It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Has Issued 40 Arrest Warrants For Anonymous Members

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

That's too bad! You should have bought an Xbox 360 in the first place. No problems at all

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Makes me wonder what would draw more attention – a computer game community being hacked or possession of a computer virus implicated in the Japanese catastrophe. Any thoughts?

I think anonymous hacked some sort of government entity or Israeli faction, wherever the virus was originally, and put it up on the internet for everybody to mess with and see, or at least there were some stories here on ATS and elsewhere about that some months ago such as in your link.

So if anything if this is related to the nuclear disaster in japan through that virus, then it would be an attempt of a crack down on anonymous, or an attempt to place the blame on them if it came down to it. I don't think if somebody actually hacked and installed a virus into a nuclear plant that they would talk about it on the internet, if anything they would want to keep it hush hush and make it seem that it was all just natural, and nature that caused all the problems involved in the Japanese nuclear plant's disaster.

But who knows, we will see if this whole thing picks up and were it goes. Because if there is any sort of correlation to that story and theory, it definitely is way more important then the psn network being down for some time. And really attacking the psn network is pretty stupid if it was anon, the ps3 is one of the most user friendly systems out there, why attack it? It most likely is just Sony updating some things so there network is not so accessible by hackers, but who knows eh, this whole anon attacking the psn and Sony story makes little sense.
edit on 26-4-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Well Irans nuclear plant does have a new virus attack and now its named STAR. The strange part about that is anitvirus companies and even microsoft knew of STUXnet for about a year and did nothing. But then a Russian antivirus company came in and stopped it and it became news. That company Kaspersky Lab the son of the owner was kidnapped for a few days and was just recently released. Then the annoucement of STAR virus was released. So was that a hacker who had his minnions kidnap a person in Russia to protect his hacking or does that sound more like nations?
STAR virus.
www.eweek.com...
Kaspersky kidnapping.
www.thetechherald.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon102

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by mayabong
Dont mess with gamers they get pissed.

No, they don't. They get even.

Sounds like that's the only thing 'gamers' give a damn.

Current events, riots, economy, war ... who cares! As long as I gots meh gamez with da shiny graphics is all good!

What? U MAD BRO?

/sarcasm

Ranting aside, I hope anonymous keeps fighting the good fight. But even then I can't help but wonder, what are they trying to gain from there actions.

No doubt.

Couldnt agree more.

"The world? who cares about the world, just give me my TV and video games, and the world is fine!"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchFreak

Naw PS3 has the better exclusives! and a bunch of other things the 360 lacks but thats a whole different conversation lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Haha Xbox has Facebook, espn, and Netflix on it. Haha that's why I got it. I had a ps3 but it was a POS.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ResearchFreak

Ummm PS3 has all those things too and are getting google chrome I think also lol..... Don't forget about the blu ray player!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well Irans nuclear plant does have a new virus attack and now its named STAR. The strange part about that is anitvirus companies and even microsoft knew of STUXnet for about a year and did nothing. But then a Russian antivirus company came in and stopped it and it became news. That company Kaspersky Lab the son of the owner was kidnapped for a few days and was just recently released. Then the annoucement of STAR virus was released. So was that a hacker who had his minnions kidnap a person in Russia to protect his hacking or does that sound more like nations? STAR virus.

Who knows. But one thing is for sure hackers cant afford minions to go to Russia and kidnap people. If it is anything it might have to do with nations and governments, of which since now a days were all getting technological and stuff, then hackers would be part of governments and corporations so they would be the minions, not the ones who have minions.

And the whole kidnapping thing could of just been exactly that, and nothing more then a kidnapings of a wealthy persons son for money, in this case €3 million Euros. But apparently he got his son back, though it does not say for sure if he payed the ransom or if it was resolved in another way. But if he could afford to pay that much, then virus making and virus protection in general and on nuclear plants is definitely something were lots of money is involved. And were there is lots of money involved, and nations, as well as corporations, and as well as ideology's and groups coveting power, well things have a habit of going to extremes.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I think when they rock the boat enough or piss in the wrong persons corn flakes they

Will find out they aren't so Anonymous

Anytime they use their LOIC tool to DDoS a site, it has to broadcast their IP address to the target site. So all those people are just giving the target all the info needed to find them. Not a single member of that group is anonymous lol

I've spent time with some members and these guys were damn near clueless about computers and hacking. They didn't know much at all. They both had laptops with them. One was running Windows Vista and when I asked why he hadn't upgraded to Windows 7, he went into a mini rant about how slow 7 is and how much more secure Vista was. It took everything I had not to laugh. The other was running a Linux distro called Mint and I had a box full of Ubuntu 10.04 dvd's and went to give him one to try and he said "What's Ubuntu?". I was speechless.

