It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i crazy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Tonight, while doing the dishes, i brought my laptop downstairs and was watching Zeitgeist: Moving Forward. My parents were asking what i was watching, and i tried to explain the Zeitgeist movie as best as i could. I read them the synopsis, and they were like "You find that interesting?" I nodded.

I tried to show them part of the movie on the Federal Reserve, and got about 2 minutes in, to the part where it said "Debt = Slavery", when they said "Come on, get real!" They told me they worry about me believing in "that stuff" and then worry i might turn out like the Columbine kids. They gave me that look like they were wondering if i was sane and asked if i believed in what they were saying in the Zeitgeist movie. I lied and said i didn't believe any of it, just watched it for fun and they let me go.

I realize this is probably not the most unbiased place to ask, but what do you think about the Zeitgeist movie and what my parents said? Sometimes i wonder if i'm going down that crazy path. I'm 17 and I've never had an urge to go on a shooting spree, quite the opposite. I stay away from conflict and violence as much as i can. But still, i have a strong belief in the occult, and i often wonder if that makes me a kook.

Here's the Zeitgeist: Moving Forward synopsis:

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward, by director Peter Joseph, is a feature length documentary work which will present a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society.
This subject matter will transcend the issues of cultural relativism and traditional ideology and move to relate the core, empirical "life ground" attributes of human and social survival, extrapolating those immutable natural laws into a new sustainable social paradigm called a "Resource-Based Economy".

I just cannot accept a system that is so inherently flawed where the top 1% of the world own more than half the world's money while people halfway across the world are struggling for a piece of food to stay alive. It honestly bugs me to death and is on my mind during dinner and big banquets. I really feel guilty having an excess of food, while others starve. And at big banquets, the excess food almost always goes in the trash. And the wasted money bugs me too. Those billions we spent to bail out banks? They could have gone towards renewable energy.

Still, I don't see why we can't have a self-sufficient system. We're getting to the point where we could have an entire resource-based economy automated by a computer. Not just 1 computer, but a network of computers creating another sort of internet infrastructure. 3D printers are getting to the point where they might soon be able to be used in commercial products or even to build houses.

I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated. I seriously wonder if I'm crazy or if there's something wrong with me because i don't see things like everybody else. Here's a link to the documentary. The entire thing is on YouTube, as well as a free torrent from their official website. It's enlightening and inspirational.

edit on 24-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've not seen this movie but sounds quite interesting so think i'll check it out.

And by the way, i'm sure your not crazy. You cant allow people to label you just for believing in something

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Just like my signature...

When I tell people about the things I see coming and they reply with..."You're Crazy!"

I simply say: "If I'm wrong...no harm done.

But if YOU'RE wrong..."

Nuff Said.
edit on 24-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
dont worry about your not crazy. im 14 and my parents are the exact same way. just remember that they have been brainwashed their entire lives that this is the only way and everyone who thinks otherwise is a nazi/communist/terrorist/crazy. dont force your views on them but dont just give up the second someone calls you crazy. if we ever want to change the world we cant give up our views the second we hit ignorent people.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I just cannot accept a system that is so inherently flawed where the top 1% of the world own more than half the world's money while people halfway across the world are struggling for a piece of food to stay alive.

Probably not crazy...jealous maybe?

It's always been this way, just a handful of people controlling almost everything. The fact is that the vilified 1% is stuck with responsibility the 99% doesn't want. Although the 99% probably DOES want their cars, lavish homes, and privilege.

As far as the poor, struggling for food, apparently Jesus was reputed to have said that the poor we would always have. Hmmm.

I wonder what a constructive suggestion might be? Redistribution of wealth? Maybe we should force the mantle of responsibility upon those who would not want it, let alone take it seriously?

Oh wait...That's what "democracy" is all about.

Didn't work...

JR

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The Zeitgeist Trilogy is an Awsome stepping stone to your Quest for knowledge and truth.

Some will argue about the facts in Number 1 and 3, but most of what is said about the Monatary system and Federal Reserve is IMO truthfull.

Also being 17 years old and seeking the truth is awsome!! oh to be young again.....

You are not crazy and your definatly at the right place for answers my friend!!

Have you seen the first two Movies?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No, you're not crazy. You, as a human being, are perfectly within your rights as a living, breathing entity to decide for yourself what is right and wrong in your life. Don't ever forget that.

While reading your post, the one thing that I "saw" your parents being is afraid. They live in fear that what they know will fall apart someday.

Fear has the ability to tap into, in an immediate way, the "fight or flight" instinct in the brain, and people will do ANYTHING they can to create the "cognative dissonance" that it takes to keep their own status quo in line.

some quotes that might help to keep in mind:

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
Marcus Aurelius

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."
Albert Einstein

"What luck for rulers that men do not think."
Adolf Hitler

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain

link   

My mother use to always say, "We may be nuts, but at least we are hanging on the right tree."

link   
reply to post by jude11

Wanted to tell ya before...that's an awesome signature

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow, your parents are ridiculous. How does one associate "believing" in the federal reserve to mass murder? If I were you I would have told them to stop watching so much Fox News, educate themselves on the basics of economics, and warn them of making any more pre-judgements and assumptions before they find themselves in a situation they don't want to be in.

People need to start seriously thinking for themselves in this society, our brains are too important, too powerful, to be waisted away on the notion that ignorance is bliss and that the churches and the politicians and the education systems will keep us safe. We NEED to start questioning authority because stuff like this is getting out of hand.

