It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is going wrong...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

i never trust in a lot of things. All you said, i know it. With that thread, i'm sure. I always been independent because today it's difficult to trust in anyone.
I have learned to take the way...alone. Just in two weeks, i had precisely a point of view of the world knowing this site and finally improved my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You are right, they aren't mentioning it anymore, and for quite a while, in fact.

I guess it is just that the public loses interest so quickly. I hate to say it, too, that the french do not seem very preoccupied with things that happen in other countries, unless they are sure it effects them somehow. The day it happened, I watched the Tsunami in the morning, and mentioned it to people all day long at work. No one knew about it. the next day a few people answered, "Oh oui, 8 people dead! so sad...." I was practically jumping out of my skin saying didn't you SEE the footage? There is a hell of a lot more than 8 dead!

But they aren't on their computers watching the news in the morning, they didn't know anything until the evening, and that was very little when they did.

Now all the focus has moved to talking of our own nuclear facilities here and what we should do about them, and everyone seems to have forgotten about Japan. (where I am the a conflict over Fracking is raging too, so that is taking up the newstime).

But because the french media told us that there will not be any significant radiation here, I think the public lost interest, in general.

They're too busy trying to find that guy that killed his wife and children and ran off- that's all they talk about.....because that grabs peoples attention and imagination. They have a hard time imagining the japanese in their situation, but this man could be like anyone of us, or one of our neighbors, and feels more "real" therefore.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Just to add, they're not test pacific ocean fish for radiation levels. The people are just sheep and the governments don't care. They're looking at the bog picture.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you want the latest news on Fukushima nuclear crisis - here's the link with the newest updates

Situation Update No. 98 On 25.04.2011 at 03:04 GMT+2
The amount of radioactivity in seawater near the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is about to hit the highest-ever level recorded in history. According to the Asahi Shimhun on Sunday, officials measured 1-hundred-86 becquerels per liter of radioactive substances in the sea just 34 kilometers from the crippled power plant on April 15th. This level is about 20-thousand times higher than the permissible annual standard set by the Japanese government. The highest level of contamination in history was 2-hundred becquerels per liter in the Irish Sea in the 1970s when a nuclear fuel reprocessing factory discharged cesium-137. Meanwhile, Tokyo is reportedly considering building an underground wall near the Fukushima power plant to contain the spread of radioactive material through soil and groundwater.

Anyways... mass media have better things to talk about like the wedding of Prince Charles. haha.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
As soon as the government discovered that dangerous radiation levels were being found in Hawaii and as far east as California, they put a big shroud on the truth of what's going on over in Japan. Now the Japanese are dumping the toxic waters back into the sea. What would be the news should the truth be actually reported? That we're all doomed to a future filled with even more cancer, diabetes, and all the other sicknesses that come with irradiated environments? That within a year, as Fukushima continues to pour toxins into the air and sea, the entire northern hemisphere will be showing higher than safe radiation levels? That we should all be moving south, below the equator?
The truth is; none of this is news. There's a Royal Wedding this week. That's the real story

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I dont think its a conspiracy. I think its just poor journalism.
Newspapers, TV (the MSM) and so forth are much more interested in grabbing ratings, viewers, readers, PROFIT (from advertisers) and if that means dramatic news of a bus crash or a celebrity scandal or a violent local mugging or a kitten stuck up a tree, thats what they will report.
And will continue to do so while thats what gives the highest ratings.

Remember, the MSM is there to make money, not inform you.
YOU are the product that the MSM sell to advertisers.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If TPTB wants to depopulate Earth of its "useless eaters", this is the moment. Only those of us smart enough to remember it actively in our minds and taking some form of actions to be protected are likely to survive this and insure some kind of survivability for the non-elite kind of the planet.

There ARE ways to minimize the impacts of radiation. It needs a change in the lifestyle, but its worth it for being able to see to see grand-children run someday...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

"They're too busy trying to find that guy that killed his wife and children and ran off- that's all they talk about.....because that grabs peoples attention and imagination. They have a hard time imagining the japanese in their situation, but this man could be like anyone of us, or one of our neighbors, and feels more "real" therefore. "

Yes, i hear about that this time. Since one month, there are only things like this here.
Do you think people in France is narrow-minded ?
So, nobody here in France could understand the fact than in the States or anywhere ? After all, when we are ont concerned we continue our life.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
I'm in France : Two weeks ago, news talked (TV) about Fukushima nuclear plant and radiation all the time...And today,...nothing. Can anybody explain me why there are nothing ? In the States, press talks about it or not ? It is the worlwide censoring ?
Maybe, there is not anymore to say. I would like to view your thoughts, thanks !
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

Yeah, pretty much when everything got from horribly bad to super worse, when the sh*t really hit the fan at the Fukushima nuclear plant, thats when the lights went out in the Mainstream Media/ News.... It's like an, "OK things are so bad, we aren't going to talk about it anymore because we just can't lie THAT well!"

Its been the same here in the States, it's all about charlie sheen, Obamas fake birth certificate, and prince poo's marriage, no Japan
well now here in the states we also have our own crisis going on, we've had about 500 tornadoes in a week over 12 states leaving about 300 dead. Crazy times right now

Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

I'm in France : Two weeks ago, news talked (TV) about Fukushima nuclear plant and radiation all the time...And today,...nothing. Can anybody explain me why there are nothing ? In the States, press talks about it or not ? It is the worlwide censoring ?
Maybe, there is not anymore to say. I would like to view your thoughts, thanks !