That's what anonymous is mostly made of. A bunch of wannabe hackers and skiddies (script kiddies) who don't really know what they're doing, along with a bunch of immature teens who whine when they don't get their way. They become members just so they can get a stupid Guy Fawkes mask and go around wearing it and bragging that they're elite hackers fighting for our freedom and rights. That they're revolutionaries like he was. They don't even realize exactly who Guy Fawkes was. The man was trying to install an evil theocracy by destroying parliament. He was exactly what they claim to fight against LMAO.

Now they attack Sony and hurt the very gamers they said they were defending by shutting down the Playstation Network. Millions are currently unable to access it. They're ignorant and never think their attacks through at all. They just throw tantrums and start attacking. Never sit and think things through.

Sorry for the small rant, but Anonymous is one group I despise. These aren't real hackers. A true hacker would have nothing to do with this group and see it for the joke it really is. It's also nowhere near as huge as they'd like the world to believe.

They did one good thing. They outed Scientology for the brainwashing joke of a cult that it is. After that, they got taken over by a bunch of immature kids with way too much time on their hands.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If we would all stand up and fight as One...

..None of us would need Anonymity.

I suppose I'm just a dreamer.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
its time we all go rent (download, sh...) the movie "hackers" from 1995.

if nothing else, angelina jolie is in it.

but more importantly, it may or may not be EXACTLY what is going on here... minus the silly gimmicks and graphics of what people thought cyberspace "looked" like back in the mid 90's.

i can't say enough about the relevance of this film, created some 16 years ago, to what may be going on here. in particular, the scene where the antagonist articulates his scheme. i quote, from the movie.

"i had to move fast, the hacker copied my garbage file. i created mr. da vinci (the virus, you connect the dots here) so we could call in the secret service, so they'd arrest the hacker, seize his equipment, things we can't do on our own."

"but you've created a virus, that's gonna cause a worldwide ecological disaster, just to arrest some hacker kid?"

"basically, yeah. uh huh."

"jesus, you know you're sick, eugene"

if you can manage to watch the movie, do. it might educate you on what's going on here, from my perspective.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
go anons! lol i agree with what theyre doing to a certain extent and theyre right someone has to do something about the injustices of not only governments but multinational corporations

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere
If we would all stand up and fight as One...

..None of us would need Anonymity.

I suppose I'm just a dreamer.

yes you are lol because were so divided i doubt it would happen but god will return so its ok lol

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhawk724
its time we all go rent (download, sh...) the movie "hackers" from 1995.

if nothing else, angelina jolie is in it.

but more importantly, it may or may not be EXACTLY what is going on here... minus the silly gimmicks and graphics of what people thought cyberspace "looked" like back in the mid 90's.

i can't say enough about the relevance of this film, created some 16 years ago, to what may be going on here. in particular, the scene where the antagonist articulates his scheme. i quote, from the movie.

"i had to move fast, the hacker copied my garbage file. i created mr. da vinci (the virus, you connect the dots here) so we could call in the secret service, so they'd arrest the hacker, seize his equipment, things we can't do on our own."

"but you've created a virus, that's gonna cause a worldwide ecological disaster, just to arrest some hacker kid?"

"basically, yeah. uh huh."

"jesus, you know you're sick, eugene"

if you can manage to watch the movie, do. it might educate you on what's going on here, from my perspective.

hm interesting im going to have to check that out lol thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Anytime they use their LOIC tool to DDoS a site, it has to broadcast their IP address to the target site. So all those people are just giving the target all the info needed to find them. Not a single member of that group is anonymous lol
speechless.

Do some research. It will help you from making misinformed statements like this.
edit on 26-4-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

To explain some little things to you

there is different levels in our system

Some are the cannon fodders (LOIC users) they do their job pretty well

And some are acting in background, to clear the way by actualy breaking inside secured servers to plant our mines (its a view of the mind)

Concerning your ideal of the "white knight" (or should i say white hat ?) hacker, i think i you live in a dreamland.

Yes , we are "hackers", hackivists, call whatever name you like, but the majorty of us actualy know as professionals , the network.

