It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to lead world economy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree, it's mostly our fault. We keep funding them via outlet stores and cheap plastic junk.

On an oddly funny note, when I saw the thread title I read it as, "China to lead (as in Pb) world economy."

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I do doubt that the US will allow this to happen even after the dollar collapses, I do see a very long recovery period for the US after the collapse, but no Chinese takeover of the US as THE world power. The Chinese economy is going to implode by the sheer numbers, then what are they going to do? They have a garbage problem that is literally up to the hilt. Energy consumption dictates ones quality of life, and they are short on that too per capita.

We as the American people will not allow that to happen, plain and simple. No argument, just the way it is and will be.

I will be damned if I move my business out of the country! I have been doing Intern'l business since 1999, and have watched what would equate to the changing of the guard in financial reserve. I cannot begin to imagine where they would try to slip in a check mate.

edit on 25-4-2011 by maestromason because: *addition

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree with get rid of Wally's World, reason being for all of the lead laden products that they buy from China that makes our children dumb. The problem lies with US trade agreements with them in that case. The US needs to put a foot down and get things straight over there.

Wally's World only carries cheap products to be consumed anyway. I never shop there, so I would not miss it, it is not like it holds the key to the US's future.Shut those poison pill stores down I say!

(Sorry for the double post, I did not see this thread)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
deleted due to OP misunderstanding of my wager... I think Chinas economic growth has been falsely projected by the manipulation of thier currency. Thier dept is massive and they have big problems brewing bunch of underpaid smart people who have had enough. The US with the advice of Trump which he has already given on cnn would drop China in rank in under a year. They wont be taking the number 1 spot even if it means War with China Russia and North Korea. Atleast thats how I feel anyway. And yes then we have WW3.
edit on 24-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: edited entire post

Sprinkle in the fact that the US IS the worlds largest consumer and I dont know that it matters what China does if the US doesnt have an economy that allows us to buy more WANTS, than NEEDS.

The world certainly wants us out of the picture econmically, but they fail to realize that their wealth, is a direct result of the wealth of America.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
So many peple with so little understanding of economics , especialy world economincs.

Let me tell you this : China is walking a very thin line here.China, as a whole, might overtake the US economy tomorrow if they want.Its not that hard.What is really hard to estimate is the impact of China economy growth, even if its 1%, 5% or 15% per year.

The real issues is the volume of money they are able to get from selling on markets.And since their national market is really really small compared to international market, they need to sustain the growth by selling more and more to US, Japan, EU, Canada, Australia, countries were people CAN afford to buy the huge volume of chinese products.

So, in other terms, since the chinese products are cheap (and they will have to keep it cheap, so they can sell more and more), and the westerns product are like 5-10 times more expensive (since western wages are far far more higher than chinese wages), every percent of Chinas growth will have to be sustained by selling MORE or INCREASE the selling prices.

However, since they actually cannot increase the prices to match the western prices of a product, because than they will have a real competition, and actually LOSE in volume of sales, they have to manufacture more, but also make possible to sell as much as they produce.

In other words, any country that will allow MORE cheap chinese products on their markets, will actualy drove into bankruptcy any of they national company that makes same product.
Or...in order to compete with cheap chinese products, those nations will have to rethink their wages.

It is spiral that will lead to either lower wages in west (if the chinese products cannot be limited to import, and also to compete with them) or will lead to a colapse of China economy (if those nation can limit the imports of chinese product, hence lowering the income of China and the increase of unemployment in China).

In order to keep their growth, China MUST sale more cheap products on external markets, or INCREASE their national wages so that they can sell more and more on their internal market.First option means unlimited acces to external markets, and any country that will accept that will be faced with higher and higer uneployment (and no sane western goverment will accept that), and the second option will mean more and more chinese out of powerty into middle class (and no sane comunist government will want a trong middle class).

In the end, it will be EITHER China (and India, because they also have a HUGE human woking power) increase their people richness OR the west will have to decrease it (because no western economy, assuming free imports of cheap chinese goods, can be competitive with actual wages).

