It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Crown Prince of Bahrain says No to Royal Wedding'.. is not the real story!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

'Crown Prince of Bahrain says No to Royal Wedding'...and?

news.sky.com

Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa was one of the hundreds of dignitaries from around the world on the guest list that was made public yesterday.

He had been expected to see William and Kate exchange vows at Westminster Abbey, but organisers were today informed he will not attend.

The Gulf state has cracked down violently on democracy protests in recent months.

Weeks of disturbances prompted the Bahraini King to impose martial law and invite in foreign troops during mid-march to help impose order.

There have been reports that dozens of doctors have been detained by government secur
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hey everyone, this is my first post although i have been reading ATS for a few months now so be gentle with me! lol

Anyways, my post is about a news article i have just read from sky news, I know the title doesn't sound very interesting but i read the story anyway.. it basically says that the Crown Prince of Bahrain isn't attending the Royal Wedding, but then it goes to mention the reason why.. because the Gulf state has imposed martial law and the government are detaining doctors who are treating the protestors?! ...should this not be the news story instead of the wedding invitation??

I haven't looked for any other stories on the unrest in the gulf state yet but it doesnt't sound good, and i am surprised it isn't on the mainstream news, that i have seen anyway.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-4-2011 by benjamin2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

actually, the situation in bahrain is all over the news. This recent headline is topical because it connects to another major news story; the royal wedding.

www.presstv.ir...

www.tehrantimes.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Earlier this month, president of Bahrain's Center for Human Rights Nabeel Rajab said the US media have been ordered not to cover news on the government's brutal crackdown on Bahraini civilians.
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

hey, thanks for the reply

i cant believe what is going on here, we let them kill their own people but we wont let gadaffi? he must have more oil!
lol
edit on 24-4-2011 by benjamin2012 because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The king of Cambodia also failed to reply to his invitation..

2nd

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You have to wonder how much of this is pressure from the British government as part of a PR drive.

It's under a week until the wedding, and that is plenty of time for the situation in Bahrain to get worse and to get more widespread media attention.

It wouldn't look good for Britain if the world was to see a beaming Bahraini crown prince on a pew at Westminster Abbey while security forces were massacring citizens in his country.

It may officially be the crown prince ''declining'' the invitation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some behind the scenes diplomatic negotiations to save Britain some PR embarrassment.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
well you've already got that Muslim group, the EDL and various other groups planning to show up on the big day. the last thing security services want is a big group of bahrainis turning up for a protest. he's more likely been told he's not coming as opposed to deciding not to come him self. after all it doesn't look good our prime minister sitting on the same pue after the images the mainstream media have been posting these past few day (talk about taking your time)

whilst i hate the royals i do intend to watch the wedding as i think there are a number of things that can go wrong on the day... and i wouldnt miss them for the world if they do.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Does anybody know whether Colonel Gaddafi got an invite ?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I definately agree with you Sherlock, its all PR on the Governments behalf.

I am surprised to see that Obama hasn't got an invite though! ..but not surprised that Gordon Brown and Tony Blair didn't.. maybe Gadaffi will

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I agree Daniel, and I will be watching too.. just to see if anything happens lol

I think the whole Wedding is stupid.. the country is on its knees with the recession yet we are spending all this money on a Wedding and we have sent hundreds of millions of pounds to Pakistan to build schools.. don't even get me started on that one!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes, we have a Royal Wedding and he seems a loverly young man, I do sincerely wish him a happier marriage than his poor Mother endured but, what better gift of distraction, currently much needed to allow our media to display its considerable fawning capabilities, done with unimaginable quantitles of superficial gush about the matter, whilst it coolly plays down or ignors some of the dreadful matters going on in the world.

It does make me wonder with some of the double standards going on here, whether part of the population involved in running this and other countries media and governments also, have not developed the ability of turning their heads the full 360's by now.

If the Crown Prince doesn't want to travel at this particular time its easy to understand why, when one looks at how he is treating his own people. To arrest Doctors and nurses who have helped injured protesters is darn right evil and surely leaves him open to anyone with the guts to employ a civil rights lawyer to arrest him for crimes against his own people.

