It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona senate passes bill to stop the banking fraud, one state rep nullifies the bill

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The good news:
It is only going to delay the financially inevitable
and not for long

she did make sure she will have lots of company in the poor house (camp) though
edit on 25-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I am just not quite ready to just throw in the towel and give up hope. That is how Bush got into office.

Point taken, unfortunately this also proves my point. The "rrr's" and the "ddd's" have been playing out this back-and-forth, cat-and-mouse game with the voting populace for over one hundred years now, starting in 1909 with President Taft. I heard an analogy recently, likening our political paradigm to professional wrestling. They put up a good show for the audience, but in reality they are bosom companions.

How is it that we have two separate parties, when both agree on all major issues, and agree to not even discuss major issues? Instead, the try their best to keep us bickering back and forth over "issues" that have nothing to do with politics!
Take your video, for instance with Mr. Weiner. While he is certainly a passionate speaker, and to me seems to believe what he is saying; he is still ignoring the true issues.

The question our representatives should be asking in session is not "Should we spend the people's money on A. or on B.?", but rather: "What right do we have to spend this money? This is the problem with a democracy.
when you get enough passionate speakers, speaking passionately about the wrong topics, and persuade the majority through speech that "If only we can accomplish *this*, it will be good."

It boils down to one basic concept. Do you own yourself, and the product of your labor; or does the government own you, and the product of your labor?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
It boils down to one basic concept. Do you own yourself, and the product of your labor; or does the government own you, and the product of your labor?

I guess I just do not understand the isolationist view people that remain in the US seem to have. I do not want my house to burn down because my neighbor is either unlucky or unsafe so I willingly give up a little bit of money for that. In fact, I live in society and I do not want my doctor's house to burn down either. I do not want my children's teachers homes to burn down. I can go on. I live in a society with other people. The kind of freedom I see people talk about is only realistic on your own island with your own private military, roads, postal service, etc. Unfortunately some things in society need to be funded and the best way to do that efficiently is to come to some agreement on what should be funded. I for one feel giant agricorp business that reap huge profits should be funded by our tax dollars but they are. I do not like it but my voice does not count. Here, the wishes of basically everyone but one woman counted on such a local level. Those people live in society too and they all seem to agree that they are willing to give up whatever freedom you feel they are losing in order to hold fraudulent banks accountable.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As sorry as it is the truth of the matter is the vast majority of Americans wouldn't even get what happened if they were given this information... they don't even know the basics of how our democracratic republic works... they don't care to take the time to figure out how we're being raped by banksters....

they sit in front of their TV and are fed a bunch of BS news or entertainment... that is, when they aren't worried about how in the hell they're going to get their family out from underneath the huge pile of debt they've racked up chasing the "Amerikan dream" ...

You can't even have an intelligent conversation about this sort of stuff with them... you either get a blank stare or a "What the eff are you talking about,. That's way too far out for me."... because everything boils down to republican bad, democrat good, or visa versa... as sad as it is they won't wake up until we're totally effed... and then it will be too late...

America is already dead... and neither the Tea Baggers or Mr. Obummer are going to save us... it's going to take sacrifice, compromise, intelligence and a common sense long term plan... all thing Americans aren't good at these days...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

(Emphasis added)

I do not want my house to burn down because my neighbor is either unlucky or unsafe so I willingly give up a little bit of money for that.

Herein lies the key! You do so willingly, as would most sane people who want to protect their investments, and that of their community. However, when you believe as I do that I own myself, you own yourself, etc., etc...It becomes inherently and morally wrong for the majority of 51% or greater to decree legislation for the remaining 49%. Even in a wholly logical and reasonable form such as a tax to fund the local fire department, you will always have that one individual who would rather take the risk of his home burning down than to pay a tax that supports the fire dept.....and that is his choice, and rightly so because he owns himself.

The same goes for mandated health insurance and life insurance, from ambiguous property taxes and income taxes, right on down to seat belt / motorcycle helmet legislation. I wear a seatbelt because I value and wish to protect my life - not because of a government mandate. To the contrary, the government mandate is a constant thorny reminder that they believe they own me.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

There is no democrat or republican, only politicians.
This woman needs to be tried and if found guilty, hung from the highest tree.

Don't trow rubbish at the tree, is not the tree's fault. Put her in jail for the rest of her life!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Yep

Its stuff like that that makes me proud Im not an American.
What an absolute disgrace, she should actually be strung up.