Anyways, to all of you thinking the FBI can stop us, i only have to say : even if they stop one or 9000 of us, they cant stop all of us.

PS: i personaly use a PCs for gaming, consoles are...meh.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon102

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by mayabong
Dont mess with gamers they get pissed.

No, they don't. They get even.

Sounds like that's the only thing 'gamers' give a damn.

Current events, riots, economy, war ... who cares! As long as I gots meh gamez with da shiny graphics is all good!

What? U MAD BRO?

/sarcasm

Ranting aside, I hope anonymous keeps fighting the good fight. But even then I can't help but wonder, what are they trying to gain from there actions.

How do you know they're "fighting the good fight" if you don't even know what they're trying to gain from their actions?

Hackers are nothing more than a nuisance, a bunch of social misfits who get their kicks disrupting the services of people they don't even know.

Yeah, "fighting the good fight"...smh.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by mwood

I think when they rock the boat enough or piss in the wrong persons corn flakes they

Will find out they aren't so Anonymous

I've spent time with some members and these guys were damn near clueless about computers and hacking. They didn't know much at all. They both had laptops with them. One was running Windows Vista and when I asked why he hadn't upgraded to Windows 7, he went into a mini rant about how slow 7 is and how much more secure Vista was. It took everything I had not to laugh. The other was running a Linux distro called Mint and I had a box full of Ubuntu 10.04 dvd's and went to give him one to try and he said "What's Ubuntu?". I was speechless.

That's what anonymous is mostly made of. A bunch of wannabe hackers and skiddies (script kiddies) who don't really know what they're doing, along with a bunch of immature teens who whine when they don't get their way. They become members just so they can get a stupid Guy Fawkes mask and go around wearing it and bragging that they're elite hackers fighting for our freedom and rights. That they're revolutionaries like he was. They don't even realize exactly who Guy Fawkes was. The man was trying to install an evil theocracy by destroying parliament. He was exactly what they claim to fight against LMAO.

Now they attack Sony and hurt the very gamers they said they were defending by shutting down the Playstation Network. Millions are currently unable to access it. They're ignorant and never think their attacks through at all. They just throw tantrums and start attacking. Never sit and think things through.

Sorry for the small rant, but Anonymous is one group I despise. These aren't real hackers. A true hacker would have nothing to do with this group and see it for the joke it really is. It's also nowhere near as huge as they'd like the world to believe.

They did one good thing. They outed Scientology for the brainwashing joke of a cult that it is. After that, they got taken over by a bunch of immature kids with way too much time on their hands.

Exactly! Tell us why the public is so dangerous and the elite are fit to manage us unknowing vandals/cattle.

Watch out the general public might damage society further.

/*sarcasm off

Do you really think if the government was being attacked by a bunch of amatuer hackers/scripters then they would be dead,imprisoned,suicided by now? Assenge(CIA proxy) just keeps on living and anon(CIA proxy) doing thier scripted attacks on key infrastructures.

Yeah thats it. ANON IS THE GOVERNMENT!

Wake up this is more false flag. Problem reaction solution.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

you can kiss your internet goodbye if hackers didn't do their jobs.

i can't believe ppl who would call hackers a nuisance yet know nothing about the word itself

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Just sit outside of a neighbor you don't like and don't use any proxies! LOL

But seriously, it really is not that hard to be untraceable on the net if you put forth a little brain power and effort.

I am an avid Black Ops player online and I am not bitching about it.

It's funny to hear a bunch of people whine they can't play their games online is funny.
WAH get over it. Go outside. Take a walk. Spring is here and the trees are starting to bud over here in PA. So get over the PSN being down, get out of Mom/Dad's basement and get some fresh air.

Now all we need is Facebook shut down...Oh man, could you imagine how angry people would get if they could not post their worthless updates no one gives a hoot about.

Originally posted by grey580
It's a cat and mouse game.

How do you stop someone that doesn't want to be found online and really has the means to hide their tracks?

If I wanted to obfuscate my tracks. I'd use a laptop and use not the native OS but a linux startup disk loaded with utilities that I would need and just run the OS in memory.

Load up a bunch of proxies and then go to a mcdonalds or a denny's and use their wireless.

I would definately use something out of either china or russia for my proxy.

How would you get caught? It would take some luck on the part of the FBI to catch you.

I agree with this part about facebook.
HACK FACEBOOK.
I want to see how many worthless souls whine about it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join