It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ubuntu 11 Help, Advice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ubuntu 10 LTS user... been with the program since Dapper. Love it. 'Almost always a patch out there for any hardware drivers I've ever needed

As far as your "photoshop" concerns... why would you want to pay for (or pirate) Photoshop when Gimp is free and just as functional.

I've never had a need for more software than I can download right out of my start menu in Ubuntu.

Nice to have you aboard, sorry you've been missing out for this long.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not sure if I would need to start a new thread or not, but I'm having problems printing duplex from a .ps file since the upgrade to 11.04. It worked before and nothing else has changed: same printer, same document, same network. It will duplex from other file types such as LibreOffice or .txt, but not .ps. Any ideas anyone?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Happy with Mint?

I started out with Ubuntu 10 about a year ago, but switched to Mint fairly quickly. As you probably have found out it (Mint) works pretty well out-of-the-box, with no need for installing restricted-extra-packages to watch for example dual-layer DVD's etc..
But now with Ubuntu 11.10 /GNOME3 desktop I switched back to Ubuntu..using Gnome Shell instead of the default Unity GUI.
I'm pretty sure you will get the hang of it if you decide to give it a shot. Very functional and pretty looking OS

Gnome3 being recently released there is not an abundance of easy to understand info on the web about how to tweak your system to better suit your needs and preferences, and me still not being able to start a thread of my own, I thought this could be a good place to start.

Having gone through many failed attempts at setting up various linux distros on my laptop, I might be able to provide some basic assistance/do's and don'ts.
So would be nice to actually have a Gnome3-Gnome Shell/Unity thread here on ATS for all the adventurous explorers of the new Ubuntu, or if there are others who recently upgraded to gnome3 discuss any issues here in your thread..

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?" Welcome to the linux world!
(quote from a linux wallpaper)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join