Not that I disagree with your rope idea, but the bankers are every where just because your not an American doesn't mean the Bankers don't have a hand in your country as well. The federal reserve consists of many banks outside of the US.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wonder why she didn't even hear it. Disgusting if the worst assumptions are close to accurate. Obtained her official email address from co.mohave.az.us ....

So I emailed Rep. Nancy G. McLain (R-Bullhead City) of District 3 for Arizona at "[email protected]" the following email:

Any information or elaboration on why you chose not to "hear the case from the Senate."? Concerned Nevada citizen, wondering why debt collectors/foreclosure agents should not be required to prove they own the property/debt? Why was the case not heard? I love the United States but it sickens my stomach to see what appears to be a undermining of the democratic process given by the People, as authorized under the Constitution. So before I assume, I would really like some elaboration as to why, Yours respectfully, chose not to even hear the Bill. Best regards, (NAME REMOVED)

Just a little something, nothing extreme... polite yet concerned. Perhaps, if enough of these reach her..... at least something! Hope this isn't as bad as it probably is

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Im an Australian and I agree were not much better off than you are.

My concern is that in the US they dont even try to hide it anymore!!!
There is no longer any fear from your politicians they pretty much do what they want when they want.
An example is the money paid by lobby groups, The sums they pay (and Im sure its just the tip of the iceberg) pretty much show that your leaders are corporate sponsored and its proved by the fact they always act in the interests of their respective sugar daddies.

Im not anti American but I have serious concerns for EVERYONE not just Americans when its obvious your country with its massive arsenal and warfare capabilities and economic muscle has blatantly been hijacked. If the people who run your country dont care what their own people think what chance do the rest of us have?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I must say that for anyone who really cares about our government knows that this doesn't matter whether your Dem or Repub. It's actually silly for you to say such a thing when it's clearly a representative who is not doing her job for the people.

Also, who cares? By now the republicans and Democrats both know that they are getting screwed by their own reps. OMG she's the republican representative. Big whoop.

While your whining over which side of a failed bipartisan system she's on maybe you should worry more about why someone like her is even in office. What I'm sick of are the people who cry over such a small thing as what side they are on that they don't even look at the bigger picture... To those people it's all about bragging rights and who has the bigger stick.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by g146541

There is no democrat or republican, only politicians.
This woman needs to be tried and if found guilty, hung from the highest tree.

Sorry but I have been on ATS long enough to have heard this song enough to sing it in my sleep.
When Republicans are inexcusably bad, all politicians are bad.
When Democrats are bad on any level, them $#^*in' Democrats is evil!!!!!!
Yeah yeah yeah.

and weve seen enough of your posts to know youll be the first one to come out with the leftvsRight arguement every time.........

Give it a rest man........seriously, youve had tons of threads in the last few days that keep pushing this agenda......

Are you really here for answers and to interject common sense , or are you here to play party politics?

This thread was about an idiot who struck a bill down that would have done a lot of good........not about your damn partisan politics.........

GIVE IT A REST!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
and weve seen enough of your posts to know youll be the first one to come out with the leftvsRight arguement every time.........

I have never denied where I stand on issues which is precisely why I refuse to accept the argument that there is no right or left. None of that is a secret.

Give it a rest man........seriously, youve had tons of threads in the last few days that keep pushing this agenda......

2=tons?

Really? Both threads were too much for you?

Are you really here for answers and to interject common sense , or are you here to play party politics?

Is this post about anything that could not have been in a personal U2U message or did you want to make sure everyone watched you go after me on a personal level?

This thread was about an idiot who struck a bill down that would have done a lot of good........not about your damn partisan politics.........

And I opined on that, as is my right.

GIVE IT A REST!

I have never ever attempted to silence another member of ATS no matter how I felt about what they posted. Given all you have is a lame personal attack that equates 2 threads with a ton, consider your opinion noted and dismissed. For someone so worried about the topic, this really could have been a U2U.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
Herein lies the key! You do so willingly, as would most sane people who want to protect their investments, and that of their community. However, when you believe as I do that I own myself, you own yourself, etc., etc...It becomes inherently and morally wrong for the majority of 51% or greater to decree legislation for the remaining 49%. Even in a wholly logical and reasonable form such as a tax to fund the local fire department, you will always have that one individual who would rather take the risk of his home burning down than to pay a tax that supports the fire dept.....and that is his choice, and rightly so because he owns himself.

