It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive rain causes 130 schools in Korea to close - Yet rain in California had 10 TIMES more rad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

If that is the case, you are well informed!
I applaud you sir or maam.
Please tell us what you are doing or did?
Are you wearing your nbc suit about the house??
Only eating foods you had stored yourself before said incident, as well as drinking only water you had stored before?
See, there is a way to avoid all of this "NUCLEAR APOCALYPSE"!!!
But at that point, what is the sense in living?
Please live, it is so much better that way!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SonlidSnake

Funny you say that as my wife is a Special Ed teacher here in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.
But she is always speaking of how amazingly smart her students are.
In regards to everything being wrong and lawyers killing law and universities killing education Etc.
Maybe we need to elect only Special Ed students to office.
I believe some good would get done.
One of her students actually asked her, "Why didn't they just pour lead and concrete on it and bury it"?
kid is smarter than all of the engineers in Japan it seems.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
we can sit and worry, talk about the truth but what is happening will take some sort of miracle to get rid off, other than that as some have said, it's out of anyones hands ...the damage is done sadly. Earlier today I was talking to a friend about Japan and that I always wanted to visit there because I just love the culture etc.

she basically told me theres no point going there with all the radiation why that may be true I thought, I don't care, we only live once and anyway we are getting poisened by our goverments etc so why should I let that stop me? So that's how I'll carry on

Quite reckless I suppose but it's true.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

yeah, exactly...why don't they? Probably don't want to, well that not till they've got enough blood they want

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If they pour a load of anything solid like concrete into the Fukushima reactors now,they will create a bigger explosion,if all the reactor cores/rods/spent fuel pools etc have not been sufficiently cooled beforehand.

Hence the pouring of water of the last few weeks.

Its futile IMO,as they cannot get the required amount of water in to cool the radioactive material.
For the pumps relied on the massive power of the reactors themselves.
Great design fault IMO.

It will take years to even get a handle on this not months as they say.

This is earth changing.
Watch the next decade for lowering of fertility in all flora and fauna,and rising cancer rates.

IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You know, most of our fruits and vegetables come from California. I wonder what the impact of this rain will be?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have read a few reports from ATS about radiation coming to the West Coast of America and tried to find proof for or against. Measuring the radiation is not difficult - it is keeping away from the EPA/official sites to get the info.

Well here you go...Greg's Lab - this looks as though it is not affiliated to any organisation and does not seem to show anything remarkable in the last 10 days.

Apologies if this is a red herring - I think we should be able to prove this

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
"Statistically, it's very unlikely that anybody be negatively impacted by radiation at this level"

Really

Did I hear a new volunteer for some testing....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
It was raining here and I was thinking about the story the other week, not to eat the snow or drink the rainwater and I'm in Pa.
With the amount of posters here and their connections, has anyone tested the rainwater from their location?
edit on 24-4-2011 by mugger because: sp.

Take a look at it for yourself. The epa has tested, but they raised the levels that are ok some by 100's of percent some by up to 1000 percent. I know the rain in Kansas City was tested at 200............

www.epa.gov...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The fallout affected the entire globe. The effects are being handled differently in every country. That's just my guess.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Talking about nuclear radiation I came across someone that predicted the nz earthquake and japan tsunami to the exact hour and he was predicting Korea to be destroyed by a nuclear bomb, and he said he will give us the date for it next week, i dunno if this kid is a fraud or what but i did look into the supposed "predictions" he made and unless you can manipulate the timestamps of your facebook status's it appears to be genuine, whether it was just freakish luck or i honestly dont know but I just thought i would let you all know.

Link to his FB page

www.facebook.com...

i am new to ATS, but let me say the media obviously dont care about the nuclear situation on the west coast of USA compared to Korea. it makes me wonder what is in store for the next few weeks, its obviously going to get worse. May 11th will be an interesting day to look out for IMO

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have to say, it sure looks like we aren't being given the truth, and the media currently is ignoring the ongoing problem. In reality, there is little we can do about it.

I recommend canned sardines for iodine, also the best source for HDC.

Either we will adapt, or we will disappear. It seems that most of health problems from Chernobyl stayed relatively close to Chernobyl, so most of us will be good.

Maybe it will build up our immunities.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found this on the BBC website - Safe levels of Radiation.

I wanted to know what safe levels look like and stumbled across this. It is the Japanese level of radiation for 15/03 which is worrying.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And lets not forget the Korean's irrational fear of leaving their fans on whilst being in a room with windows and doors closed...I think it's just their government overreacting-nothing more.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

The fan is an urban legend, that has been spread for generations, kind of like our idea of a 13th floor in a building, kind of stupid.

I have heard both arguments of the radiation argument, the one where up to 100mSv is actually beneficial vs. The one where any whatsoever is terrible. I'm kind of one the fence because humans produce a small level of their own radiation, I know it is small, but it is still there.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

America is the only country that fluorides their water.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I wonder if the storms that have been rolling through the middle of the Country has had any radioactive rain? because if it did then I'm SOL. lol

It seems to me that California did not want to cause a panic with the issue so they didnt say anything. But in reality California is just making things worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I disagree that there is nothing we can do. Being informed, we can reduce our exposure by avoiding the rain at times and more importantly, learning the truth might lead us to finally realize the lack of responsiveness to the public by our government. Malfeasance is what I call it. They are elected and paid to do a particular job. That job is NOT to do whatever it takes to stay in power; that job is to Represent us, look out for us, with us as participants and being Informed participants. Keeping facts from us that concern our safety is actually nothing short of treason on their part. Panic? Sure, that is to be feared. The option to make rational decisions based on facts given to us so that we may sometimes take care of ourselves better when the government can't is always desirable. Maybe it means visiting relatives for a while. Maybe it means staying indoors at times. Maybe it means letting our elected officials know that we are not happy about being kept in the dark, for future reference and to avoid repercussions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
America is NOT the only country to put fluoride in the water, Most of Australia's states and territories get that crap in the water
as do a lot of other countries.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

For those of you who have a couple hundred bucks lying around... why don't you do this and im being 100% serious. There are a lot of private labs that do radiological analysis of samples (it's quite routine). You give them a sample of water, they report back with the radionuclides you have asked them to measure. I would do this, but I don't feel im in any danger here in Toronto, Canada. In any case, go get a sample of rainwater and bring it to lab and lets see what you find. Too much BS in the news, take your own initiative.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join