It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Official Government Disclosure Change anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

This is a question that has been sticking in my head for a while. If the government came out and said "Aliens are Real, UFO's are real and visiting our planet."

How does that really change anything here on earth?
There are polls out there that says around 70+% of people believe there could be life on other planets.

There are polls where a majority don't believe we are being told the truth about Aliens.

I think most people can agree, it would be pretty naive to think we are alone.
In my opinion the big disagreement is rather out of trillions of stars and other planets aliens would specifically pick earth to come and rape (or experiment) humans.

Anyway so a majority of people are ready believe aliens are real...So what?
A good amount of people are open to the fact they may be visiting our planet just like we send probes and satellites to other planets.
Hundreds of thousands or even millions of people have seen UFOs.

How does a Government Announcement change anything?

-Sure you could say well they were lying to us for the past 60 + years.
Governments around the world lie, they lie to us every day. I personally doubt there will be a huge "worldwide riot". They would only be telling us what logically we already believe.

One of the Most confusing arguments I have read is that somehow once Government Discloses to the people Aliens are real:
The Aliens will show themselves,
we will live in peace and harmony,
Rainbows will throughout the world
Unicorns will glide through the skies
The world will be United, with no crime.
No diseases or troubles
No Money
We will Magically start flying through the galaxy in Jetsons like flying cars
We will magically evolve and gain powers (become mentally, spiritually, enlightened)

Now As much as WISH this would be true, even without the aliens, I have serious doubts.
These beliefs are consistant with UFO/ Alien cults and religions, And even a few books and movies

I personally doubt the government of a primitive civilization as compared to "greatly evolved civilization" would prevent them to revealing themselves to us.

Basically My Opinion is The Value of "Official Government Disclosure" is greatly overrated.

edit on 24-4-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What do you guys expect a few days after disclosure?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think disclosure will shut people up finally on both sides. I believe. It's just plain stupid not to believe. Imagine taking your hand and placing it in the middle of a 10 by 18 room. Your hand is the observable universe the rest is unknown. Disclosure will also open other doors as well. For those who didn't believe and now would have to they, may start asking other questions. That is why I believe disclosure will not happen for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

How does that really change anything here on earth?

We dont know what it will change before we know how the mind work in our guests

edit on 24-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sure would legitimize a lot of peoples stories who up to disclosure would be called quacks.

2nd ___

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So It's basically a "I told you so thing"?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hello Logicalist

What I understand is this: the UFO phenomenon is not a simple matter of some of us occasionally glimpsing something in our heavens about which the gov may or may not have an oppinion. There is something much greater afoot.

It goes something like this:
There is a kind of a quarantine around planet earth. We are a "developing" planet. Our consciousness is at a point where we are collectively still deciding what kind of a culture we are. Up to now we have been too diverse to really make a call. Until we do we cannot be "interfered" with. That is, as I understand it, the rule by which the more advanced civilisations live. They are "non-interventionist" by nature.

There are however lesser civilisations that are not quite as advanced as the non-interventionist civilisations. They want to use what is here on planet earth for their own purposes. They managed to stage a crash land which forced an interaction between them and the US government. Agreements were made. Technology was transferred in trade for certain permissions and rights. Some of those permissions would be found to be odious in the extreme if they were known. The whole thing was kept behind many walls of secrecy.

So. There is a contract between earthly elements that pull the strings of power by which governments dance and a certain faction of self-serving extra terrestrials. Only those that know of this can tell us about it. In the mean time we remain in the dark.

Or do we?

Or planetary civilisation is moving towards a tipping point. A decision moment. This is when we declare ourselves to be either predominantly Service To Self or Service To Other. When we do the quarantine will be broken.

If those in power do disclose they risk a HUGE backlash of anger for what they have done. Which might even be unfair. I think at the time they genuinely chose as they did in the belief that they were doing the best to protect national (if not planetary) interests. If they don't disclose, they lock out those that could really help us with the chaos that is now beginning to envelop the planet.

So there you have it. One very loopy story. Some of it may even be true. None of it can in any way be proven. So you (as always) have the luxury of deciding for yourself.

Regards,
~Z~

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zingdad
Hello Logicalist

What I understand is this: the UFO phenomenon is not a simple matter of some of us occasionally glimpsing something in our heavens about which the gov may or may not have an oppinion. There is something much greater afoot.

It goes something like this:
There is a kind of a quarantine around planet earth. We are a "developing" planet. Our consciousness is at a point where we are collectively still deciding what kind of a culture we are. Up to now we have been too diverse to really make a call. Until we do we cannot be "interfered" with. That is, as I understand it, the rule by which the more advanced civilisations live. They are "non-interventionist" by nature.

