It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Hypocritical Christian

page: 8
4
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

1. I have never said we are "going to heaven to be fixed up".
2. I never said we as Christians should not try being righteous.
3. I've never said we can live in unrepentant sin.
4. I've never said someone should try and live contrary to the teachings and example of Jesus Christ.
1. You said sanctification will never be achieved in our lifetimes.
2. "Should" is the operative word, as in not something more emphatic, like, Must.
3. You believe Repentance is only feeling bad.
4. Red Herring! As usual, you never leave an opportunity unused.




posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

You're a liar and a slanderer. I'll keep labeling you as such as long as you refuse to reflect what I actually have to say in these threads.
Thank you for your Christian, non-judgmental reply. (sarcasm alert)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never ONCE defended those things, nor suggested someone do them. The only thing I've been "dogmatic" about is your refusal to truthfully acknowledge what I claim in these threads and your burning desire to straw man virtually every opponent you discuss matters with.
Again, thank you for your non-judgmental reply.
I actually do not think of you or others as "opponents". I feel some people have been lead astray by cult-like teachings and need to have an alternative view to think about.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

1. I have never said we are "going to heaven to be fixed up".
2. I never said we as Christians should not try being righteous.
3. I've never said we can live in unrepentant sin.
4. I've never said someone should try and live contrary to the teachings and example of Jesus Christ.
1. You said sanctification will never be achieved in our lifetimes.


Sanctification is a process. IF I ever said that "sanctification will never be achieved in our lifetimes", it would be saying complete, or full sanctification will not be reached in our lifetimes, we'll never be Christ, hopefully day after day we'll be more like Him though.

So is this "going to heaven to get fixed up" nonsense something you don't wish to comment on?


2. "Should" is the operative word, as in not something more emphatic, like, Must.


Okay, likewise, I've never said we as Christians "must" not try being righteous. We're told to not be just hearers of the Word but doers. So we should do everything the Lord desires us to.


3. You believe Repentance is only feeling bad.


I've never once claimed repentance is "feeling bad/remorse". Got a quote for that? Or another lie?


4. Red Herring! As usual, you never leave an opportunity unused.


And as usual you have no functioning knowledge of the term "red herring". Point being, people who claim Christ need to live according to His example and teachings. And I've never claimed otherwise, He is our example.
edit on 14-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

You're a liar and a slanderer. I'll keep labeling you as such as long as you refuse to reflect what I actually have to say in these threads.
Thank you for your Christian, non-judgmental reply. (sarcasm alert)


Someone continues to lie about me and I can't call them a liar? That's a new take on not judging someone.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never ONCE defended those things, nor suggested someone do them. The only thing I've been "dogmatic" about is your refusal to truthfully acknowledge what I claim in these threads and your burning desire to straw man virtually every opponent you discuss matters with.
Again, thank you for your non-judgmental reply.
I actually do not think of you or others as "opponents". I feel some people have been lead astray by cult-like teachings and need to have an alternative view to think about.


Same here. If you don't like being called a "liar" then I'd suggest stop lying rather than trying to convince folks you're lying about to stop mentioning it.

How's that for an alternate view?



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Okay, likewise, I've never said we as Christians "must" not try being righteous. We're told to not be just hearers of the Word but doers. So we should do everything the Lord desires us to.
This is a little tricky maneuver, here. You are still saying, "Should, Should, Should".



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

And as usual you have no functioning knowledge of the term "red herring". Point being, people who claim Christ need to live according to His example and teachings. And I've never claimed otherwise, He is our example.
I will hand it to you in the philosophy department because that is not my area of study.
And what happens if we don't?
Also, you claim Jesus was "God Almighty" so could not possibly fail, so not really an example under those circumstances.

edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Sanctification is a process. IF I ever said that "sanctification will never be achieved in our lifetimes", it would be saying complete, or full sanctification will not be reached in our lifetimes, we'll never be Christ, hopefully day after day we'll be more like Him though.

