is just a different path from working at the plant.

I worked through school in multiple service industry jobs, and other minimum wage positions. I find many of those people I worked with of a higher character, and with a far greater work ethic than my university compatriots.

I am outraged that people look down on those who are willing to work. I think someone who is able to build something, or produce something is far superior in knowledge than someone filling out paperwork in a high rise.

I fear that the working productive members of our society are scorned, and as a result are becoming an endangered species.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

I learned that lesson long ago. I never made any money with my BA degree, but my 3 AS degrees have earned me a nice living for decades. I could probably just go back to turning wrenches(mechanic speak) and still make an easy 50+ each year. I love the challenges of my current job, but hate the TSA and other BS I must deal with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join