It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Has Issued 40 Arrest Warrants For Anonymous Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What do you not understand about "an external intrusion has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services"? They got hacked buddy and it was bad enough to shut down PSN.
edit on 24-4-2011 by KewlDaddyFatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

In January.
There now doing complete overhaul.
ps3.ign.com...
edit on 24-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Dont mess with gamers they get pissed.

No, they don't. They get even.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

how? is whining at a FB page considered "getting even"?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

All right! GREAT start guys!

40 out of 400,000 and growing. Way to go.

S&F&

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The thread title of this is also misleading since the warrants issued are SEARCH warrants and not arrest warrants....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

An overhaul that they didn't announce before Wednesday when the network went down? Wow, I've had a PS3 since 2007 and I cannot recall one time this has happened. Every other time the PSN was going to be down it was announced way ahead of the scheduled maintenance and a time was announced when it would be back up. Keep on thinking it didn't get hacked the other day, your own article you provided even says so.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So why did Sony delet there post about being attacked?
Seems it might not have been?
Why does ANON deny doing an attack?
Why does Sony admit they shut there own services down?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not sure that the FBI truly grasped the "We are legion." part of Anonymous.
Forty, eh? Whew.

Forty people who probably don't know each other, are likely never to meet and have completely differing backgrounds, but share a common goal. Forty of how many?
"Legion" probably refers to a few more than "Two-score" wouldn't you think?
Are these the ringleaders? Of course not. They are but lambs to be slaughtered on the altar of corporatism.

Watching with interest for the backlash...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

We could go on and on about this. Why didn't Sony make an announcement beforehand like they had ALWAYS done in the past. Earlier you linked to the Playstation Blog so I am going to assume today wasn't your first time there. Check out the blog history and you will see there was always an announcement about security updates and firmware updates well in advance, as well as information as to when the services would be restored. Why not this time? My theory is that got hacked and HAD to pull the plug. Anonymous aren't the only hackers out there and even if they are responsible what makes you think they MUST publicaly state they did do it?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

They did speak to it, though. They said they did attack Sony itself, but not the PS3 network. Sony would benefit from lying about that, but would Anonymous? How would admitting to one but denying the other help them? I think Sony is lying. Or the attack was manufactured as an excuse to turn gamers against Anon, and start serving warrants like this.
edit on 24-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I am with you on Sony having more to do with this than what the public is led on to believe. What better time than now with their lawsuit against Holtz to do something like this. I totally agree.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That lawsuit is over the settled out of court.
But he is under a gag order on the case.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So this is the bizarre thing that occurred to me when I saw this thread. I was reading another thread today at ATS named Public Announcement by Nuclear Scientists, which links to a Youtube video of a conference in which Leuren Moret talks about the failure of the Japanese nclear reactor back-up system due to a virus that was implanted in the software that controls the Siemens’ manufactured cooling systems. If I understand it correctly (and I do not profess to be anything more than a layperson), this virus affects the monitoring controls and gives a false gauge reading to the person watching the controls leading them to believe that all is okay when, in fact, the turbines that keep the rods cool are super-accelerating and falling apart).

The thread can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It made me think of one of the first threads I read here on ATS about a group calling themselves Anonymous in which they talk about having a copy of this virus. That thread can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I realize that the stated impetus for these search warrants is the Sony fiasco, but it seems strange to me that shortly after Leuren Moret’s conference was released on Youtube during which she talks about a virus which prevented the Japanese Siemens’ made back-up cooling systems from operating (and consequently allowing for what we now believe was full nuclear meltdown), all of the sudden Anonymous is being sought by the FBI?? Makes me wonder what would draw more attention – a computer game community being hacked or possession of a computer virus implicated in the Japanese catastrophe. Any thoughts?

Timidgal

PS - my apologies if this was already covered here using references, lingos or connections I didn't understand.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

The original video FBI after ANON was from January.
The Japan nuclear accident was in march.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

indeed and gamers on gamespot are calling Anonymous idiots.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I remember reading a while back that a member of anon gave up senior leadership because they weren't staying true to the cause. Is this the insider leak that gave up 40?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

No, they don't. They get even.

Sounds like that's the only thing 'gamers' give a damn.

Current events, riots, economy, war ... who cares! As long as I gots meh gamez with da shiny graphics is all good!

What? U MAD BRO?

/sarcasm

Ranting aside, I hope anonymous keeps fighting the good fight. But even then I can't help but wonder, what are they trying to gain from there actions.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Laugh all you want.

Call them "script kiddies" and other names.

But make no mistake about it. They are legion. They neither forgive nor forget.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's kind of my point - ANON says in January they have the virus (but we all know that statements are just words and have probably all been challenged at one time or another with the retort "no proof, no validity") and now, after the Japan catastrophe in March, that which was previously a statement has been given credence by an actual incident involving said virus specifically mentioned by someone who has been investigating the Japan catastrophe. Perhaps I'm missing something to your point? Honestly just trying to understand as it still seems strange to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join