There are however lesser civilisations that are not quite as advanced as the non-interventionist civilisations. They want to use what is here on planet earth for their own purposes. They managed to stage a crash land which forced an interaction between them and the US government. Agreements were made. Technology was transferred in trade for certain permissions and rights. Some of those permissions would be found to be odious in the extreme if they were known. The whole thing was kept behind many walls of secrecy.

So. There is a contract between earthly elements that pull the strings of power by which governments dance and a certain faction of self-serving extra terrestrials. Only those that know of this can tell us about it. In the mean time we remain in the dark.

Or do we?

Or planetary civilisation is moving towards a tipping point. A decision moment. This is when we declare ourselves to be either predominantly Service To Self or Service To Other. When we do the quarantine will be broken.

If those in power do disclose they risk a HUGE backlash of anger for what they have done. Which might even be unfair. I think at the time they genuinely chose as they did in the belief that they were doing the best to protect national (if not planetary) interests. If they don't disclose, they lock out those that could really help us with the chaos that is now beginning to envelop the planet.

So there you have it. One very loopy story. Some of it may even be true. None of it can in any way be proven. So you (as always) have the luxury of deciding for yourself.

Regards,
~Z~

Exactly. The means of inter stellar travel would put oil corporations out of business...this is why alternative fuel/energy sources have not been introduced publicly. who runs the world? oil corporations.

and to be honest. ANYTHING other than what "society" has been abiding by would be better than what we have now. you can sit and think nothing of that proportion exists, but it really does.

this is what life is on our planet currently;
Grow up
Mature
Go to school
go to college
get married
have kids
believe in some stupid religion that is controlling the people who live on this planet
die.

idk about you but thats a stupid boring life. im choosing the route that has not been opened up for many.

have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Regardless of our personal feelings on the man, his religion and his organization, he makes a valid point in the following video. Something is in the air -literally- and to deny it is even sillier than some of the theories of what they are.

I've never agreed with this man on anything but this video made me mentally applaud him for saying exactly what I felt flat out and plainly without dancing around the subject to avoid ridicule as most people in any seat of "power" do.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think the real issue here is not Disclosure, per se, but the government. It's all about the government not only keeping secrets, which we all expect, but of diverting funds to study this secret with a view to back engineering them and, having done that, produced machines that can actually work. IF (and it's a big "if") the government has been able to do that and our technology is far beyond what we think it is, then the government has a big problem on its hands if it discloses. It's not just a few secrets they've kept from us--it's an entire way of life, an economy, and a standard of living that has been denied to us. And it's the kind of thing that, if revealed, can bring down a government entirely. This goes beyond Democrats and Republicans to the very structure of government independent of the parties. If we've already been to Mars, that's a very big lie to disclose.

Secondly, I doubt very much of the overt "government," i.e.: The President, Congress, the Courts, or the vast majority of the millions of people who work for the government, either directly as employees or indirectly as contractors, has a clue. The "government" doesn't really know, so it really has nothing to disclose. Only a few people really have a grasp on the intent of all this, and they aren't talking. The few diversions we sometimes get from people 'in the know' are part of the game.

Thirdly, we here on ATS are not normal. Really. You may think it would be no big deal to disclose because your mindset can accept it, but study after study would indicate that there WOULD be much upheaveal if disclosure were to occur. Maybe some fundamentalists would incorporate it into their world view just fine. After all, didn't Brigham Young put on some magic glasses so he could read the Book of Mormon from Moroni? But some of them might not, and therein lies the problem. We don't know what "the masses" would do, and they are for the most part very uneducated folks. At the very best it would be a crap shoot. So although we may think we could handle it, I still think it is a very real fear that those who could disclose actually have, and it is a legitimate one.

Fourth, this thing may be way bigger than just saying, "Hey, guys! The aliens are here!" When you say it that way it assumes we can just incorporate that concept into our existing thoughts about the structure of reality. No big deal. They just figured a way around the speed of light and teleported over here. They figured out Warp Drive.

Well, what if it IS a big deal and that their very presence means our concept of reality is entirely wrong. What if Reality is like this: We do have souls. We survive bodily death. We reincarnate, and the aliens are all part of that process because they've figured it out. There are multiple dimensions and multiple Earths, some of which have made it, some not. We as a species are being manipulated and are not at all in charge of our own fates. None of what we see and hear is real. Time does not exist, really. We are just avatars in a very big game.

That would be like telling Isaac Newton about Super String Theory. It would negate centuries of scientific progress because it would basically prove that though the Scientific Method is valid, that science is way too conservative and stodgy to actually be able to accept reality for what it is and that actually, the religions of the world, though they've screwed it up, are closer than science is.

