It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Has Issued 40 Arrest Warrants For Anonymous Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That virus is so complicated I doubt just having it really means much at all.

Anonymous says they didn't hack Sony.
anonops.blogspot.com...

From Twitter:

anonops AnonOps We didn't do it; #Sony incompetent >> anonops.blogspot.com... #anonops #anonymous

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Ranting aside, I hope anonymous keeps fighting the good fight. But even then I can't help but wonder, what are they trying to gain from there actions.

I would presume that most have no clearly defined agenda, other than it is what they can do or what they feel able to. Stops them feeling impotent, much the same as posting on ATS does for some on here, I suppose.

By the way, I like your signature, I'm reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer to my son at the moment, it is one of my childhood favourites. I may have read it 10 times as a child, probably more, but reading it now, some twenty more years of learning and experience under my belt, I am deeply impressed by Twain's understanding of the human animal. He had a most perceptive mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why blame ANON for having the Virus if their statement is true?

Ppl should be blaming the US/Israelis for creating it in the first place!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
going after gamers and attacking a free service is stupid and pointless. 99.9% of gamers were probably on the hackers side. but pissing off over a million psn users was the biggest mistake these idiots ever made.

no wonder they are denying any and all involvement.

not to mention that sony is the biggest electronics manufacturer in the world with billions and billions in revenue.

they should of atleast attacked microsoft. since xbox live is pay service their community would have been reimbursed and the outrage wouldn't have been so strong.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
To be honest, I didn't know anything about Anonymous until I stumbled across ATS. I have a PS3, and I have been pretty annoyed that I couldn't dominate some fools in FIFA the past couple of days....

But in all seriousness, I have a nagging feeling that the threat of hackers are the only thing standing between us and the end of modern society as we know it. There are a lot of damning documents being exchaged out there. Sometimes you just need to have faith that those with power will act in your best interests, and I can only hope that Anonymous will continue to grow and eventually bring the establishment to its knees.

Patriots.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Maybe good . The vid may be two months old but it takes time to put a cases together . They attacked companies that wouldn't fund Wikileaks , that do employ thousands of people which is strong arm extortion . They hacked millions of customer identities and credit card information that are supposed to be as private as health care records . Identity theft is rampant and often costs innocent people everything they have . This isn't a peaceful form of protest , this is like the Mafia run riot except that the Mafia isn't as stupid in their criminal behavior as these idiots . As far as the legions of them , we'll see how many legions are left around when even half of the 40 get 5 years in prison . Hacking the personal private information of innocent people is malicious by even intent . They could have put up a legal website to solicit donations to Wikileaks and judging by the support just here , they could have raised a fortune instead of costing these companies a fortune in security upgrades and millions of customers sleepless nights wonder if someone has their personal ID , financial history along with credit cards numbers prepared to strike . There is no such thing as totally annonymous on the Internet and Moms basement provides little protection either . Just criminals in the shadows but the spotlight just got turn on 40 of them and the warrants don't come in the mail so the hard drives are in custody . Hacking and attacking a despot tyrant with his foot on the throat of the people is good . Strike a blow for freedom . Stealing identities and credit card numbers of innocent people on computer files is just criminal . No more , no statement made . When half or hopefully more of these criminals get sentenced to prison there seems to be a good pool of volunteers right here to take their place and share a cell .

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
They hacked millions of customer identities and credit card information that are supposed to be as private as health care records .

and where did you get this piece of information? Anonymous did not hack millions of customers and get their credit card info... hell even I would turn them in if they did this

As far as the legions of them , we'll see how many legions are left around when even half of the 40 get 5 years in prison .

those were search warrants and those 40 as far as i know got their computers seized by the police, we still don't know if the police would ever find anything illegal in those computers

Hacking the personal private information of innocent people is malicious by even intent .

I agree

They could have put up a legal website to solicit donations to Wikileaks and judging by the support just here , they could have raised a fortune instead of costing these companies a fortune in security upgrades and millions of customers sleepless nights wonder if someone has their personal ID , financial history along with credit cards numbers prepared to strike .

the point was not to create money but to send a message that information should never be censored...

There is no such thing as totally annonymous on the Internet and Moms basement provides little protection either . Just criminals in the shadows but the spotlight just got turn on 40 of them and the warrants don't come in the mail so the hard drives are in custody .

oh the common stereotyping of an Anonymous hater... "mom's basement" and "no such thing as totally anonymous on the internet" has been used too much IMO... and btw some of them create their own VPN's

When half or hopefully more of these criminals get sentenced to prison there seems to be a good pool of volunteers right here to take their place and share a cell .

again the common thing happens here... is this some sort of "scare tactic" being used against Anonymous?

it clearly isn't working, i had one guy threaten to hack me and tell my name to the FBI because he thought i was anonymous through FB (FB really?). shortly after he said that my name would be dropped to the FBI he said that he is now blocking me and doesn't want to associate with me any further... how sad since I was having a blast talking to him

