It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*My Painting*-- The Seeker, a sneek peek --

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, been under the radar going at it over the last few weeks, I figure another while and it will be complete, I have quite a few things up my sleeve to make sure it is still a surprise once it is completed.

anywhooo

feel free to take a look and comment good bad ugly fun comments

and I left you at this last time....

my other workWEBSITE

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow! I love it! You are very talented indeed. I wish I could paint more than stick figures. I can't wait to see it finished. Fantastic IMO.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
predictions and prophecy.... my bad I thought it was in the member art forum----mods

edit on 24-4-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ho wow very dark, sophisticated, maybe a little too dark to my taste I love the bright color, but this naked man has finally found the right exit.

i love painting but now I prefer to sing

yours is gorgeous...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I like it but it makes me think of breasts. lol

Maybe my wife is right in her opinion that I'm a dirty ol' Man.

I can live with that.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
haha awesome replies, this is exactly what I am looking for- I am planning on ripping the lower area opened in a new way, directly contrasting all of what is up top. so its good that it is dark, its good that it reminds you of breasts haha

the pupils once they are complete will engage the viewer in a way that is hard to explain, buty I am sure it will make the top look even more intense.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
WOW. That is BADA$$. Love it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

You are Amazingly Talented! I would love to see it completed as well! Very Nice Work!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I'm only doing this because you asked for opinions, not to upset you or make a negative comment.
I think the guy's ass is a little too chunky, looks like you perhaps used a female for the model. If the intent was to create a visual metaphor for male genetalia with the ass representing the testes it works, if not it's just too wide.
Beyond this it is a visual masterpiece and unlike most paintings I have seen recently it is not a recycled version of someone elses vision, it is unique.

UPDATE- I just went to your link (probably should have done it before I posted) and you had the completed work posted, with the legs it makes sense and I was wrong in my observation. I sincerely apologize.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Trublbrwing because: New perspective

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

jk jk i really liked those eyes.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Great work!
It looks great.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i love it, i myself am an avid sketch artist i perfer darker subjects like this as well
i saw the finished product on the link and its INCREDIBLE!
i especially like how the man looking through the wall looks almost like an other eye
id prolly offer 3-6 thousand dollars for this peice. cuz of the striking creativity and sheer size
nice job-jplaysguitar

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by el1jah

I'm only doing this because you asked for opinions, not to upset you or make a negative comment.
I think the guy's ass is a little too chunky, looks like you perhaps used a female for the model. If the intent was to create a visual metaphor for male genetalia with the ass representing the testes it works, if not it's just too wide.
Beyond this it is a visual masterpiece and unlike most paintings I have seen recently it is not a recycled version of someone elses vision, it is unique.

UPDATE- I just went to your link (probably should have done it before I posted) and you had the completed work posted, with the legs it makes sense and I was wrong in my observation. I sincerely apologize.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Trublbrwing because: New perspective

Though strikingly similar I don't think it is the same exact picture, look closely and you will see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
nice, yeah its really strange how I never noticed the size of the rump, nor did I see how much the body looked like a johnson. I think it is a solid example of how we can self dilute our ability to be objective... I just did not see it until it was pointed out. So i am glad I have ats and other people to keep things like that from making it to the final cut!

Yeah I personally enjoy sketching as well, it is not in me to paint, I think it has more to do with commitment to a single piece, as well as lazyness involved with prep and clean up (which is next to nothing once your canvas is built)

but it might have to do with my own relationship with colour, back and white is simple to create drama with, tension comes almost as its second nature. but with colour, there is a certain.... intuition of how colours comply with eachother, not just complimentary rules or some of the things maybe learned in school, but the way that those colours make you feel over and above the relationship of light and shade/black.... its more in depth... existing in our emotional bodies I think. I actually mentioned to my gf last night that if I would look at where my energy centers are more activated and which chakras are less active... those would directly coorelate to the amount of colours used in my work. I am very active in my upper chakras compared to my lower ones, I find it very easy to do things like paint and conceptualize, meditate- but some basic day to day ordeals like getting out to get a coffee or making plans with a friend can be far more an anxious experience than what i guess is "normal". even convincing myself of my skill as an artist is difficult sometimes, thats why I enjoy posting my stuff it gives me a boost

now in terms of selling it, yeah I would probably aim for the 3-6 thousand, I want to do some galleries before I let the piece go of course, and make a few more pieces to complete a body of works in the same styles/subject matter.

thanks ats you are the best

top topics

join