I , for one, beleive that China will colapse, because the other option is the colapse of the West.And the colapse of the West is not acceptable.
You and i know that China have NO military power to impose anything.But the West have it.And we will use it, if our economies will have to compete free chinese products.So, the West will limit the chinese imports, and China will have to live with it.Or die with it.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Recollector because: gram

edit on 25-4-2011 by Recollector because: gram

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Perhaps they will, perhaps not. many questions to be asked, no clear direction for answers.

the U.S. Comes out guns blazing after 9/11, goes to Afghanistan for bin laden, then goes to Iraq because Saddam wants to buy yellow-cake from Niger. ( read Plame affair, leftwing plot since Wilson suddenly becomes a playboy.)

we have a holy war on our hands because some people don't like Brittany Spears, Football, and Pepsi (western culture).

We're in massive debt, though people blame bush. but i think its more about what congressional members in 2006+ decided to do after the deregulation's.

and i ask myself. why don't i hear much about china suffering jihadist attacks? why are communist china, and Russia wanting closer relations, i thought Russia wasn't communist anymore!? wait, Putin is ex KGB?! whaaa?! china only allowing first born Chinese males to live? are they building an army?? Russia and china building stealth fighters, and expanding on all military aspects? why!?

If our world is so civilized, and mostly at peace accept for a couple rogue states, which could be easily wiped out right now, why this military build up? they need stealth fighters against Iran, or Somalia, or bin laden?!

wait wait wait. isn't Russia an Iranian benefactor? seems like it if they are giving nuke fuel , and weapons to Iran.
and now Russia wants a red button for our missile defense shield?

I pose the question again. All of this, against camel jockeys? really? right.

wake up people. you ask how a bunch of guys could hijack planes, set it all up and afford it? well if bin laden's millions didn't, then maybe it was a country, getting ready to make a move.

Maybe i'm wrong.. in fact i hope i am. but i just cannot bring myself to ignore certain dots that seem to connect so well.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Recollector

I like your style, and your train of thought! The US is not having it plain and simple! I have to give you credit for a well thought out contribution to this thread topic. People must realize that the US is THE superpower in the world for a reason, we hold the world like the God Atlas!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am not worried about China either. China is in the news so much that people forget it is competing with India and Russia, who would like to make a comeback. The US may have lost some economic power but for one, I don't believe a single country should carry the world's economy and two, China isn't the only dog fighting for the leftovers.
China is in a make or break position. There is still massive class distinctions, people are poverty stricken and sick and getting tired of it. China made a huge mistake in the Three Gorgest Dam. Ok, mistake isn't a word to even properly describe that.
I think what scares people is that America not being the first economic powerhouse, means that we will live in tents and eat out of cans. The British were also an empire once too, but they seem quite content with their current civilized life. It doesnt' meant the end of the world for the US, economics wise. It doesn't mean that the US can be taken over by China or any other superpower, it will just be economic warfare.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The thought that the dollar will have a controlled decline in a five year period is absolutely preposterous! The IMF released this statement to lull its inverters into a stupor as the rug gets pulled out from under them.

The US doesn't need China's help to crash the dollar. That business is already done. Don't wait for five years for what's going to happen by the end of this year.

edit on 25-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker

and i ask myself. why don't i hear much about china suffering jihadist attacks? why are communist china, and Russia wanting closer relations, i thought Russia wasn't communist anymore!? wait, Putin is ex KGB?! whaaa?! china only allowing first born Chinese males to live? are they building an army?? Russia and china building stealth fighters, and expanding on all military aspects? why!?

Maybe i'm wrong.. in fact i hope i am. but i just cannot bring myself to ignore certain dots that seem to connect so well.

No, you ARE wrong, ridiculously wrong. When did China only allow the first born males to live? It is a one child policy to limit population overgrowth it is just more important for families to keep males because of their ability to help the family and pass on the family name.

TF is wrong with you?? You based your post off of this silly little delusion that China is specifically breeding a army by imposing male birth policies. ATS want to see ignorance? here it is ...right here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If you guys want this to stop then quit buying foreign-made items such as cars. One of the things that buggs me the most is someone who is all about America but then drives a Toyota or Honda. If you drive one of these cars then you are sending money to Japan and taking money out of the US economy. GM almost failed ecause of Toyota and other foreign automakers stealing money from the US

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join