No, you are dead wrong. That is not his choice. He CHOOSES to be a member of society. He chooses to have a home that if on fire might then infring on my right not be on fire. That is how society works. No one owns just themselves when you function in society. What you are suggesting has absolutely no reflection on reality. If you want the freedom to endanger the lives of others, found your own country. Go to Somalia. This is the US and we all already kind of agreed that if we are going to live together, we cannot let our own stupidity just endanger everyone else on every level. I feel like you did not even read my post beyond that one quoted sentence.

The same goes for mandated health insurance and life insurance, from ambiguous property taxes and income taxes, right on down to seat belt / motorcycle helmet legislation. I wear a seatbelt because I value and wish to protect my life - not because of a government mandate. To the contrary, the government mandate is a constant thorny reminder that they believe they own me.

I am not going to debate seatbelts vs. fire protection but you do fail to see a major point. If you refuse to buy health insurance and fail to wear a seatbelt and then get into an accident, who do you suppose pays for your care? Are you free to walk away and die? What if you are in a coma? Can you give back the treatment and reimburse the hospital with your freedom? Living in society means compromising. I hate driving slower than 100 MPH but I understand that other people hate having their children run over so we came to an agreement. It is called civilization.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cataclysmo
I'm sorry but I must say that for anyone who really cares about our government knows that this doesn't matter whether your Dem or Repub. It's actually silly for you to say such a thing when it's clearly a representative who is not doing her job for the people.

I had an opinion on the thread and I expressed it.
Now you have done that same.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if you think the banks or evil or this would be fair to banks, that isn't the issue, the issue this politician CHANGED THE TEXT of the bill AFTER it was voted on and approved.

So put aside what you think about the banks, the homeowners, and foreclosures, and just focus on how this bill was altered after it had been voted on.

This republican piece of filth should be tarred and feathered and thrown out of office.

It is not an accident, I'm sure, that the bill in question in Arizona would have simply required that anyone foreclosing on a home prove that they are in fact the lawful owner of the debt in question and therefore that they have the right to foreclose. That this bill, which was clearly by the vote in their Senate about to become law, was deemed "unacceptable" by certain people who have not been identified is further proof that we no longer live in a Republic, and that neither Arizona or the United States has a functional Constitution - or the Rule of Law.

Update: The original sponsor of this bill, Ms. Michele Reagan, was sued in 2010 by her lender over her mortgage when she tried to find out who actually owned it. It appears that in order for a "Striker" amendment to be passed in Arizona the sponsor of the bill must concur. Therefore, the obvious questions arise: Is Ms. Reagan still being sued, was the case previously settled, and is there a quid-pro-quo - or perhaps even something more overt - going on here?

Why would a lawmaker who was sued for simply trying to find out who actually owns their mortgage drop a bill that would require documentation of ownership before foreclosure?

It gets better. There are reports that the House Committee Chair, Nancy McClain, threatened to "not hear" the bill as passed. That's right - the Republican (where are you Tea Party?) Committee Chair intended to kill a bill without a vote that passed the Senate 28-2! Why? Well gee, who do you think she was talking to? (cough-banksters-cough!)

I smell a big, fat, stinking rat.

Remember "Goodnight Banks"? Goodnight America

I guess the Arizona tea baggers have been issued a gag order from their party bosses as they are awfully quiet on this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well with your original partially off topic comment with saying that if she was a DEM then the Democrats would have been bashed for an eternity. (yes this is an exaggeration) Instead of
nonsense about the DEMS vs. REPS, maybe we should look past an affiliation to the system and look at the problems with the system as a whole.

Exactly what your doing with the Democrats against Republicans and vice versa are the resons why our country has let all of this get to where it is. Bickering about the dems being tree-hugging radical tax-loving fools, or the Republicans being a bunch of honkey-tonk fire-starting gun-toting cowboys, is absolutely pointless.

In the past we've had problems with Abortion, gun laws, taxes, insurance, war. But what has been accomplished really. What one side decides the other side will "fix" as soon as they hold the majority. There is no compromise and there is no coexisting. Whats worse is that people allow their own morals to come to the plate so often that if it's something they are passionate about they will completely throw away their freedoms happily for it without even thinking.

