It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i crazy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No, if you are sane enough to question your sanity, you are probably not crazy.

Even if you are; SO WHAT!

I know some people who have been called "crazy" all their lives, including self, and they are still fully functioning members of society.

A little crazy will actually help in the greater scheme of things. I would just hope you don't start letting others define you or your mental capacities.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

You are most definitely not crazy. Unfortunately it has become the norm to call anyone who thinks outside the box 'crazy.' To me crazy is being ok with the whole debt=slavery concept. To me crazy is believe everything you are told without taking the time to think it through. Keep the faith and spread the word. Peace man.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
While I don't believe that you are crazy by any means, I do believe that your parents show good cause to be concerned. You are at an impressionable age. Them being concerned is a good thing considering all that is out there these days. So many people and movements are claiming they want to change the system and change the world.
Changing the world is nearly impossible. Why not go out and act locally? Go volunteer at your local shelters and food banks. Go pass out toiletries, blankets, clothes to people living on the street. Collect and donate stuffed animals or small toys to your local police department, or women and childrens shelter. Donate money to UNICEF, or any other charity that works on a global scale. Look into joining the Peace Corps.
I think that people who are your parents age, and a little older, all wanted to change the world at one time too. Remember the 60's and the hippie movement? That was an entire generation dedicated to change.
But, then you grow up, and you get married, you settle down and you realize that money does make the world go around. So you do as everyone else and you conform. That's just how society works. That does not make us sheeple. We are not in a movie, this is real life. Someday you may be blessed with children of your own and you too will worry about what they are reading and studying. I think that you should share with your parents what you are learning and how you feel, find out what they think about it too. This is a sign of your maturity. Don't jump to any conclusions about them being out of touch with reality or ignorant to what is really going on with the world. They were once 17 and chances are they have had the same feelings that you have at one time or another. Good luck in your quest to find answers, it's a long, bumpy road. If I could give any advice to my 17 year old self it would be, stay in school, be a nerd, go to college, be a nerd, don't smoke pot, be a nerd!! My 34 year old self would be way better off!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
you are not, i repeat not crazy. If you can keep your head when all around you are loosing theres, you will be a man my son. You are hope in this dishonest world we live in.x

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just to reaffirm what most on here have already said, you are not crazy my friend. You are simply breaking the mold of the social construction that has been placed around you. Change is scary and many are not willing to accept changes into eh system that they have accepted and ingrained into themselves. Do not be discouraged from your path, it will lead you to great places I imagine.

I started searching for the truth at 17 and I am coming up on my 19th birthday now. In this short amount of time I have felt so much growth and enrichment within my life it has been unbelievable. I have grown out of the shadow that my misguided and blind parents had shrouded me in. I am a being of spirit and energy, one who is walking down a path of peace and enrichment for as many as I can. I have been lucky enough that for what ever reason, whenever I engage my peers in topics of conversation from spirit to shadow government conspiracies they never simply write it off as crazy rambling. almost everyone I have talked to has at least pretended to have interest in what I was speaking. This can be attributed to any number of things, but the point I want to get across is that the general mindset among all humans is undergoing a shift. We are, as a whole, more open minded and accepting of the reality beyond reality than ever before. do not lose hope and do not be discouraged.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by mossme89

I guess i am getting too old as well then, as i cant understand the point in how twitter is used as well
99% of the stuff on twitter is repeating some silly news story and then others copy your twittter about the news story and then retweet that...

I have yet to see someone actually post something interesting using that service.

It's moreso a realtime social network used for fun. Kind of entertaining. You can 'retweet things you like'. Like if my friend tweets an inspirational quote, i can retweet it. But actually the Middle Eastern revolutions started on Twitter and Facebook. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the protest info was retweeted a lot, so it went viral.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join