It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over Ten Thousand Protest In Morocco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

CASABLANCA, Morocco (Reuters) – Thousands took to the streets of Morocco on Sunday in peaceful demonstrations to demand sweeping reforms and an end to political detention, the third day of mass protests since they began in February.

Some 10,000 people joined the protest in Casablanca, the largest city in one of the West's staunchest Arab allies. Marchers in the capital Rabat also denounced corruption and torture as well as unemployment, very high among youths.

In Rabat, several thousand people marched through poor districts with high levels of unemployment and away from the center, where the previous monthly demonstrations have been held. There was no sign of trouble.

Ive heard there have been little protests in Morocco in the past few months, but nothing huge. I guess today was when they decided to go out in large numbers.

I doubt these protests will turn into anything like in Libya,Yemen, or Bahrain. Ive always thought that it wasnt too bad in Morocco.

Time will tell to see how this plays out.
edit on 24-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, if they're only protesting one day per MONTH, nothing will really change.

Moroccan leaders: "There sure are a lot of people in the streets today."

Moroccan cronies: "Are you going to do anything about it?"

Moroccan leaders: "No, they'll be back at work tomorrow. Like good little sheep."

They must not be getting the same protest plan as the other nations in the ME and Africa. Someone at CIA must have messed up the memo.

join