There is a tightening up on civil liberties by all governments not just the Crown Prince, but in actual fact its not the public that are the menace here and the law breakers its the establishments we all use to respect and trust. How on earth did the rot we have today set in. If you look at Iraq, Afganistan, Libya its all based on lies from the establishment to the public and if you look at the was governments are running our individual countries again, its all based on lies, the banking system through to hateful policies such as enforcing flue jabs on our kids that we now know were ineffective.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by benjamin2012

Historically, there have been some photos and videos of leaders and politicians meeting and greeting, which, a few years later, they wished had never been taken.

There's a well-known photo, after World War II, of Winston Churchill shaking hands simultaneously with Joseph Stalin and whoever the US President was at the time.

Obviously, years later, after the atrocities and harshness of Stalin's regime in the USSR were well known, then you would rather have had your photo taken, shaking hands with beelzebub.

We live in an era where you can get 5 different camera angles for a penalty shout in a Northampton Town v Rotherham United game.

The royal wedding is going to be watched by a ridiculously large amount of people worldwide, so I'm not surprised that they are 'pruning' the dignitaries that will be seen for years to come !

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin2012

Earlier this month, president of Bahrain's Center for Human Rights Nabeel Rajab said the US media have been ordered not to cover news on the government's brutal crackdown on Bahraini civilians.
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

hey, thanks for the reply

i cant believe what is going on here, we let them kill their own people but we wont let gadaffi? he must have more oil!
lol
edit on 24-4-2011 by benjamin2012 because: typo

Exactly!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
what better gift of distraction, currently much needed to allow our media to display its considerable fawning capabilities, done with unimaginable quantitles of superficial gush about the matter, whilst it coolly plays down or ignors some of the dreadful matters going on in the world.

It does make me wonder with some of the double standards going on here, whether part of the population involved in running this and other countries media and governments also, have not developed the ability of turning their heads the full 360's by now.

If the Crown Prince doesn't want to travel at this particular time its easy to understand why, when one looks at how he is treating his own people. To arrest Doctors and nurses who have helped injured protesters is darn right evil and surely leaves him open to anyone with the guts to employ a civil rights lawyer to arrest him for crimes against his own people.

There is a tightening up on civil liberties by all governments not just the Crown Prince, but in actual fact its not the public that are the menace here and the law breakers its the establishments we all use to respect and trust. How on earth did the rot we have today set in. If you look at Iraq, Afganistan, Libya its all based on lies from the establishment to the public and if you look at the was governments are running our individual countries again, its all based on lies, the banking system through to hateful policies such as enforcing flue jabs on our kids that we now know were ineffective.

couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
You have to wonder how much of this is pressure from the British government as part of a PR drive.

It's under a week until the wedding, and that is plenty of time for the situation in Bahrain to get worse and to get more widespread media attention.

It wouldn't look good for Britain if the world was to see a beaming Bahraini crown prince on a pew at Westminster Abbey while security forces were massacring citizens in his country.

It may officially be the crown prince ''declining'' the invitation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some behind the scenes diplomatic negotiations to save Britain some PR embarrassment.

I'm quite sure you've hit the nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Do they not teach in the UK who the US Presidents were in WW2?

We have Chamberlain and Churchill pounded into us across the pond.

I would really be surprised if they didn't teach about the first national leader who authorized the use of nuclear weapons against another country, Harry Truman.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I would really be surprised if they didn't teach about the first national leader who authorized the use of nuclear weapons against another country, Harry Truman.

They only teach about the important ones briefly (well, as far as we're aware obviously through our education system).....Kennedy, Lincoln and....err......

I can see it from both sides, the UK not wanting him here and him not wanting to come here where he could be arrested upon landing on our soil for war crimes against the protestors or something.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, that settles it. If he's not going then I am definitely not going either.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Firstly, I wasn't taught in the British education system.

Secondly, I vaguely remembered the photo of a three-way handshake between Churchill, Stalin and the President of the USA.
The identity of the US President of the time wasn't relevant to my point.

Thirdly, yes, I've heard of Harry Truman, but only as a name of a US President, and I don't require any more information to what he did or didn't do !

new topics

top topics

join