It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So if this is in the wrong place please point me in the correct direction. Its been a way since I paid any attention to my profile other then uploading my av. What exactly are these for? wats index?? where do I use ATS points? How exactly do you get friends? Is this something I have to approve or can anyone "friend" me?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I just realized my 60,000+ points seem to have disappeared.

What happened to the points system?

It may have been air in terms of importance but it was . . . at least somewhat interesting air . . . and something to . . . kind of work toward accumulating even just as a personal silly rabbit goal.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

In your profile: ATS Points: 65,943

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Originally posted by w810i
So if this is in the wrong place please point me in the correct direction. Its been a way since I paid any attention to my profile other then uploading my av. What exactly are these for? wats index?? where do I use ATS points? How exactly do you get friends? Is this something I have to approve or can anyone "friend" me?

Hello w810i,

The WATS index is your contribution level on ATS, it is derived from flags & stars. The person with the highest number (at this point) is DimensionalDetective with 417. You can view the page here. You can also reach it by clicking on tools+ in the nav bar, then the little greenish w all the way to the left of the dropdown menu.

From that page.

A hall of fame of the top-50 highest-flagged and often-starred contributing members on AboveTopSecret.com, displayed with a link their most-recently authored topic. Visit the threads of any one of these members (by clicking on their username) to find some of the best "alternative" content anywhere.

As for the points, they used to be used to "buy" profile upgrades. That was done-away with last year after the website was redesigned. Since they still have points, I have a suspicion that someday they will can back into play.

Friending. You can be added as a friend by anyone and you can add anyone as a friend, there is not an approval system or alert system. You just have to get into the habit of checking your profile page occasionally to see who has made you a friend. Alternatively, if someone makes you a "rival", you will get an alert, but not for "friending".

So those little numbers are as follows....
P - Posts
F - Flags
S - Stars
W - WATS
K - Karma. (calculated(?) from the number of posts you've made against the number of stars & flags you have. I think it's a quality measure (key word, think.... not sure)
--------------------
And I see that masqua has taken care of BO XIAN......

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread, I've got a couple of questions and was hesitating to start a questions thread of my own
I hope it's ok to carry on with more questions now that you've had some answers to yours.

1. Someone added me as a friend recently but they don't show up on my friends list. That's the list of people who befriended me. I befriended him back, but when I look at his friends list (people who befriended him) I don't show up on it. I only show up on the list of friends that he chose, as he only shows up on my list of friends that I chose.

2. I think this has been asked before but I can't remember the answer. Will we be getting the green strip back that showed up on our friends' posts?

3. I'm not getting alerts when I get U2Us. I got a big alert yesterday when someone accidentally foed me, but that was a good thing because I had messages from friends too that I might not have found for a few days. (I don't always remember to look).

edit on 25-4-2011 by berenike because: remembering my manners

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I must be doing something wrong or not looking in the right places.

I thought I knew how to click on profile and see the points.

Let me try again . . .

Welllllllll, DOH!

NO PROBLEM that time.

THANKS TONS.

Don't know what I was doing wrong before.

Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join