It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iran Military Is Ready for Combat, Martyrdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Brigadier General Naser Mohammadifar, head of Iran's army ground forces, says his units were "combat ready" also saying they had "martyrdom-seeking spirit", continuing the rise of tensions in the region. Iran already under the global microscope has recently traded barbs with Israel with both voicing veiled military threats.

www.defensenews.com
The head of the Iranian army�s ground forces said July 28 that his troops were �combat ready� and possessed a �martyrdom-seeking spirit,� the official news agency IRNA reported.

�The armed forces must show their combat readiness and martyrdom-seeking spirit to the enemies,� Brig. Gen. Naser Mohammadifar was quoted as saying during a military ceremony in the northwestern city of Tabriz.

�We can stand up to internal and external enemies in light of unity,� he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Where is the UN in this situation?This is escalating to a fever pitch and talks must be held to ease the rising tensions now before it gets to the boiling point.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Iran Seeking Nuke Bomb Booster?
Israel Soon To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facility?
Israel will be 'wiped off earth' if it attacks Iran: Revolutionary Guards
Israel 'Ready' to Strike Iran

[edit on 7/28/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just another example of how the UN is a lazy and corrupt organization that has outlived it's usefulness...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So we basically have 3 parties.
Israel.
Iran.
USA.

All 3 ignore the UN.
So should the rest of the UN use military force to show that countries have to respect their decissions?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Just another example of how the UN is a lazy and corrupt organization that has outlived it's usefulness...

The U.N. is only as bad or as good as the member states, no country has stepped up to the plate and been willing to contribute as many troops as nessesary every time human rights were in danger. Because of this and U.S. actions further eroding U.N. authority nobody should be suprised that the U.N. dosen't even both to say anything about this.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
So we basically have 3 parties.
Israel.
Iran.
USA.

All 3 ignore the UN.
So should the rest of the UN use military force to show that countries have to respect their decissions?

what millitary? All the UN will be is victims caught in the crossfire.

Besides they are a usless force, the UN just gets in the way of our goals, treaties LOL ink on a page.

Lets either back out now or just go for it.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Besides they are a usless force, the UN just gets in the way of our goals, treaties LOL ink on a page.

You said it. Treaties are useless as long as people break them. And look who doesn't stick to treaties....USA...Israel...Iran...

Get it?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The UN is not involved currently because they are a more intelligently controlled force, unlike some who just blow eveything up..no names mentioned.

The US started this ball rolling, YET AGAIN, let them forfill their lust for war themselves.

I am tire of critism of the UN, when they have usually been the only ones to actually be constructive instead of destructive.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
With one breath Americans say that and then in another they are grovelling to the UN to ask for help. If the UN is so bad, then why ask for their military to go back to Iraq? So that UN bodies can go home in bags instead of American ones?

Originally posted by gravriderX

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
We were kind of grateful for UN assistance in October, 1993 when we had the botched operation that made the book and movie "Black Hawk Down." If I remember right, it was Malaysian and Pakistani armored units that got our troops out of there.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I think most of you are "jumping the gun" on this one, I would think that if the UN is going to show itself as a viable and strong entity, it needs to step up it's
activities concerning Iran, NOT by committing military forces, but by using Diplomatic means. Just watching the situation, like it has with the Sudan, where the chance for diplomacy wanes everyday. Blaming the US, does not address the problem, Iran & Israel trading "nuclear barbs" is the problem.
Does the UN just sit back and wait to see mushroom clouds form over the middle east?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My opinion is, irrespective of what you think of the majority of what comes out of the President's mouth, one thing that he has hit the nail on the head about is the UN's irrelevance in geopolitical stability. I guess they've been to busy stealing from the Iraqi people in the past few years to really do something that could benefit humanity.

They all make me sick and it doesn't bother me a bit that we ignore them, Israel ignores them, or Iran ignores them. They're nothing but the peanut gallery at this point and anybody that hangs their hopes of a peaceful future on the lip-service of this vacuous conglomeration of thieves, hypocrites and cowards should be asking:

"Why are we in this basket and where are we going???".

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Does the UN just sit back and wait to see mushroom clouds form over the middle east?

If I was in charge of the World, I'd evacuate all the contentious 'holy sites' like Mecca, the Wailing Wall, etc., and blow them to smithereens. Then I'd gather up all the rubble, pour it into a big pyramid of rubble in the desert, and nuke it. Then I'd say 'here, go worship this # together, you #ing morons.'

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Iran has registered at least 10,000 young volunteers for "martyrdom operations," against US forces in Iraq and Israel, according to Mohammad Ali Samadi, a spokesman for the recruitment group, the "Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Campaign"

Below is the rough translation of the

"Preliminary Registration for Martyrdom Operations" application from the Islamic Republic of Iran for position of "martyr":

In the Name of God

Preliminary Registration for Martyrdom Operations

I _____________, child of _____________, born (Islamic calendar),
the City of: _________________

proclaim my preparedness for carrying out martyrdom operations:

___ against the occupiers of the holy sites (referring to Najaf, Karbala, and other places in Iraq.)

___ against the occupiers of (Jerusalem)

___ for carrying out the death sentence of the infidel Salman Rushdie

Also, I would like to become an active member of the Army of Martyrs of the International Islamic Movement. yes ____, No _____

Contact telephone:

Applicant's address:

Applicant's signature:

Iran recruiting "Army of Martyrs"

The "Army of Martyrs," is operated by the IRG (Iranian Revolutionary Guards, also known as the Pasdaran), and IRG's sub-agencies tasked with intelligence gathering and the planning of terrorist attacks.

Rebekka

new topics

top topics

join