It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video game weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
here is another hypothetical question.

say you have unlimited time and an unlimited budget to try to build a weapon based on something you saw in a video game.
what would you try to build.

i personaly would go with the bbg from area 51 or the arc gun from killzone
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would say the Rods From God would be a interesting weapon system.I forget which video game it was in but it was in Tom Clancy's Endwar.

kinetic bombardment

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
here is another hypothetical question.

say you have unlimited time and an unlimited budget to try to build a weapon based on something you saw in a video game.
what would you try to build.

i personaly would go with the bbg from area 51 or the arc gun from killzone
www.youtube.com...

I would want a sticky land mine gun, firing land mines that would stick to any surface. Firing about 25 feet out of the gun and detonating upon proximity, I don't think anything could be more fun.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'll go with the "Death Machine" from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

DEATH MACHINE

Black Ops Care Package Reward – Death Machine

February 4, 2011

The Death Machine is a Black Ops Care Package reward, that can only be obtained thru a Care Package when playing in multiplayer mode in Black Ops. The Death Machine is an automatic machine gun with a very high fire rate, and it comes packed with 499 bullets in Multiplayer mode. Once retreived from a Care Package, it will remain in your useable inventory for the remainder of that round. Once you start using it, you must use it for as long as you want to, or until all bullets are exhausted, because if you die or change weapons, the Death Machine is no longer available.

The Death Machine is very controllable with small to no recoil, and it can kill any player with just two hits, and if they’re close enough to you, it only takes one bullet to hit them.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A little more archaic, but the fully retractable hidden blade from Assassin's Creed, 2, and, Brotherhood. This would need some good research and development because the mechanical engineering in it is really interesting.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would make this...I think it would be a tough one.
Link to the 'Razorwind'
It's a throwing chakram. high tech of course.
edit on 4/24/2011 by Alexander the Great because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
bfg from doom

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
i would get the peace maker from jak 3

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think the portal gun is perhaps the most impressive fantasy tech in gun form I have seen

just considering the endless applications alone of portal technology would be truely awesome..
Hopefully this isn't about plausable invention...a portal would be quite impossible overall

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

I played doom and that was my first thought the BFG 6000 i think.
Yep with one of them it turns rooms of big bad guys into piles of goo, no aim required.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Super mario brothers fireballs.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Spinning Bird Kick!!!

Not sure if it's a weapon in the true sense, but it's cool!!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

one of my favorites

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

nasty looking weapon there

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
While not originally from a video game, and not technically just a gun as it's a space station; I'd go with the Death Star from Star Wars. Because what's better than being able to completely obliterate anything that stands in your way? Who needs a planet when your space station is so big it's mistaken for a moon! Though I'd get rid of the easy access to the reactor core.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
the gravity gun - also known as the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator
and the crossbow with hot lead pipes

edit on 25-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I'll go with the "Death Machine" from Call of Duty: Black Ops.

DEATH MACHINE

Black Ops Care Package Reward – Death Machine

February 4, 2011

The Death Machine is a Black Ops Care Package reward, that can only be obtained thru a Care Package when playing in multiplayer mode in Black Ops. The Death Machine is an automatic machine gun with a very high fire rate, and it comes packed with 499 bullets in Multiplayer mode. Once retreived from a Care Package, it will remain in your useable inventory for the remainder of that round. Once you start using it, you must use it for as long as you want to, or until all bullets are exhausted, because if you die or change weapons, the Death Machine is no longer available.

The Death Machine is very controllable with small to no recoil, and it can kill any player with just two hits, and if they’re close enough to you, it only takes one bullet to hit them.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

Isn't the machine gun from the Russian Special Forces Soldier in "Predators" something like Death Machine?

Also, don't know if it would be considered a weapon but I would love to have a set of Armor in my closet like the ones from the HALO games.

Something like this?

hubpages.com...
edit on 25-4-2011 by Tnewguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The Portal gun

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
the grinder from red faction: guerillla... with explosive disks,
seriousl spinning saw blades that explode on impact? definately b*d*ss
edit on 30/4/2011 by osirys because: i suck at spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join