Take Abortion. I am personally against it. I would never want my girlfriend, or wife or child to have to go through an abortion. But that's me, my life, and my family.

Now if you asked me if Abortion should be made legal. Question number one that I ask myself is "Is this something the government should have a hand in controlling?" The answer is no. I don't think it's the governments right to get into our personal business which is exactly where that point stands. IT'S MY BUSINESS NOT YOURS OR MY NEIGHBORS.

Now in Politics it's all about the DEMS say it should be left up to the mother and should be set up so that she mother can be safe with it. The REPS say that it's just not right with Jesus and we should man up for putting our peckers where they shouldn't be. So in my opinion they were both wrong because it's not about what your personal morals and beliefs are it's about whether the government should be able to dictate that part of your life.

This type of bickering has gone on for years and years and years. People still don't get it. This is why we're slowly losing all of our freedoms.

Sorry about the rant. I've been sick and still don't feel good. I didn't meant to lash out at you specifically, but just what I'm talking about in general.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Cataclysmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A follow up even more insane... SHE ADMITTED TO BE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR...

Homeowner Bill Wiped Out, Replaced With Fire Districting Bill

What started out as a half a page homeowner bill ended up anything but. When Reagan sponsored SB 1259, she never anticipated any problems.

"It sailed through the Senate, 28 I believe to 2, which is a good vote," Reagan said.

The next step was the House Banking and Insurance committee, where Reagan expected a similar reaction.

Instead committee chair Nancy McLain moved to strike the bill before it even had a chance to be read.

"Just to be clear, representative, it was solely your decision to not hear the original bill in committee, right?" asked reporter Elizabeth Erwin.

"That is correct, yes," McLain answered.

"I've got to ask, did lobbyists have anything to do with your decision?" Erwin asked McLain.

"Well, there were people that came and talked to me about it," she responded.

FREAKING CORRUPT WITCH!

She needs to be kicked out RIGHT NOW.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It saddens me to see how quickly people try to turn this into a partisan issue, with all of the "if she was a democrat" non-sense. Don't you see that it is this kind of thinking (ignorance) that allows these politicians to get away with a lot of what they do? If she was a democrat, she would still be corrupt, period.

Believe it or not, the Republicans and Democrats are only two different sides to the same coin. They are all statists on a mission to divide. Like I've said a million times, both major parties only have superficial differences, differences on issues that are relatively unimportant, though emotional. This fools us into believing that there is at least some kind of oposition, when there is no organized opposition in this country.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties champion the elite, corporations and special interests, at the expense of the American people. As long as we continue to fall for their partisan illusion, this country will continue to decay and the elite will continue to benefit at the expense of the republic - you, me and the rest of the non-elite citizenry.

--airspoon

ETA: Whoa, how did that happen? Wrong thread, though the right topic. That's weird.
edit on 1-5-2011 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
It saddens me to see how quickly people try to turn this into a partisan issue, with all of the "if she was a democrat" non-sense. Don't you see that it is this kind of thinking (ignorance) that allows these politicians to get away with a lot of what they do? If she was a democrat, she would still be corrupt, period.

You clearly missed my point. It was not a comment on her or politicians at all. I was commenting on the people that populate ATS and most political discourse in this country today. People have become so partisan that when a Democrat is corrupt, we get 10 threads discussing how all Democrats are evil and wrong. When a Republican is corrupt, we get a soft whisper about how politicians should be expected to be bad anyway, no biggy.

Originally posted by Cataclysmo
Well with your original partially off topic comment with saying that if she was a DEM then the Democrats would have been bashed for an eternity. (yes this is an exaggeration) Instead of
nonsense about the DEMS vs. REPS, maybe we should look past an affiliation to the system and look at the problems with the system as a whole.

Partially off topic? Compared to your history "lesson?" How about you look at past affiliation while I stick around here, in the present, on THIS TOPIC. Sorry you do not agree with my view and that is fine. Your post just trails off and really does not relate though. Sorry.
edit on 5/1/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
No one see the bigger problem that would come from this bill passed, tons of people would get free houses.

That my friend is exactly how the bank bailout should have worked. The billions of dollars that went to the bankers should have gone to the homeowners to pay off their mortgages. The bankers would STILL END UP WITH THE MONEY, and the HOMEOWNERS WOULD STILL BE IN THEIR PAID OFF HOUSES.

<< 1    3 >>

join