It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face on Mars discovered.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I did a massive amount of looking for over 2 hours earlier and if you look just to the west you will actually see something that resembles this quite a bit but more crude as it were. I thought it was something made, even saw an arrow to the southeast at the end of a natural formation and followed it to a giant crater. I thought to myself, what other way would i let them know where i've moved after crashing than using a natural formation to draw attention and make an arrow pointing to the location.

Don't get me wrong there could still have been something there but if there was and the crater is where they were located, well it is a crater now. If there was something there it is very likely that they were running when they crash landed and were "nuked" from orbit.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Why do people always think aliens should always look like us. Why do aliens have to have eyes, nose, ears, or limbs? Most importantly, why do humans think aliens must have a physical form. It's quite arrogant and ignorant to think so. That mountain is definitely natural, since why would aliens want to create an artificial mountain with the shape of a bald dude.

Arrogance. Think all forms of life should be created after us. We were late to the game.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by j230ns

There's an old saying in the intelligence business:

"If you look for something hard enough, you will always find it even if it isn't really there."

Out of curiousity, I don't suppose you have done a massive amount of looking for over 2 hours at land formations in remote areas on Earth, with an eye towards finding features which might not have formed naturally?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

dude you have no idea. I found all kinds of what look like structures that couldn't have possibly been made naturally. Some of them even gleamed like the inside of a geode when the sun hits it just right!

But in all seriousness; when something strikes me as interesting i look it up, look around and do research as anyone should instead of just believing what they are told. I rarely take anything at face value (lol i made funny) which is why i decided to disprove this for myself to myself. I don't really see a need to patronize over it, i merely just stated my input and it is done and over with. You got any other questions feel free to ask.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Lesson here is, always work with the highest resolution image of something you suspect as artificial.
Once the hi-res version of this scene was posted, it is most certainly a depression, a crater albeit oddly shaped, and the similarity of it being the outline of a head is lost in the obvious.

It is the same kind of illusion as those low resolution smudged out massive "Towers" that have have been posted thousands of times. Any time you smudge something vertically on a landscape that has depth, it automatically puts the smudge in the foreground, making it appear that you are looking at a huge tower, dwarfing the landscape. These "towers" have no shadows, or evidence of smudged shadows anyway, which are further clues that they are not tall standing objects. True, they were smudged to hide something in the landscape, and that is interesting enough, but not tall towers.

There are a lot of great images of anomalous objects on Mars, but I do not believe these images belong in an unexplainable catagory.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Yeah, I saw that too, the two faced rock...did you see the photo that shows how it looks in comparison to everything else around it? I wonder about the man who located this as it is actually quite small in comparison. I say it is natural and can be interpreted several ways...The ear can also be seen as some huge hole...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here's some anomalies from the Cydonian region on Mars,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

You may as well have titled this thread, "Face in the clouds discovered."

This is another example of Pareidolia, look it up.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Hey Thats amazing. The hint of shine on the head leads me to
surmise that it is made out of metal.
So human like beings lived on mars and left a footprint knowing that earthlings will sooner or later discover this

I would think that the orientation of the axis may be a vague clue or something even tho mars also rotates
about its axis and orbits around the sun.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

The statue appearing to be 'buddhist" could have some since of merit here; it was said that during the time of our 'creator' race of gods/aliens, they also had bases on Mars and it could be that the 'Martian' race is responsible for genetically engineering the Asian race (a seperate race for Africans, seperate race for Caucasians, etc.)

Thoughts?

Lol. Then the aliens had a sense of humour for shore.
But that face and slightly above and to the right look like female and male sexual organs.
The face itself could be of the anunaki.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwesomeOverload
Why do people always think aliens should always look like us. Why do aliens have to have eyes, nose, ears, or limbs? Most importantly, why do humans think aliens must have a physical form. It's quite arrogant and ignorant to think so. That mountain is definitely natural, since why would aliens want to create an artificial mountain with the shape of a bald dude.

Arrogance. Think all forms of life should be created after us. We were late to the game.

Its not so much that they look like us,

its that we look like them. Gen 1:26 "Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness"

So no arrogance there.
edit on 26-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
the chance that there is life out there is either not or somewhere between not and vast according to the drake equation (which of course gets us nowhere). Even IF there is life other than us in the universe, the chance of it being close enough they would ever be able to travel here or in our local system smaller yet. The chance that they have evolved like us who use science of the visual and observable world, minuscule.

Another species on another planet may not have had a need for eyes, ears, maybe not even scent. It is arrogant as usual to think of any species on another planet being like us, but that is the way we are isn't it? So far our signals have reached about 100+ stars which is a molecule in a grain of sand on the beach compared to the vastness of space so the chance of our planet having contacted something even by accidental means is damn near non existent. I'd like to believe, but putting it simply, in my mind at least it is impossible.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by j230ns
the chance that there is life out there is either not or somewhere between not and vast according to the drake equation (which of course gets us nowhere). Even IF there is life other than us in the universe, the chance of it being close enough they would ever be able to travel here or in our local system smaller yet. The chance that they have evolved like us who use science of the visual and observable world, minuscule.

Another species on another planet may not have had a need for eyes, ears, maybe not even scent. It is arrogant as usual to think of any species on another planet being like us, but that is the way we are isn't it? So far our signals have reached about 100+ stars which is a molecule in a grain of sand on the beach compared to the vastness of space so the chance of our planet having contacted something even by accidental means is damn near non existent. I'd like to believe, but putting it simply, in my mind at least it is impossible.

Totally arrogant.

And again, its not that we they look like us, we look like them (speaking of the humanoid-looking species that created us)...Please see my above post.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

yes and that can be very confusing,I've learned to be cautious for what I'm seeing on those photographs. Its most definitely not always what it looks like. But I always will be curious to know
So I ask you pro's to look at it!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MayorOfCydonia
Here's some anomalies from the Cydonian region on Mars,

www.orderofmelchizedek.com...

Oh please...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This looks like a photo shop entry. There are lots of interesting features and signs of life on Mars that are simply not being reported. I will post them in a new thread as soon as I am allowed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan

You may as well have titled this thread, "Face in the clouds discovered."

This is another example of Pareidolia, look it up.

Then it'd have confused me... I mean, I'm already confused... My Ma already has a face!! oO

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I like this, its a great Topic, ask Nasa about it, they soon hush up. Nasa, Never a straight answer. I believe that There are Alien structures on Mars, it may be an old but advanced peoples that either died out or left a long time ago. Still you have to wonder about Nasa distorting images they have taken, in the end we will never see their true pictures.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
A higher-resolution image is always superior to the low-resolution. On the hi-res one, I see a clearly natural feature, a crater with sandy dunes.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
A higher-resolution image is always superior to the low-resolution. On the hi-res one, I see a clearly natural feature, a crater with sandy dunes.

That's what I see as well. And for those wishing to see it (although it has been posted numerous times in the topic):

Peace

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join