I never post on this site, but having seen this thead I just had to respond. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don't think there is any blame for you or your folks, it is more a matter of personal interest, information and technology catering to our every whim, and genuine concern for humanity and our future.
Our parents were not exposed to so much info, nor the increased frequency and reporting of so many tragedies in our world. There are generational indifferences, in that we seem to have more time and ability to pursue our curiosities, as well as a flux of conspiratorial marketing and gain in popularity.

We can appreciate our parents concerns, I believe, but for them there is probably not much in between "everything is fine," and "we're all gonna die....soon!" So to them, any serious questioning is just foreign to them, because they are unaware. It is frustrating for us too though, because we have evidence to prove/disprove some of the more 'established' truths, such as history and how things went down. (People's History of the US) is a prime example.

I have also experienced a desire for my relationship with my folks to become more casual and friendly, and inclusive of numerous topics, but I have found it is sometimes better to just keep things copacetic by 'pretending' a little bit. My experience has been to keep my discoveries to myself over the years. I will say though, that over the last decade, my folks have gone from 'everything is fine, and if it's not in the media it's not true," to realizing there is more to the story that what/how is reported. They have actually come to me with a question or for an opinion. So I realized everyone is on their own path , moving at their own pace and trying to force understanding on some becomes futile.
Are you crazy? I don't think so. Maybe just keep your realizations from your folks, unless they ask.

Peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nikkibee

I just wan't to say if you are 14, Please do not believe some of the things mentioned on Ats.
Honestly, you take this reply how ever you like, It's just a warning.
You still have school, college things like that to look forward to. If I was you, I would study my ass off and have fun while you're still young, You don't need a site like this.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
The Zeitgeist Trilogy is an Awsome stepping stone to your Quest for knowledge and truth.

Some will argue about the facts in Number 1 and 3, but most of what is said about the Monatary system and Federal Reserve is IMO truthfull.

Also being 17 years old and seeking the truth is awsome!! oh to be young again.....

You are not crazy and your definatly at the right place for answers my friend!!

Have you seen the first two Movies?

Well i saw all of the Federal Reserve ones (50 minutes total), the first of 5 is embedded below... I have not seen the first 2, though i might have to go back and watch them. What i like about the 3rd one is that it finally gives the answer of "how do we fix it?" I know the system is messed up, to watch more about how it's messed up is depressing and sort of besides the point, which is we need to do something about it to make it better, i.e. moving to a sustainable resource-based economy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AreaJerm

No, thank you for reading and posting

Trust me, i don't think telling them to do anything would work. They know the system is messed up, i've talked to them about it. They know politicians are corrupt and the banksters are greedy. But they stop short of doing anything about it. They talk about how corrupt things are but accept it as "the way things have always been."

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You're parents are domesticated humans, they are sheep. (The blunt truth)

You are a glimmer of hope, a free mind born from an unlikely upbringing.

You are not crazy, you're mind just isn't in shackles, keep it that way.

Remember to take everything with skepticism, the original Zeitgeist was about information, this one is about pushing their ideas and agendas. There are flaws in their vision as well.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I know what you mean, it's like a generational gap in viewpoint. My generation is built on social media. A good quarter at least of my school is on Twitter. I tried to explain Twitter to one of my uncles once. He didn't get the point, a lot of people don't. But the point is there is no point. It's to be a part of a networked bunch of people (aka the Twittersphere) and to share your thoughts. My generation seems to get it, for the most part. But generally, the older generations don't quite get it. Of course i'm making a generalization, and there are exceptions. But what it comes down to is that my generation (the Internet generation, born 1985 or later), has a totally different dynamic than previous generations.

Originally posted by YoungMind92
reply to post by nikkibee

I just wan't to say if you are 14, Please do not believe some of the things mentioned on Ats.
Honestly, you take this reply how ever you like, It's just a warning.
You still have school, college things like that to look forward to. If I was you, I would study my ass off and have fun while you're still young, You don't need a site like this.

I'm doing both, and trust me it took me a year to figure out legitimate threads from the crazy "we're all gonna die today!!!!" and "I can fly!!!!!!" threads. But I've always had an urge to find out the truth in things, what's really going on, as well as an interest in the occult. ATS has really helped with that.
edit on 24-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The response you received is what is force fed into our minds from day one. Independent thinkers are nuts and our government loves us and would never lie to us, trample our rights or betray us. Get used to it, kid..

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by jude11

Wanted to tell ya before...that's an awesome signature

Thanks. Yours also:

"Signature:"

Sez it all...lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I feel your pain! Your definitely not crazy. I'm 21 and my parents think i'm crazy as well. It is vital for you to understand that the majority of people will think you are crazy and therefore you shouldn't engage in conversations on these subjects. Also, it is important to understand that you can very well go crazy, since you are so young and already seeking truth. Try not to become to obsessive with seeking truth because it can be depressing. It is important to keep your sanity. Continue to educate yourself and try to keep positive thoughts throughout. I wish you the best.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi there,

You are worthy as you are. Nothing your parents regard as being of meaning has no sense in this world. Just focus on walking your own path and not giving a damn about what other people think is the "real" world or the values you should have in your life.

I know these words sound profoundly hollow to you but you need to realize that you are a separate being from the expectations and the hopes of your family and friends. Follow your heart. Use your intuition, what do you feel is the truth. Go with it and don't listen to anyone else. The truth is within

Selamat Gajun, Selamat Ja!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join