posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
reply to post by kinglizard
I am Very new at this so I am just guessing
In Linux you will have a software manager, with LOADS of free (Open source) You can download off the web too.
I did a quick search.
This package provides a high quality television application for use with video capture cards. It processes the input from a capture card and displays
it on a computer monitor or projector. Tvtime focuses on high visual quality, making it ideal for videophiles.
* deinterlaced output at a full interlaced rate of 59.94 frames per
second for NTSC sources, or 50 frames per second for PAL sources.
This gives smoothness of motion and high visual quality;
* multiple deinterlacing algorithms for finding the optimal mode for
the video content and available processor speed;
* 16:9 aspect ratio mode for the highest available resolution when
processing input from an external DVD player or digital satellite
* super-slick on-screen-display for the complete television
experience, with a featureful menu system;
* "2:3 pulldown" detection for optimal quality viewing of film content
from NTSC sources.