It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Has Issued 40 Arrest Warrants For Anonymous Members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

I guess all I can say is do not be or join Anonymous. But I would like to see some justice for the people that have experienced problems with the Anonymous group attacking Sony.

This is actually pretty ridiculous, why must people destroy what others have earned? I think I know the answer.. Is it because these people will never have what other people have? or is it because of selfishness in itself.

I dont understand why people like to wreak havoc on what other people have worked for and earned.

Its pretty sad that people go that low, they will be caught, and if it isnt in this life then they will face it after death.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchFreak

if you had only lived up to your name and had done a freaking research you wouldn't have responded this way...

look at the other replies in this thread and you will see...

Anonymous did not attack PSN this time

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

You know, I'm not against what Anonymous stands for, but I really don't have much patience for comments like yours. I feel like maybe you should get down to our level and realize that we are all here for the same reason. We all want to know the truth. That's the whole point isn't it? I admire those who use Anonymous as an outlet to seek out other activists and spread awareness, but i have to wonder about people like you who post comments like this for no other reason than to show how much "better" you are than ATS because you know more about wikileaks, and the like. Just my thoughts.
I am very much down for healthy debate, so please enlighten me if you like.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I told you Sony was hacked. Some just cannot see the forest through the trees.

Sony hacked

Rebug

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I couldn't help but laugh when I was watching the video news interview from the OP...

Anyone notice how the Anonymous interviewee "lost" connection for a few seconds ?

How much do you want to make a bet his system gave him a red flag indicating that trackers were trying to locate his ip address, so he disconnected and then reconnected filtering through new ip's and computers globally to make them lose their scent ?

Too funny.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think that the law has figured out what many here haven't yet. Anon is an organized group, with personnel specializing in the many arts of cyberspace, with an heirarchy of power. Then there are the wannabes who run rogue while using the name. Anonymous. Yes it could mean anyone, it could mean everyone, or it could be a name created with the thinking of the group in mind.

Can you call yourself an individual you're all using the same name, the same logo, and claim to follow the same guidlines. Also, people tend to be selfish and sorta greedy by nature. I'm sure if some random person claiming to be Anonymous made a facebook page/twitter account/ posted youtube videos, the real people claiming the name would quickly work their magic to make it dissapear. And with Anon being as popular as it is, there should be MANY MANY copy cat engines/groups/webpages for them. Its the case for everything else thats popular, right?

Alot of people think that Anon is thousands of lone hackers somehow, without knowing each other and without coordination, simultaneously attack certain targets with a set goal in mind.

I think that the thought that Anon could be anyone and everyone has worked splendidly to their advantage. Kinda hard to spot foxes in a pack of dogs.. when you think that they're all foxes.

Also, just to add to the conversation a bit more. I hope these guys are caught. Their acts behind the veil of anonimity is going to take away the right/priveledge for ANY of us to be anonymous online. Good bye freedoms of the internet.

* Please take this as my view on this, not as fact. I'm not claiming it to be fact, but in my view this seems to be the case.*
edit on 25-4-2011 by Santh because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by Santh because: I am horrible at typing today. Must remember to proof read, someone remind me!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Santh

Thank you for this. It's a different perspective and definitely something to think about....

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Santh

one word AnonOps (IRC network.)

sadly people never understood that...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Santh

Excellent point of view. I must say I completely agree with what you stated and couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
#opsony 105 users [+ntrMCT] Connect more info...

#Opsony is over. Mission accomplished. #OpSony is not responsible for the current downtime of PSN. Whatever problems Sony have, they are nothing whatsoever to do with us. kthxbai.
DON'T ASK US IF THE PSN IS UP, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

Yes you are correct but they have in the past! And I am talking about the past because there are people that are still recovering from when anonymous attacked Sony.

And these people that are being attacked now are going to be recovering for a long time.

Like I said before. Why do people always have to destroy what others have worked for and earned.
edit on 25-4-2011 by ResearchFreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Its kinda funny how ANON isnt a group, and anyone can be Anon... yet Anon can deny that Anon did anything.. (if that makes sense to anyone).