Its been the same here in the States, it's all about charlie sheen, Obamas fake birth certificate, and prince poo's marriage, no Japan
well now here in the states we also have our own crisis going on, we've had about 500 tornadoes in a week over 12 states leaving about 300 dead. Crazy times right now

Peace,
Marriah

I was just gonna respond with this same thing! They mention the "ongoing Japanese nuclear crisis" very briefly with, literally, those quoted words without going into detail of any kind. Then no later than 5 seconds later, I see a picture of Mel Gibson, 'cause you know.....hearing another drunken rant from an actor is far more DEADLY! And not just any actor either, but one who hasn't been in a movie for years. But they make a big deal out of this.
And then we have Charlie Sheen's world tour. Since he has barely been in anything except Two and a Half Men, and he isn't an iota of a comedian, there is NO reason to be making a big stink out of this, but let's toss that into the news for the people to slobber over. And we do!
These two news items (in addition to the royal wedding) are exaggerated for one purpose: a DISTRACTION! It gives a sort of tranquility (if you can even call it that) to apparently soothe the ensuing chaos elsewhere in the world. The governments of the world have us citizens totally figured out, no wonder we are ripe targets for conspiracies!!

To the poster that said they truly believe it's just "poor journalism", get a grip. These people aren't stupid; they're run by the government - the same people who oversee tragedies like the Japanese crisis and want to keep a lid on things. It's all planned out, and people like you believe them.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There was a few AP articles going around, as well as local to area articles in the US. But the news stayed small, mostly they said the levels were not an issue. The reports were more common until about 2 and a half weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Good to hear from France. No, MSM here in the US does not mention Fukushima or radiation levels except to occasionally reassure people that whatever the levels are, they're probably of no concern. All the real news we get usually comes from the Internet. Like other posters here have stated, MSM will engage in long, superficial 'news' stories that really don't require much investigation and certainly won't involve detailed expositions as most Americans seem to have very short attention spans.
What I can say, is from my research on the web, most mainstream media outlets are owned by large corporate interests. Japan is the world's third largest economy. Japan is also America's 2nd largest creditor behind China. Radiation levels are cumulative and are climbing in intensity daily throughout the northern hemisphere and will eventually include the southern hemisphere as well. Japan's economy is in the process of collapsing. Quarterly statements will bear that out soon enough as well as statements from international corporations heavily dependent upon Japanese interests. Most nation's economies and markets will experience enormous adverse reactions come July when this can no longer be hidden, and many will naturally and quite simply collapse at that time.
These are the three primary reasons MSM is not covering the story anymore. !.) Corporations don't want people pulling their money out of the markets, banks, etc. before they have time to cover their own enormous losses. 2.) It requires too much investigation and explanation by MSM and the corp. interests that own them, really don't want them going there anyway. 3.) Radiation levels will soon be so high above safe ranges, it would be hard to predict exactly how the affected populations will react before they sicken and die, so naturally, the government will not be saying anything either.
The situation is much more desperate than is widely reported, and frankly there is no solution at this point.
Best of luck to you in France. Sorry, I couldn't give you more cheerful news but, you asked.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
well i mean why talk about it if there is nothing we can do about getting microwaved?
i seen it comin, & see much more comin as well if we keep makin this substance that glows in the dark.

yup :-)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 420CUMMINS
well i mean why talk about it if there is nothing we can do about getting microwaved?
i seen it comin, & see much more comin as well if we keep makin this substance that glows in the dark.

yup :-)

Don't allow them concessions. We aren't here to 'deal'. Try again.

The only ones who hide something...are those with something to hide.
-President Barry Obama

They avoid mention of it because, as others have pointed out, they CANNOT LIE THAT WELL, not because there's 'nothing we can do about it'. This is ionizing radiation, not microwave (non-ionizing) such as in your hand helds, btw. In both cases, there is always something we can do about it.

Obama...true to form, has not uttered a peep about Japanese world nuclear crisis. After the way barry sidestepped the deepwater frackfest, I'm getting to see a pattern here.

There are no live feeds, no progress reports. Hmmmm. Nice that the ocean is so near the smoldering bomb factories. I wonder, do they shoot the juice through a long hose out to sea...of do they just let the poison run-off the factory, and into the nearest shore? Inland reactors will not have this luxury of free abundant water. Dangerous. So what about alternatives? There are SO many things they're ignoring coverage of. I wonder if Katie Couric can say 'thorium'? What about obama, would it kill him to at least act like he's president?

In their silence, however, at least they aren't being caught lying about exposure levels etc.... That's why they say nothing. They don't want to get caught lying. They can't lie that well. By acting as if nothing happened, they are free to pursue their nwo ambitions, with the added veiling of the fallout.

Two things I have noticed which tptw did pull back on, on account of the Japanese attack, will remain unnamed, because tptw are implementing adjustments based partly on what they gather right here. Very minor concessions, indeed, but since they pulled the Bin Laden stunt, they're now in a better position, again, to bluff their hand with a stronger FF event, so be vigilant. Someone said haarp was spiking when the big o was talking about Bin Laden fish kill, on Sunday night.

edit on 3-5-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Here in the US it seemed to fall out of focus a week or two ago. It gets little blurbs but nothing serious.

Too many issues not enough time for it all. People are mentally tired and they will just change the channel rather than get stressed again after a hard day at work.

Thank goodness we've had some inspiring events lately. We need the opimistic vibes to weather the ongoing beating of disappointment.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Oh, I think they've moved onto the next fearmongering story - that of the 'backlash' for the fake death story of OBL. They're now frantically pedalling the 'terrorist threat' story again.

They have to keep changing the story in their desperate attempt to keep people in fear.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Its disappointing and a bit worrying how quickly this has dropped out of mainstream coverage.
Its dropped out of the conscience of the majority of the population.

People need the news spoonfed to them. If its not on skynews or cnn then its not happening.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
edit on 4-5-2011 by Jeluzifus because: dupe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join