It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Face Found on Mars??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
An Italian man has found a "new" face on Mars. Apparently you can view it on Google Maps of Mars. www.activistpost.com...
edit on 24-4-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Why was it necessary to create a 2nd thread on this topic ?

Here's the existing one:

Face on Mars discovered

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That is definitely interesting.Although I believe the original 'Face on Mars" was not "a trick of light and shadows", this one wouldn't really make sense.It's a "sideways" view- whereas the original was "face-up" in order to be seen from above.....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

My bad......did a search for " Mars face" and a million results came up. Looked like they were all old. Sorry I didn't go through all the search results, but don't have time to spend hours looking for whether a thread was already posted. Mods- feel free to delete this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

how dumb do they think we are,its a blurred out characature of a fat old italian man

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cool..I put in the coordinates and took a look myself at google mars..it sure looks like a face! What a creepy place Mars is so devoid of life, just a bunch of holes in the ground who would have thought a face would be there? It reminds me of a another strange earth anomaly I seen here on ATS..I can't find that thread and this has been posted before so if anyone knows please add it so I can give credit to the original poster.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3d1184b7585.jpg[/atsimg]
Latitude 50° 0'36.20"N Longitude 110° 6'46.53"W

We may never know the origin of these faces..but it's interesting to think how these came about, are they man made? or caused by climate conditions? good post SnF

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

This thread is already being discussed, search is your friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

See above post were I explained my search and the apology for the 2nd thread. Also told mod's they may remove it. Reading slower could be your friend!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
Cool..I put in the coordinates and took a look myself at google mars..it sure looks like a face! What a creepy place Mars is so devoid of life, just a bunch of holes in the ground who would have thought a face would be there? It reminds me of a another strange earth anomaly I seen here on ATS..I can't find that thread and this has been posted before so if anyone knows please add it so I can give credit to the original poster.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3d1184b7585.jpg[/atsimg]
Latitude 50° 0'36.20"N Longitude 110° 6'46.53"W

We may never know the origin of these faces..but it's interesting to think how these came about, are they man made? or caused by climate conditions? good post SnF

First off concerning the OP,
interesting photo, the image quality isnt the best.. but it does look like a face to me...

Now on to itscocobaby's contribution...

Wow... that is unmistakable!
I don't know where the "land formation" in the photo is...but it for certain looks like an Mayan/Incan Native Indian... I know "we" are always looking for faces but come on! That is a clear picture!

How long has humans been on this planet? no... not what modern scholars think...
but the actual facts... how many civilizations have been wiped out and long long forgotten?!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Here's the existing one:

Face on Mars discovered

Why is it necessary to be snarky?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Originally posted by Helious

See above post were I explained my search and the apology for the 2nd thread. Also told mod's they may remove it. Reading slower could be your friend!

I could have replied to your U2U (see below) with one of my own ... but truthfully your attitude towards me was completely unwarranted and pissed me right off and deserves to be made public.

"What are you the ATS police? If you wanna be a "mod", start your own website asshole."

The original thread has remained on the main page for quite a while and would have easily been seen/found by you ... so your search "failure" excuse doesn't hold up. In fact, too many posters have recently been using this very same excuse to clutter up ATS with multiple redundant threads on the very same topic.

Huge
to you for your attitude which most certainly is NOT in the spirit of the ATS community.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by tauristercus

Here's the existing one:

Face on Mars discovered

Why is it necessary to be snarky?

Where in my post am I being "snarky", as you put it. ?
In my opinion too many posters are being lazy and NOT putting in the effort to prevent redundant thread creation.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Wow... that is unmistakable! I don't know where the "land formation" in the photo is...but it for certain looks like an Mayan/Incan Native Indian... I know "we" are always looking for faces but come on! That is a clear picture! How long has humans been on this planet? no... not what modern scholars think... but the actual facts... how many civilizations have been wiped out and long long forgotten?!

Isn't it remarkable? it looks so much like a Mayan/Incan Native Indian..your right evoleric we really don't know how long people have been here..we have what main stream science tells us, but even now they are finding more evidence that human civilization is much older than they think hope you are having a great evening!..cheers bud coco

paranormal.about.com...
The 10 Most Intriguing Mysteries of Lost Civilizations
Tantalizing clues to the possible true history of our distant past

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's just a thread. Whether it's said in this or another, it doesn't really matter. Relax. There are topics I wouldn't know about if not for a second or third thread on it. I usually don't have the time or patience to go through 50 pages of threads. My apologies.

As for the picture, most natural face-like formations on Earth are, like this one, in profile. That's what makes the original Face on Mars so intriguing.

S & F...just because

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

tauristercus

Mood:
Member was on ATS
13 minutes ago.

P 1,285 F 2,533 S 4,131
W 58 K 68member
go to profile
add as friend
make rival
view posts
view threads
posts in thread
send message
ALERT!

posted on 18-4-2011 @ 09:57 PM this post reply to post by gatewaywithin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try to do at least a cursory search before posting.

This has been discussed to death a few months ago in another thread and determined to be nothing more than imagery of parts of the Rover i

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
How about you type in "Mars face" in the search. It brings back TEN PAGES of search results! I use the "new topics" feature all the time and didn't see it there once today. I probably checked the "new topics page at least 5 times today, every 2 hours on average. I didn't see it once. Yes you were "snarky" in your reply to me as another poster pointed out, hence the the appropriate U2U I sent you. Maybe you should send a U2U to the owners of this forum and ask for a "mod" job?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
when I discover I've authored a duplicate thread (because it happens...), I will send an alert myself to da mods so they can shut it down ASAP....I don't post anymore replies or silly pissing matches with our members.

But that's just me...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
so why does it have ipod headphones on ??

lol

it looks egyptian.....again!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looks human...

I never thought Martians would look human. Even the Greys look very different compared to humans.

This theory is a little out there, but maybe it is a human time traveler from the future who became revered as a god by the Martians.

Because people wouldn't want there to be interference with Earth's past, but you could travel back in time on Mars and not effect our own human past on Earth.

Or maybe...primate like animals evolved into humans the same way on Mars...even as far fetched as it seems.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

or maybe we came from mars and life evolved there first. these are all theories stated many times over. personally i am not buying the indian head or this new face. it is interesting but ats is filled with many similar rock faced structures here on earth that look human. i am still find the original face compelling especially all the pyramids surrounding it. if i was sending man to mars, cydonia is where i would go. either that or the area that looks like it has trees growing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join