It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD Chopper Shot,makes an emergency landing...EDIT:I apoligize for the laugh...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

LAPD chopper makes emergency landing after being shot

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A Los Angeles Police Department helicopter had to make an emergency landing Sunday morning after a gunman opened fire on the chopper, authorities said.The helicopter landed safely and the pilot and observer on board were not injured, said police Detective Gus Villanueva.The incident occurred in the Van Nuys area, when police got a call at around 6 a.m. local time (9 a.m . ET) of shots being fired, police said. The helicopter was responding as backup to a patrol car dispatched to the scene.The apparent shooter eventually was subdued by his family members, Villanueva said. A semi-automatic rifle was recovered, he said.
...ARTICLE

I dont know about you but after hearing all of the latest police brutality like the man being tased and the Las Vegas cop beating,then really,I feel that people are getting sick of the way that cops seem to feel they are above the law...Cops are suppose to uphold the law,not break it...lead by example? If that was the case there would be alot more violence...So I feel this to be a messege to all police officers...Its time for them to realize they work for us and not the other way around...
edit on 24-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Looks like "pop a cop day" is going to be "pop"ular!

Hopefully the "good" cops will start ousting the "bad" cops instead of closing ranks and protecting them.

What's that old saying? Oh yeah: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't necessarily appreciate police brutality but police officer or not, somebody could have been seriously hurt because of this. Thank god nobody was. What if the chopper would have went down into an occupied home or a busy street. Laughing over stuff like this is demented. Have a nice day.
edit on 24-4-2011 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
[/url]reply topost by gdaub23

Reminds me of this.
www.youtube.com...
Hopefully, as notsofunnyguy mentioned, the good cops will get rid of the bad cops. That would be better for everyone, civilians don't have to worry about being harassed by the cops and the Police can get their good name back.

edit on 24-4-2011 by brianjordan because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by brianjordan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sorry,I dont want ANYONE getting hurt,especially Police Officers. The "HEHE" at the end of the title,isnt funny. I am by far,not someone who thinks too highly of the "Gang in blue",but that line in the title is over the top.......

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

im sorry..it kinda slipped my mind about innocent people being hurt..didnt think about that..sometimes things slip the mind

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Back on track to what I believe your main point was about accountability. I wish there was a way for us ordinary citizens to get more involved in who provides our public services. Tasing 2nd graders, beating people and being above the law should not be tolerated what so ever but what do we do? How can we peacefully make a difference? That just might be the million dollar question.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty
I don't necessarily appreciate police brutality but police officer or not, somebody could have been seriously hurt because of this. Thank god nobody was. What if the chopper would have went down into an occupied home or a busy street. Laughing over stuff like this is demented. Have a nice day.
edit on 24-4-2011 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

" What if ; what if what if what if what if what if " Nothing happened and no one was injured. But " What if "

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Something did happen, bullets were fired into a manned aircraft with human beings on board.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
i think calling someone demented is a little too much. I mean yeah people could have gotten hurt but no one did as it clearly states in the post. the OP knew this because obviously he read it before posting it, as so did all that read the clip. Im sure IF the artice read, "police and innocent citizens got hurt in a shoot out on police helicopter" he wouldn't have put "hehe" in the title. besides i think the "demented" person who commited the act should be discussed, not ranting about a harmless comment/hehe made by the OP. maybe it was insesitive for him to put that on there, maybe not. It all depends on the view and sense of hunor of the reader.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am glad that I live in a place where you are still free to exercise your right to free speech. While I disagree with finding humor in the subject I LOVE to see that you are still able to say it without being locked up for it. I know that ATS is not a cheerocracy and has a different set of rules but I still I applaud them for allowing you to speak your mind on the subject. ONLY through open conversation and rational discourse can we understand each other and why we have different opinions on subjects. As for the subject of the article...

I do not understand why he would start putting holes into a police helicopter for? Was he shooting at the patrol car that was there first? It seems amazing that neither the police nor the shooter were hurt. He MUST have had a decently powerful rifle to plug the chopper in midair.

Without further information it is difficult to understand what was happening. Something caused him to start lighting up the chopper.

And back to the OP finding humor in it I think that people are fed up with a police state. TSA screeners, DHS federal agencies crawling out the wazoo. Maybe people are finally saying enough is enough. I would rather die from a terrorist attack than live unarmed in a box under 24 hour CCTV surveillance.

Live free or die trying.

edit on 25-4-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: reread the article

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don’t understand this anti police sentiment?

Too many people act like the police are ‘out to get you’. I have news for those people the police have enough criminals to deal with. They don’t need to hassle law abiding citizens to get their adrenaline fix.
But by the same brush they all want to go home at night. If you were to add up all the assaults against police, it’s not surprising they tend to cuff everyone until they sort out the details.

A playground scuffle may have provoked a 6-year-old boy to gun down a 6-year-old girl yesterday as a classroom of Michigan first-graders watched in horror.

For all you TSA bashers out there what would you do? Remember you can’t afford to be wrong that one time!
Youngest suicide bomber.

For a hot July morning the boy, who was perhaps just 13, was wearing a heavy coat – a fact which was immediately noticed by a quick thinking policemen manning the checkpoint.
The 13-year-old was shot as he approached the policemen, but before he fell to the floor, his eight-year old brother, hiding a few yards away, remotely detonated the explosive-ball-bearing studded explosives hidden beneath his coat.

A 64-year-old Palestinian grandmother blew herself up near Israeli troops

It’s easy to bash from your living room chair. Put yourself on the front lines for a couple of months then come back and tell us of the brutality. I’ll bet it was against you, not the suspects.
edit on 25-4-2011 by samkent because: Missing sentance

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a few bad apples ruin the bushel...

a few bad cops ruin the job....

a few bad Muslims ruin the religion....

NOT!!!!

Stop believing the media and think for yourself!

A few people who are idiots should not be making a bad name for everyone with that label - it doesn't even make sense. Don't think "hate", think "love" (or at least acceptance)

edit on 25-4-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join