Of course, I'm just playing a "what if" game. I have no independent knowledge that what I am saying here is correct, but it is a synthesis of all the stuff I've ever read or heard on the subject. In other words, I'm suggesting the scope of the problem may not be as simple as you suggest. The issue is not just to admit aliens have been snooping around. It may affect everything that we think we know about reality. If that's the case, Disclosure would be a very big deal indeed.
edit on 4/24/2011 by schuyler because: spelling, as usual

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I just finished posting basically the same thought in another thread and then found yours.

You went more into detail, so thanks, I couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I personally doubt the government of a primitive civilization as compared to "greatly evolved civilization" would prevent them to revealing themselves to us.

And, herein lies the great misconception! Just what in the cosmos makes you thing that ET has a "greatly evolved civilization"? There has been nothing to indicate this, except for a few channelers, who were probably well intentioned, but, not communicating with any one other than their own sub-consciousness. The reality isyou have absolutely no idea how advanced or evolved ET actually is.

Even if ET is 1000's or millions of years older than Humans, it doesn't mean they are more evolved or advanced. The addition of a few scientific discoveries, makes little to no difference.

Although, in some species, evolution to the point of non-interferrence has been reached. And, it is these ETs that will make a positive difference in the lives of every single Human living on your planet.

How does a Government Announcement change anything?

When the governments do disclose, it will "signal", these somewhat more advanced civilizations, that Earth is finally ready to join the interstellar community. This will open up opportunities for Earth to begin building diplomatic ties with these ETs. The exchange of more advanced technologies (for Earth anyway), it will also pave the way for commerce and trade with these ETs. It may also allow these ETs to bring assistance to Earth in the event of natural disaster.

All in all; the quality of your life will increase 1000 fold.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As a species we might start to take a bit more notice of our similarities rather than our differences when there is more diverse intelligences around. As a society we might end the oil and other pollutant industries as we learn why they are still in operation. As a culture we might learn a bit more about deception as we learn how we have all been played, abused and mistreated. As a humanity we might start to think a bit more as the bar is raised for what is considered intelligent.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ben Bova in his book/triology Voyagers did write about how Disclosure would affect Earth in different ways. I recommend reading it. Ben Bova also makes a brief but significant one liner about the the state of the world in that everyone thought about blue jeans and a sports car. By that he meant greed was a problem in the world which has caused many problems both politically and economically and i guess even on reglious grounds too. Ben Bova sees there will be significant changes to Earth but that the underlying tensions will remain. We will still see wars etc. Although a work of fiction it makes for a great read at bedtime.
How will Disclourse affect things? I think in the short to medium term it will be profound. People will be gathered round televisions for a few days and take things in. A world holiday should be declared, kind of like a Global bank holiday just for a few days so that people can take time out to take stock, particuarly as people will not be able to really concentrate on their day jobs and wanting to be with family. And i reckon First Contact Day should then become an annual Global holiday

As to long term implications that depends on the nature of the disclourse. If it is just a comsic hello ie a signal detected by SETI then i think technology and our way of life will not be affected that much. However if it entails a one to one meeting with ET on the perverbial White House Lawn scenerio then i think we would be affected long term, especially if the meeting results in exchange of technology and resources. I am sure Earth does have unique resources exclusive to Earth as no planet could possibly be the same.
Whatever happens it surely must be overall a better thing for mankind as we can at last at least realise we are not alone and that there is life out there. I think that will help humanity grow up alot.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It's not just a few secrets they've kept from us--it's an entire way of life, an economy, and a standard of living that has been denied to us.

I completely agree with Schuyler on many points, in what is a great post.

In the quote above he touches on what I see as the big one. If compartments of the government (or whoever) have information about alternative propulsion/free energy that comes with knowledge about 'aliens', then he is bang on the button! You don't get much bigger than that. The most powerful people in the world control finance and energy. Most of the finance is required because we are energy dependent; most of the technology we use is energy dependent. Whoever controls energy calls the shots - which is why most modern wars are oil related.

What if we don't need to depend on anyone for energy. All we need then is food and shelter. Think about it guys... Of course disclosure - if related to 'free energy - is MASSIVE. Lets get real here.

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
And, herein lies the great misconception! Just what in the cosmos makes you thing that ET has a "greatly evolved civilization"? There has been nothing to indicate this, except for a few channelers, who were probably well intentioned, but, not communicating with any one other than their own sub-consciousness.

