It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something bizarre today...Not sure what to think about it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Today we went down to St. James for Easter. It was great fun Food, water fights, and kite flying!! Anyways we were driving back home and the sun was starting to set. I looked out the side mirror and had a direct veiw of the sun. The weird part is that there was something else next to it!! SERIOUSLY!!

Only it wasn't a second sun like some people are claiming is supposed to be showing up sometime soon or is already there. It looked to me like a moon??? I did not get a pic as we were on an interstate and couldn't just pullover and start taking pics. This picture I'm posting here is the closest I found to what I saw next to the sun so picture the sun right next to it where to moon cuts off to get a good idea of what it looked like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2e63e2bb29a.jpg[/atsimg]

This moon(?) appeared to come from behind the sun and you could only see a part of it.
So was this some strange optical illusion or what? I was looking in a mirror after all. Any ideas?

PS: I wasn't sure which forum to put this in. I didn't want to put it in 2012 because I'm not claiming this to be Nibiru or anything like that. I just want some opinions on something different that I happened to see. So I thought chit chat would be fine.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's a very interesting story nonetheless, but unfortunately it won't get you very far on here without actual pictures or anything. I'd have loved to have seen it too, but the only explanation you're probably going to get here is an optical illusion or something.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Yeah I wish I could have taken some but my phone has a crappy camera anyways so it probably would not have turned out. Yeah I am aware that it was most likely an optical illusion. But what if it wasn't? I'm sure with all the great minds on ATS someone will have some other ideas. If not thats cool too but I will be checking the sun at sunset tomorrow to see if it shows up again if it does I will try to get some pics.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Pics or it didnt happen.

Are you seriously suggesting that you might be the only person on the entire planet able to see a second sun in the sky, and that nobody anywhere else anywhere on the planet has happened to notice it?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Did you read my post? By your comment I would say no. Either that or your comprehension skill need improvement. I laugh at you good sir!!
But I feel bad for laughing sorry!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

I'm pretty sure it was the moon. I've seen it multiple times before in broad daylight and I would question what it actually is, but, it has the same markings as the moon... Strange though...I wonder why it does that?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Pics or it didnt happen.

Are you seriously suggesting that you might be the only person on the entire planet able to see a second sun in the sky, and that nobody anywhere else anywhere on the planet has happened to notice it?

What?! You and I apparently read different threads...
Don't take offense in this, i am not trying to be mean or anything like that...

Also this isnt against you as I've seen it more times than I can shake a stick at on ATS... but the whole "Pics or it didnt happen" thing... I dislike that something terrible...

but on to the OP...

but I will be checking the sun at sunset tomorrow to see if it shows up again if it does I will try to get some pics.

Please do so... it would probably help also if you were in the same area tomorrow?

I am very torn on the whole 2nd sun, planet x, nibiru theory... but i love as much information on it as I can get! where I live I cannot see the sun rise or set... its already well into the sky when it finally shines on me... I would love to catch a sunrise/sunset sometime soon! but i will check back... thanks for adding your story!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

I have seen the moon in the day too as I'm sure most people have but our moon is smaller than our planet and what i saw appeared to be behind the sun. It looked huge, no it did not have the same markings as our moon I was just using that picture to get an idea of what I saw.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
reply to post by ucantcme

I'm pretty sure it was the moon. I've seen it multiple times before in broad daylight and I would question what it actually is, but, it has the same markings as the moon... Strange though...I wonder why it does that?

hmmmm if this occurred at sunset it could not be our moon, aka Luna...

cos our moon is not visible at sunset right now in America... according to my sky chart... our moon is visible...
moonrise 2:43am to moonset 1:30pm and the sun set is 8:18pm ...so it couldnt be our moon

The thing in the picture in the OP.... is the moon, but the OP only used it for example... as the OP did not have an eye witness picture

EDIT: Times given are Eastern Standard Time...
edit on 4/25/11 by EvolEric because: See EDIT Section

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I don't have pics either but I can confirm your story. I live in Northern Colorado near Fort Collins and its been horribly rainy here today but this after noon I witnessed the exact same thing. I thought it was an eclipse but when I got back inside and looked up info I couldn't see anything about an eclipse today then I sort of just put it out of my mind until I seen this post. Anyway. Believe what you will but I saw it..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I was thinking whether or not going back to the same location would matter. I hope not I live north of the Twin Cities. Where we were was like 45 minutes away from Iowa. Its pretty far. We don't go down there much just holidays and what not. I don't think that what I saw was Nibiru. I thought that was supposed to be a sun like thing and what I saw was definitely not sun like.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HypoLuxa

Thanks for sharing you story!! I believe you!!
Any Idea as to what it is?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

I was thinking whether or not going back to the same location would matter. I hope not I live north of the Twin Cities. Where we were was like 45 minutes away from Iowa. Its pretty far. We don't go down there much just holidays and what not. I don't think that what I saw was Nibiru. I thought that was supposed to be a sun like thing and what I saw was definitely not sun like.

I understand the distance thing...
If it is possible to stand from your yard, that should do the trick

Nibiru... from what I gather about it... its a planet or actually I believe its a moon... I've read a lot about our moon being a space ship... so if you wanna believe that sort of thing... Why would Nibiru being a spaceship/moon be far fetched... anything is possible...

Anyways, most things can be explained as something simple... isnt that the Occam's Razor theory?
I am anxious though... to the explanation...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Originally posted by ucantcme

I understand the distance thing...
If it is possible to stand from your yard, that should do the trick

Nibiru... from what I gather about it... its a planet or actually I believe its a moon... I've read a lot about our moon being a space ship... so if you wanna believe that sort of thing... Why would Nibiru being a spaceship/moon be far fetched... anything is possible...

Anyways, most things can be explained as something simple... isnt that the Occam's Razor theory?
I am anxious though... to the explanation...

I read some things on it too but there is so much conflicting information about this subject. I love reading about everything but I pretty much put the nibiru thing in a probably not category. If it even exists at all I had never seen any significant evidence that support it coming close to earth at this point in time. I'm thinking I might have to look into it again if I see the same thing tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Obviously, it was a a double reflection in the mirror.

The Moon does not tend to change its hibitual route much regardless of how many posters seem to discover that it is coming up in the wrong place, etc. these days.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

It did not look like our moon it looked like a moon. Well a part of one anyway. A double reflection would have shown 2 suns would it not? I did NOT see 2 suns!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It was too cloudy to see anything today. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

top topics

join