It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodless Meat? What Are We Eating?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Hello, and yes this is another post on FrankenFood. I bought some steaks last week and again this week, they seem to be cheaper than usual and I had taken advantage of the price. The first ones I bought were Sirloins, the ones I bought the other day were Ribeye. My favorite is the Ribeye, I like the way the fat around it makes it taste sooooo good.

So we noticed when cooking the sirloin last week it was extremely lean, so lean that it stuck to the grill and tore apart when we tried to turn it, then the other side stuck too. We also noted that there wasn't any blood coming out of it. Blamed it on the leaness of the meat.

But this week the ribeye's should not have been dry at all, there was more than a modest amount of fat left on the steaks, but again it didn't cook out of it, it just dried up, and again no blood whatsoever came out of the meat. It tasted sweet to me, my husband just couldn't put his finger on what he tasted, but he said it didn't even taste or feel like meat. I agree, neither of us finished our dinner.

I while back I mentioned on another thread that a lady in the grocery store, an elderly lady, looked at me and said 'you know that ain't real meat anymore, don't eat it, nobody knows what it is', well similarly another lady said to us while we were buying those horrible steaks ( they looked perfect) 'that meat isn't right'.

I have to say that I am convinced that something is wrong with the red meat in the market right now, and has been for about a year. I don't eat much meat at all, but I do love a good steak occasionally, sooo disappointing to buy some kind of franken meat. I mean it doesn't cook right, it doesn't bleed, it tastes weird and has a very odd texture to it.

Anyone else expeirence this lately?

Leaner, less juicy, somehow sweet and its blood can look somehow blueisher than cow meat.
From the description I would bet that was horse meat.
edit on 25-4-2011 by bruji76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
I'm afraid DeepThoughtCriminal is absolutely correct. Crap cuts of meat are glued together and then sold as prime cuts.

YUK!

Thank you for that. I would have never guessed. Glad I don't eat much meat... but this does it. I started raising my own eggs last year and a vegetable garden. This year I am definately buying half a cow from friends that raise them and have a butcher cut it up, wrapped in butcher paper vs. plastic. I am hearing more and more now about all the bs going on with meat/veggies and other food. Fortunately I live in a rural setting so can still get farm raised veggies/chickens. It is time though to move on to meats too. I think I will be purchasing even less from the grocery store this next year! (that's a good thing though)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Bloodless Meat? What Are We Eating?

CUTE DEAD ANIMALS.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm so happy that it isn't just me, whoa let me share, since i read earlier 2016 on yahoo that the Chinese had experimented with human feces and made a steak that they shown a picture that resembled regular steak it said "it passed the taste test" so I turned to turkey and chicken seeing how our government has been working. I broke down feeling for the holidays I'd try a steak a porterhouse which weirdly was on sale so cheap hmm that steak i cooked perfectly, but it had no flavor, i'm suspious that they're selling us something wrong. I've also discovered a change in the bacon you know the fat part is the best but i've taken back at least 10 packages of bacon as the bacon no longer taste like bacon, a lot of the butter no longer melts right it foams, i wanted french fries with that steak cut up the red ones and cooked them perfectly but no flavor. I believe if you go to a restaurants you may get the real thing but something is going on with the food they are selling us ..... everyone if you discover this please take it back and complain if we don't let them know they will continue to feed us who knows what!
edit on 1-1-2017 by Sunfish21 because: misspellings

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunfish21

We've totally stopped eating supermarket meats.
We are lucky enough to have three specialty stores near us, one a butcher, one a higher end grocer, and the third an Amish market.
For steaks, we splurge a couple of times a year at a local steakhouse....not one of those chains.

If you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe near you, that can be a place for certain foods, like dairy and frozen.
I am not a fan of their meats, however.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: space cadet

drained human flesh from the homeless.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

damn im not gonna lie. pg has me really worries about this line of inquiry.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

The problem is mate, in this day and age we cannot be 100% certain that things like this don't happen can we?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

The problem is mate, in this day and age we cannot be 100% certain that things like this don't happen can we?

So this is where all the missing people end up......
...In saying that it really would not surprise me to find out human flesh is on the menu in some places....cant be too wasteful now with all these useless eaters...

Didnt the mad cow disease thing start from cows being ground up and fed back to cows ?..

Op sounds like glued meat, lots of off cuts glued together into a cut that looks good, i remember reading about that years ago, i assume you are the U.S ?.....It was scary you guys have like 2 lower level grades of meat than what we have here .....Just yuk...oh and the veggies are likely hydroponically grown, picked unripened then kept in cold storage for a year or so and when ready to be shelved they spray this chemical to ripen it ....bon appetite

top topics

<< 1   >>

join