I also completely disagree with this. The misconception is yours, AnthraAndromda. There has been plenty other than channelling to indicate that they have a civilization way more advanced than ours. Your statement only indicates to me that you are either unfamiliar with the evidence or are wilfully misleading with your statement!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I also completely disagree with this. The misconception is yours, AnthraAndromda. There has been plenty other than channelling to indicate that they have a civilization way more advanced than ours. Your statement only indicates to me that you are either unfamiliar with the evidence or are wilfully misleading with your statement!

Channelling is a completely unrestrained, uncontrolled, communication with a wholly unknown entity, and in the vast majority of cases, the communication is with the channrller's own unconscious. Channelling has been known for at least several hundred years under different names. Mystics of both the Western and Eastern schools have been warning all who would listen for just as long.

One of the major issues with channelling is that it is, for all practical intent and purpose, one way, and entirely controlled by the "entity" being chanelled. The channeller has no indication of the "entity's" true intent, person, thoughts, emotions, etc.

I am neither unfamiliar, nor am I trying to mislead. In fact, quite the opposite; I'm trying to introduce some reality into the subject.

The Grey's are only a few hundred years ahead of Earth, and the Pleiadian's just a couple hundred years beyond them. No one visiting Earth is more th 800 years ahead of you, with the exception of the Andromedans, and they are millions of years older.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Great post and you deserve a star.

I only see one major problem that could indeed lead to riots and even wars and that´s religions. What if the aliens told us it´s all bogus and the church made everything up? I know that the religious folks are not all fanatics but some of them are. Just imagine a meeting between aliens and Obama and a bomb goes off. The whole disclosure thing is just to unpredictable and that´s why it will never happen. TPTB would lose their last drop of credibility and more importantly the control over us. What if the aliens offered us free energy but our leaders said no?

Sorry but disclosure is suicide and they already know that. I think they try to find a way to tell us only a little bit but not the real truth to keep their appearances as caring(what a joke) leaders. If Obama would speak to us and reveal the existence of aliens i would not hesitate to punch him in the f*cking face. Don´t worry folks he is just a muppet it wouldn´t chance a thing.

We as a little group can´t do # but if we had the support from people all over the world that goes in the millions is another story. We could bring them down and that´s what they fear the most. I wish people who have enough of this # would unite regardless what country they come from and what they believe in. Concentrate all your hate and anger on one enemy and leave all differences aside. We could bring down the whole f*cking corrupt system. I look forward to this day.....
edit on 24-4-2011 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy

Something I feel that needs to be understood, perhaps more by TPTB, than the rest of us; Disclosure is something that is going to happen, sooner, or later. There is no other alternative (well unless you shut yourselves up on this wee rock until you are extinct).

It needs to be understood that sooner or later, ET will make himself visible to everyone, and, at that point it will all be over for TPTB. They will fall, and in the process set Human civilization and technology back probably 100's of years.

And, perhaps, that is something all of ou need to understand; the sooner you have disclosure, the better. I mean; are you going to wait until some ET wants your planet? Then try to defend yourselves with what? Rocks and sticks?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Some really great comments on this subject

I tried to sum up my feelings on this subject but it’s too huge of a subject.

The economic considerations alone are staggering IF an alien race were to give us technology it would be disastrous to our current economic system. For example free energy, great! Everyone wants free energy but in doing so we have just put millions of people worldwide out of work. So just one small piece of technology would crash our economic system our financial institutions and finally our governments.

Our current society is NOT READY for official contact, free energy, the environment, diseases, hunger, war, these are problems that we have to work out ourselves over a period of time, and they cannot just be given to us or solved for us by a more advanced civilization because of the impact it will cause.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Good thoughts! However, it doesn't have to have the magnitude you are thinking of.

Lets use you Energy sector as a further example. ET gives you the technology for free energy. That truly does seem great, however, it can't happen overnight. Even if ET does give you the tech, that doesn't mean he is gong to build all the devices you will need, and that quantity would be quite large.

You would still need your energy companies to manufacture the devices, and maintain them (these are after all machines, and machines malfunction)..

As for the ecconomy, yes, it will be on its way out, and you will be headed toward a somewhat more advanced society that has no need of currency. If people have everything they need, thay will have little need for cash in any form. And, I don't know about you, but, personally I wouldn't quit working (course then again, I'm supposed to be retired, yet I still work ... but for peanuts). You see, it is part of Human nature to be doing something. People will still want an education, they will still want to apply that learning. With a new ecconomy you would need fewer resources, and technological development would increase.

Disclosure would also allow others to send aid in the event of a disaster. For instance; Japan could have been cleaned up on day 1, instead of being the threat it now is.

Same goes for many other areas. And, while it may be true that the greedy among you will suffer "hard times", they will eventually fade into history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join