It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face on Mars discovered.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

i vote natural formtion myself,and yeah,if it is alian made,what are them ears all about ehhh!!!!?????
is that how they view us humans

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Natural or not, still fascinating

By the way have these hearts of mars been debunked or anything? Those are more interesting to me..

edit on 25-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No, it's a formation on Mars, in the Cydonia region.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

Actually i think the fact when it was discovered a few years ago a mars "queen" face was discovered also along with a set of pyrimds identitcal to the ones in ghiza are abit of a give away that its not a natural nature formation. thans for the information though.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Pareidolia, caused by a natural formation.

There are places like that on Earth you can find on Google Earth, that clearly shows half a human face... rare occurrence, but not artificial. What would be a case for concern is a full face, like the older Mars Face (along with its surrounding pyramids), that is still pretty much of an unsolved mystery. It's many times more difficult for natural forces to "carve" an evenly proportioned full face than a half-face, which is a often a result of erosion.

Not everything strange is artificial, just as not everything wicked is a conspiracy.

Furthermore that Italian guy seems very interested in showing his own gritty face, as much as this "face" on Mars!

edit on 25/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

No -- the OP's "face" was on Mars. I was imply pointing out that natural formations can look to us like faces. The human mind, for some reason, always attempts to perceive faces and other familiar things in what otherwise be a meaningless pattern (shapes in clouds, the face in the moon, etc.)

The OP's picture did look like a face, but as ArMaP pointed out, the "face" is actually a crater (or a combination of craters)
edit on 4/25/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
nice photo shop

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajniss
nice photo shop

It isn't photoshop -- but it most likely isn't a intelligently-created sculpture, either, as ArMaP's post pointed out (it's a depression/crater):

Originally posted by ArMaP
As usual, a better photo shows that it's not what it looked like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f09f2fa0f25d.png[/atsimg]
Source (it's at the top left of the image)

Sorry.

edit on 4/25/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Face perception" is the process by which the brain and mind understand and interpret the face, particularly the human face.
The human face's proportions and expressions are important to identify origin, emotional tendencies, health qualities, and some social information. From birth, faces are important in the individual's social interaction. Face perceptions are very complex as the face expressions involve vast involvement of areas in the brain. Sometimes, damaged parts of the brain can cause specific impairments in understanding faces or prosopagnosia.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I would say a crater on another planet resembling a human head IS a BIG COINCIDENCE.

Otherwise we would see lots of head shaped craters. designed or not, it is a marvel and very coincidental.

unless you have some "head shaped crater statistics" I should look into

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If this is yet another face/head on Mars that is a "natural formation" then Mars sure has a heck of a lot of "natural formations" that just happen to look like faces/heads.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Here's the other face on Mars:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98ad88e44e0f.png[/atsimg]

And here's one from the moon:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e18775d83f9.jpg[/atsimg]

Not sure what the Google Earth coordinates are for either of them

I would like to contribute a face that resemles the mars face that was found in antarctica in 2009.
Below is a link to the article and photo.
If we can find any more information about it, it would be wonderful.

weeklyworldnews.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont know...looks cool thats for sure, im 50/50 on man made and natural formation. Would be cool though if it was real though

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Looks like Curly from the 3 Stooges.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
I would like to contribute a face that resemles the mars face that was found in antarctica in 2009.

weeklyworldnews.com...

I hope this is a joke. Your link is the Weekly World News, and these use BAT BOY as part of their logo. Nuff said.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its a real bust, human sculpture. Now with the jumpgates for decades, one should ask, is it history long ago, or corporate ego mania in modern times?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

That second photo of the head is definately just natural formation.... nothing spectacular about it except it would have been a great art piece had it been sculpted by someone (but it isn't).... the first one of the form which looks Eygptian is more believable though..... but more than likely a natural formation too

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Originally posted by mikepopy

weeklyworldnews.com...

I hope this is a joke. Your link is the Weekly World News, and these use BAT BOY as part of their logo. Nuff said.

Im not saying if its a joke or not.
I dont even know if the weekly world news is legit.
I only read it a long time ago and didnt know what to believe, so I brought it here to the thread so I/we could take a look at it.
Nothing more than that.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by ajniss
nice photo shop

It isn't photoshop -- but it most likely isn't a intelligently-created sculpture, either, as ArMaP's post pointed out (it's a depression/crater):

Originally posted by ArMaP
As usual, a better photo shows that it's not what it looked like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f09f2fa0f25d.png[/atsimg]
Source (it's at the top left of the image)

Is there any way to get elevation data from Google? From the shadows it looks like a Raised area to me, not a depression.

Given that Mars is now believed to have large amounts of water covered by and or mixed with other surface materials (permafrost), meteor impacts which would lead to the melting of and subsequent re-freezing of those materials would likely lead to many interesting formations.

edit on 25-4-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
1) We see what we want to see.

2) Human eye is always looking for facial shapes in everything from a finger to a fork.

3) Why would a race build huge face monuments like this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join