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

saying 99.9% of the gamers are probably with hackers is uhm well it's duh...

then later on calling Anonymous "idiot" hardly helps your argument.

then stating that they should attack XBL because microsoft asks gamers to pay for their services is just plain stupid... do you even know why they attacked Sony in the first place? Google is friendly you know, he won't bitch slap you if you asked him idiotic questions

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Please gamer's get a grip.Sony is using Anon as an excuse for downtime a looooooong overdue downtime.I ask you,if 1st and 2nd party games use dedicated servers why all the lag?Things have been amiss with psn from day one, thank you anon for helping psn decide to finally fix their broken product.This thread's source is blatantly lying by the way.It should be in the hoax bin.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I think we all know George Bush was trying to get free PSN codes and Sony found out.Why did you do it Bush
WHY??

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Chick on the news is hot lol

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oh really, they're coming to arrest us ?

How hilarious

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

Sounds like you're doing a great job as a parent then!
The last thing this world needs is another "derpity derp drrrrrr" sheep
Kudos to you for taking the time and having the patience to actually care about your child enough to have such a complicated and difficult discussion. Very admirable and I applaud you for that! =D

Peace and L

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It goes along with the whole argument about Microsofts Xbox kinect being able to watch you play invisible soccer in your boxers.

I cannot believe the TPTB are going to play big brother on us. As for arresting 40 atsers that were anonymous makes me think the Gov. trumped up a charge to be able to ask the people some questions and do their own little background checks to see who the "anonymous" really are.

Of all honesty and IMO, since that (1) loose cannon that fired on that senator made the government so paranoid that they sent forth the Eagle Eyes to pull a "Minority Report" to weed out the bad fruit from the tree.

Good ol' Patriot Act for ya in action. I say stand up tell them who you are and have nothing to hide. Atleast make them work for a charge to get ya in the spotlight. I fear no man, nor government.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

This PS3 incident offered a great opportunity to give my 12-year-old a lesson in current events. The poor kid is going into PS3 withdrawal. We talked about WikiLeaks, DDOS attacks, Sony's position on jailbreakers etc. He weighed both sides of the issue and guess whose position he decided is justified? Anonymous Little rebel.

Very good, I just sincerely hope you do that on a regular basis and not just when the network is down....

I'm really starting to wonder who's side ANON is on. The earlier post about them having the virus that allegedly made the nuclear disaster worse is shocking if true. A disaster that surpasses Chernobyl and these guys had something to do with the reactor eventually melting down?!?!?! Thats pretty damn scary (damage they can do) and it pisses me off (if true) because that def wasnt something done for the people.

I tried playing Black ops offline split screen with my husband, and we noticed that every last weapon and perk was unlocked and already on Pro. You know you have to unlock that yourself for multiplayer online and co-op offline. Especially for the pros, you have to earn those and I only had marathon and sleight of hand pro so it just confirmed for me that the problem was bigger than originally told.

edit on 25-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

A supercalculator with PS3...make me laugh

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Please do NOT believe everything they say or report in the papers! We sense that they are trying to pull a fast one by claiming that they have the right people.They have been using psychology in the way they release information and those who are ignorant are taken in by what they claim.
edit on 25-4-2011 by 1Starman because: put in missing letter

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's a cat and mouse game.

How do you stop someone that doesn't want to be found online and really has the means to hide their tracks?

If I wanted to obfuscate my tracks. I'd use a laptop and use not the native OS but a linux startup disk loaded with utilities that I would need and just run the OS in memory.

Load up a bunch of proxies and then go to a mcdonalds or a denny's and use their wireless.

I would definately use something out of either china or russia for my proxy.

How would you get caught? It would take some luck on the part of the FBI to catch you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Okay, please allow me to play the Devil's Advocate here, particularly since I know absolutly nothing about this Anon group. (This is the first I've ever heard of them). So, if no one knows who they are, or what they are really about, then how do you know they are on our side. How do we know that Anon isn't actually a goverment opps to track hackers and this apparent "legion" of gamers, who potentially pose more of a threat than any other group.

Seriously, would group of powerful hackers really announce that they had supervirus? No, not unless they are being set up to use it.

The Govement creates the virus, then infiltrates, mimics or controls an anonymous subculture of hackers who claim to have stolen said virus. Disables the anon network (PS3) and issues a small number of search warrants in an attempt to show a serious crack down on internet hacking. The next thing you know, this super virus is used on Iran or Japan or some other foreign goverment and the subculture gets the blame. The goverment is scott-free and has a ligitimate excuse to track down and detain hackers, and potentially lauch serious internet restriction and security.

Second Cyber attack on Iran

Be careful what you wish for.
edit on 4/25/2011 by amaster because: Link added

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Mods please help deny ignorance and hoax bin this thread.
That is all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join