It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Map of Happiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Source:
www.targetmap.com...

Data: Gallup World Poll Quantifying happiness isn't an easy task. Researchers at the Gallup World Poll went about it by surveying thousands of respondents in 155 countries, between 2005 and 2009, in order to measure two types of well-being.

Select your country in order to find out how happy the people are . Enjoy the day and stay happy!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I like how Gaza is rated higher than some other countries like Russia. Please. And Israel is up there with Canada? Where are these statistics from? Neat app, but, seems biased.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Dont worry Ryan
our prime minister Harper is commited to putting Israel before Canada
so look for Israel to pass us shortly,,,
and look for Canada to fit the bill too

ps
sandf op
for luck...
maybe if we coloured the map
it would improve things by voodoo

edit on 24-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am alway's amused when some folk's mis-understand the difference between happiness and joy.Happiness is circumstantial relating to environmental changes (i got a flat tire) that happen, I wasn't happy about it but still maintained my internal Joy in life. Man, if I went through life depending on that fickle fleating thing called happiness, I would fall in and out of love with my lovely girlfriend quite often, but i made an internal choice rest in "joy" which isn't affected by circumstances. I hope I made myself clear, and didn't ramble too much.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xzorter

Happines can be a choice. Look at Brasil on this map, they know how to make their best with less. The problem comes with the "suffering" proportion, that one is quite clear what it means.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
wow 52 in my country (Mexico)
I do not know if its field trials included marginal areas because the number seems too high ... i mean if happiness for them is the well being of people.

But its true, happiness its a mental state... although I can assure that people in my country (the overwhelming majority) is very disappointed by their quality of life and not very happy for this fact.

Good for Denmark heh number one LAFFOE!!! you live in the happiest country!!

edit on 25-4-2011 by zaper because: typo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very cool map and information!

I think it's interesting that with some exceptions (notably Russia and Brazil), the "happiness" factor seems inversely proportional to the "religiosity" in many countries. In other words, where religion is most important, people are the least happy.

Importance of Religion by Country

Examples:

Finland is least religious and one of the happiest.
Australia is the same.
Much of Africa holds religion as important, yet they are the most unhappy.
edit on 4/25/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah I like how China is one of the least religious countries and has a happiness score of 9.

Look the religion bashing is get tiresome.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I said there were a few exceptions. And I'm not religion bashing. It was the first thing I noticed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Source:
www.targetmap.com...

Select your country in order to find out how happy the people are . Enjoy the day and stay happy!

A recent ATS thread:

Group: At Least 500 Dead in Nigeria Election Riots

BBC: Nigeria Tops Happiness Survey

"Nigeria has the highest percentage of happy people followed by Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador and Puerto Rico, while Russia, Armenia and Romania have the fewest."

Although the above BBC article is apparently seven and a half years old....

But it is interesting that in at least three of the above countries quoted here from that BBC article, the Science of Sexual Transmutation is fairly well known (Mexico, Venezuela, and maybe El Salvador and/or Puerto Rico).

Amazon.com: Samael Aun Weor

"His many works sprouted the International Gnostic Movement, a widespread and diversified collection of schools, teachers and students whose message has now spread to every continent on the planet, all under the flag raised by Samael Aun Weor.

"It is widely recognized that throughout the towns and villages of Mexico, Central and South America, even if one cannot find a post office, one can always find a Gnostic school."

edit on 25-4-2011 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Finland is least religious and one of the happiest.
Australia is the same.
Much of Africa holds religion as important, yet they are the most unhappy.

VERY interesting point!! Thank you for pointing that out as it is very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Look the religion bashing is get tiresome.

Whats the problem with that reply by Benevolent Heretic? That was a good observation and I for one found it useful and interesting. I am glad it was noted and I am sure many others will find it interesting as well.

Fragile beliefs getting ya upset or what?

edit on 25-4-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Well, maybe religion is the only thing some people have , in a world of unhappiness. Religion does not cause unhappiness, rather unhappiness causes religion , this bringing hope and empowering people to carry on and do not give up on life. Uh, sorry it depends on religion hehe.

new topics

top topics

join