It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face on Mars discovered.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
b. The Martian planet (today anyway) does not have that much of an atmosphere, so the problems that winds, rain, etc... would not affect the statue, no matter how long the time. The reason our buildings on Earth loose shape and structure after lots of years is because of our atmosphere.
Mars has strong winds, but the thin atmosphere makes it less erosive than the Earth winds.

The statue appearing to be 'buddhist" could have some since of merit here;
Then that must be the first Buddhist crater.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I believe its fake but a natural formation? seriously?
i'll be damned if it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
thats exciting, how many faces have been found on mars altogether? interesting in its regard, many of these faces look historical, a match to our own history.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Exactly!!'

You are correct about Mars winds are less erosive, and that's why I asked them to explain why they thought it'd be eroded by now.

You are right about the Buddhist statement. Because I believe in the Ancient Alien Theory, I do believe that humankind was genetically engineered and that there was more than one race of extraterrestrial scientists doing so, with their DNA.

They all used the primate, plus their unique DNA....

(Another story for another day)

But yes, that is exactly what I thought when I 1st saw the picture (if its real) that this is a glimpse of the race that resembles Buddhists.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by molecularstranding
Did a search on ATS and found that other 'faces' have been found but this one is pretty clear in what it is and was just recently discovered.

______beforeitsnews/story/584/107/Incredible_New_Face_On_
______beforeitsnews/story/584/107/Incredible_New_Face_On_

Went to Latitude 33°12'29.82"N, Longitude 12°55'51.21"W on google earth and sure enough its there.

Would be odd if this were formed by nature doing its job, also would be odd if this was created in some other manner.
edit on 24-4-2011 by molecularstranding because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by molecularstranding because: (no reason given)

amazing! i thought it was a joke after i clicked the link, because it looks so much like a face. kinda reminds me of an oldschool cartoon. if this isn't a natural formation, then i would have to say our martian neighbors have a sense of humor for sure. like, why would they make a face like this?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
People see what they want to see

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
But yes, that is exactly what I thought when I 1st saw the picture (if its real) that this is a glimpse of the race that resembles Buddhists.
It's real, but low resolution.

Just in case you didn't see it on page 4, this is what it looks like at a higher resolution.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ah yes, I recognize this face.

What you have here is a representation of the Roman Emperor Titus, who ruled Rome 79 AD - 81 AD:

www.wildwinds.com...

Humm, wonder how he got on Mars???

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by little_green_man

Let me ask you why you think it is natural? why would any civilization build something like this? why would civilizations build megalithic structures?

Let me ask you this though! why were these two things built? do you think they were natural?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcc4e9ec6b40.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec1451eb7f34.jpg[/atsimg]

why was stonehenge made? it obviously isn't something that happened naturally.

do I even need to ask why Mount Rushmore was made? we should all know that by now.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hmm, another face?

I see a lot of faces on the last pictures.

But I don't think they are faces!

edit on 4/25/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2011 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Go to this nasa website and when you see the image to the right put in in full screen, and zoom in basically all the way in the upper left corner, at which you will see this "head" in a very good detail. Its interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

You know I did a lot of photo analyzing on the mars surface pictures both from NASA and ESA And always saw something that remind me of the earth forms that I know that existed here on earth.

But is it just our imagination and does these forms that looks like something from earth really be man or alien made or is just coincidence?

Like I found this on ESA imagery stack it looks like a building or saucer shaped object, but is it real or just formed by coincident I'm no geographical pro, but I only pick out the forms that looks like something well-known to me?

ESA

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Why? What about the actual high-resolution image, now posted on every page for the last several pages, which clearly looks nothing like the low-res version or a head, looks like a head to you?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f09f2fa0f25d.png[/atsimg]

I have to be honest. This photo looks more photo shopped than the original.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Im very glad you posted that pic!

Things look different in low resolution/quality images, and on top of that people see faces everywhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinkb
People see what they want to see

Is that why it looks like a Pony to me?

Darn.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
it's dumbo

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

If any of these was photoshopped you wouldn't notice.

Some years ago I did a test with two photos, one was digitally altered, the other was not, and most people thought that the unaltered photo was the one that was altered. People that pointed the altered photo as being the one that was altered pointed to things I didn't change as proof that it was altered.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

That looks like some of what they call "inverted topography", even at a higher resolution.

Mars Express - Source

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (Context Camera) - Source

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Definitely not a natural structure, if you ask me. The placement of the ear is perfects. Clear cranium and jaw structure, with perfectly placed eyes. It's so good in fact that I too question how something so old could remain so perfectly in tact.

I have a feeling that it was an easter bunny placed there by a programmer who worked on google earth. In other words somebody who worked at google earth slipped it in there as a sort of practical joke. The image of mars is made by stitching together thousands upon thousands of individual photos of the surface. There is no way they could higher enough people to check each and every one and insure that there were no errors, or "easter bunny's" as they are called. It would take a thousand people hundreds of man hours. I'm pretty sure they have a piece of software do the actual stitching, with the programmers just inventing a method of filing the database that such software would draw from. It would be quite easy for one of them to put something like this in and have it go un-noticed... until now.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join