It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Clean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I have been very upset lately with a certain store that a friend of mine works at. Lets begin with how everything started.

A few months ago a really close friend of mine, almost like a sister, got a new job at this store where they sell electronics (I will not say the name) so after working there for a few months she started to make a lot of sells and she seemed happy. But one day i noticed she was bothered and i asked her what was wrong. She started telling how much she hates her job and how she has to lie to people, I told her thats what salesman do, LIE. (she works in the computer department)

This is what she told me.

There are certain price tags out on the floor, each computer has 4 price tags. 1 price tag which is the advertised price and the other 3 are services which this store provides which is 90-300 dollars more. and the services are crap, these are things you can do on your own, most people go looking for the advertise price which is cheaper.

So she tells me the store doesn't really like when you sell the advertise price because it doesn't bring in money and for that reason they might cut your hours.

So she proceeded to explain how she was told to make a sell, If the customer asks for the advertise price just tell them we don't have it even if they have 200 which in most cases they do. There has been cases she has told me that customers are told to go to a certain location where they have the item, and when they get there (the store she works at) after driving MILES to buy, they are told that they don't have it advertised when really they have stacks of them!!!!

There was this specific item which is internet where ever you go.....WORSE thing you can ever buy (2 year contract, up to 60 dollars a month) this thing does not get any signal and its super slow. She explained how she has made a lot of poor little old women buy these pieces of you know what.

Is this right? shouldn't the customer get what he wants?

OPINIONS????

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I work in sales, my job depends on selling people crap that they don't need. This is how the world works.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

I Think there is possible civil rights violated here i'm not a lawyer but it just seems like something is wrong. With how your friend is being treated and/or forced to perform her job at work.

I've been too many electronics stores and am quite knowledgeable about computers; I know the tricks they do to try and get you to buy stuff and/or something that you don't need.

edit on 25-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yeah Best Buy sucks

Trowa

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

looks to me like someone needs a change of career

tell anyone,, about this one www.abovetopsecret.com...
How i earn $200.00 bucks or so an hour,, and make my own hours..
edit on 4/25/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

sounds cool, were in college lol where she works is just another..........COLLEGE JOB!!!!!!!
LMAO

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

our only choice is with cheese or without these days,other than that they do what they want and u have no choice but to comply

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Money makes the world go round. A good sized retail store like Target just makes huge sums of cash, atleast I know the one around here does. It's just amount marking up the price and the consumer gets screwed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
On another message forum I visit, this is often cited as one of the reasons that internet shopping is becoming so popular.
Indeed there is active HATRED for some of the larger chain stores, with many people hoping they go bankrupt.
Its often said that their loss of customers to internet shopping is their own fault, after ripping people off with high prices, poor customer service, lying, bait and switch, lack of stock and all the rest.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ahem, geek squad sucks ahem...

top topics

join