So is this "going to heaven to get fixed up" nonsense something you don't wish to comment on?
You are ignoring the Bible and referring to your philosophy because Paul says we are sanctified to glorification and it does not say after we die.
We will not be "like" Jesus because we are not resurrected yet. Once we are, we will be, but unless we are like him in every other way, we will be resurrected to everlasting shame.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never once claimed repentance is "feeling bad/remorse". Got a quote for that? Or another lie?
You add this bit about how before you Repent, you don't feel bad, or something like that.
You can counteract my "lies" by telling what your true position is.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Someone continues to lie about me and I can't call them a liar? That's a new take on not judging someone.
Yes, it is new, what comes with being born again with newness of life.
Takes true repentance to be born again, not just some idea.
edit on 14-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never once claimed repentance is "feeling bad/remorse". Got a quote for that? Or another lie?
You add this bit about how before you Repent, you don't feel bad, or something like that.
You can counteract my "lies" by telling what your true position is.


So what did I claim I believe about Biblical repentance? What was it I said?



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Someone continues to lie about me and I can't call them a liar? That's a new take on not judging someone.
Yes, it is new, what comes with being born again with newness of life.
Takes true repentance to be born again, not just some idea.


And please tell, what does "repent" mean in Greek? What is Biblical repentance?



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never once claimed repentance is "feeling bad/remorse". Got a quote for that? Or another lie?
You add this bit about how before you Repent, you don't feel bad, or something like that.
You can counteract my "lies" by telling what your true position is.


So what did I claim I believe about Biblical repentance? What was it I said?
Who cares?!
Fix it here.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Okay, likewise, I've never said we as Christians "must" not try being righteous. We're told to not be just hearers of the Word but doers. So we should do everything the Lord desires us to.
This is a little tricky maneuver, here. You are still saying, "Should, Should, Should".




"should (shd)

aux.v. Past tense of shall

1. Used to express obligation or duty: You should send her a note.
2. Used to express probability or expectation: They should arrive at noon.
3. Used to express conditionality or contingency: If she should fall, then so would I.
4. Used to moderate the directness or bluntness of a statement: I should think he would like to go."

Should ~ Definition


I'll admit, your reply made me question whether of not my understanding of the term "should" was in error. But, as I said before, we should do what were told to do as Christians. We are under "obligation" and "duty" to live as Christ has commanded us to. It's His "expectation" of us.




edit on 14-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I've never once claimed repentance is "feeling bad/remorse". Got a quote for that? Or another lie?
You add this bit about how before you Repent, you don't feel bad, or something like that.
You can counteract my "lies" by telling what your true position is.


So what did I claim I believe about Biblical repentance? What was it I said?
Who cares?!
Fix it here.


No, several posts ago you were blabbing to the world exactly what I believed and said about repentance.


3. You believe Repentance is only feeling bad.



Go on, tell us what I believe and have said. It should be easy for you, several posts ago you knew exactly what I've said previously, so much so you made an effort to condemn me for these words of mine.

So what did I say?



edit on 14-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Sanctification is a process. IF I ever said that "sanctification will never be achieved in our lifetimes", it would be saying complete, or full sanctification will not be reached in our lifetimes, we'll never be Christ, hopefully day after day we'll be more like Him though.

So is this "going to heaven to get fixed up" nonsense something you don't wish to comment on?
You are ignoring the Bible and referring to your philosophy because Paul says we are sanctified to glorification and it does not say after we die.
We will not be "like" Jesus because we are not resurrected yet. Once we are, we will be, but unless we are like him in every other way, we will be resurrected to everlasting shame.



That same Paul said we will be given our glorified bodies at the resurrection.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

That same Paul said we will be given our glorified bodies at the resurrection.
When you have a chance, later, give a quote of Paul on that.



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

That same Paul said we will be given our glorified bodies at the resurrection.
When you have a chance, later, give a quote of Paul on that.


Philippians 3:21

"who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." ESV


"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." KJB



posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Whenever I hear this issue, it's disappointing, not because I'm embarrassed for my fellow "hypocritical Christians", but because it shows the prevalence of this misconception of what it means to be a Christian. Christians are simply humans trying to be something they're not (more like Christ). And since they're human, they will always fail. So by definition, Christians are hypocrites, just as anyone who is trying to become something different is a hypocrite.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join