Maybe the Anon that posted that was talking about himself? That'd be kinda funny.

Thnaks for that bit of info from them.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Santh

Exactly...
People on here seem to know what anon does and doesn't do. I thought anon was anyone, could be anyone? You do not know if anon hacked sony or not. Anon is anonymous right?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by mayabong
Dont mess with gamers they get pissed.

No, they don't. They get even.

Sounds like that's the only thing 'gamers' give a damn.

Current events, riots, economy, war ... who cares! As long as I gots meh gamez with da shiny graphics is all good!

What? U MAD BRO?

/sarcasm

Ranting aside, I hope anonymous keeps fighting the good fight. But even then I can't help but wonder, what are they trying to gain from there actions.

wrong assumption, i game, i give an damn about what is going of in the world.

the problem is you cannot expect people to do anything 24 hours a day, i am not going to sit there worry about the economy, police state or what ever else 24 hours a day, it would not be good for my health.
i am pretty certain you don't sit there worrying 24/7 and have things you can do to take you mind of it or have a time out.

my time out is spending time with my family and yes sorry to say it often have a 3 hour stint gaming, even if i am not playing online, certain games give benefits to being logged in or provide additional features, so i am not happy about not being able to log in aswell.

the only reason i tolerate it is because i know people are standing up for what they consider injustice, i wish it did'nt effect me, but it does.

but your assumption of gamers is wrong, right in some cases i reckon but not all.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Obviously he is a book nerd and not a true gamer like most of us. No harm meant.

If he was a true gamer he wouldn't have said what he did. Can I also ask why gamers are being attacked now? Or why they have been targeted in the past?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchFreak
reply to post by lifeform11

Can I also ask why gamers are being attacked now? Or why they have been targeted in the past?

The not the gamers, Sony. I can gurantee you that 99.9% of everyone claiming the Anon title is a gamer. It just comes with the turf. *ok... its an estimate based on my experience with techies.. Don't beat me up please*

Anon's revenge were for the actions that Sony took against hackers who dug too deep into Sony's creations. I'm not 100% on the specifics, but I know that they involved glitch/bug exploitation, and promotion (and guides) on doing things with the PS3 systems and PSN network that Sony wasn't too fond of.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

edit on 26-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

I think when they rock the boat enough or piss in the wrong persons corn flakes they

Will find out they aren't so Anonymous

If they actually think they are "anonymous", they are pretty arrogant..or ignorant..either fits.
There is no such thin as total anonymity on the Internet. If there was, they wouldn't allow us access to it so easily and readily.
Do you really think that they cant track these people down, or don't already know who the core group of them is?

Chances are those who have been or are about to be arrested will be given deals. They give up the rest, and they can go work for the FBI doing what they got arrested for.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i mean seriously you guys... Ohhh Emmm Geee!

"What’s more, the company is demanding that a federal judge order Google to surrender the IP addresses and other identifying information (.pdf) of those who have viewed or commented about the jailbreak video on a private YouTube page" - quoted from www.wired.com...

So, now it's ok that some poor shmucks out there have to feel threatened because they may have commented on or god forbid only even watched some... YouTube video?

The answer is no, it's not ok, and this company can suck it. To hell with their little network, if you want to go around terrorizing for the most part, innocent people, then you should suck it... hard. Sorry if some gamers somewhere couldn't beat on some noob over the weekend. Boo hoo.

Sorry but if someday it turns out "anon" is behind the demise of sony, i will only have big high 5's for them.

Besides, everyone knows...... real gamers play on PC. Hell yeah, i went there.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
So I just bought Socom 4 and Mortal Kombat can't go online for 3 days now, and for what cause this douchebag gets mad that people can't hack systems and play pirated games Waaawaaaa.... Way to piss off millions of gamers, I had to log on and post cause this whole situation has me raging..... Hackers are the biggest scum of the earth IMHO all they know how to do is ruin other peoples fun....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join