It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
Couldn't it have been some kind of seizure? Such as Absence seizure, Petit Mal Seizure, which does lead to Transient epileptic amnesia. I mean, you have to consider the medical issues as well. Sometimes people drive their cars, ride their bikes or even work with such seizures without noticing it. Sometimes they last for mere seconds but the seconds add up quickly.

I've never had any time slip experience, at least not while I wasn't on some kind of drug. Sometimes I'll phase out though and won't actually remember having driven or walked to my destination but that's just because I'm lost in my thoughts.

Hi, I also shared my experiences on page 1. As with the OP and myself we had others in our vehicles when it happen, with OP he had daughter , with myself I had son and daughter, so we all had seizures at the same time?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences whilst driving, however I am aware of certain hypnosis' that occur whilst driving, that in extreme cases can allow your body and mind to rest [on very familiar roads] and you're brain will partially shut down and a type of auto pilot is activated; this can turn 30 minute drives into 5 minute 'jumps' or 7 hour drives into 3 hour stints. It's an odd occurrence, but I travel a lot between Austin, Houston, and Dallas and the 7 hours it takes to drive from Austin, to Houston, and up to Dallas in a single day has seemingly gone by in a matter of minutes in some cases, with no recollection of long stretches of the drive.

THOUGH, my father had something happen to him a few years ago. It was the late 90's and my grandfather was dying in Arizona so my Dad and his 3 brothers loaded into car and drove out from Austin to Tucson. Along the way they were on a stretch of highway where there were no shoulders, only a cliff wall on one end going up on one side and a cliff wall going down on the other with only guardrails between them and the walls. They saw a car overtaking an RV up ahead and thought it might be a close call, so they paid attention. As they did, the car sped up as if it was about to slam into the car carrying my Dad and uncles; just as it was about to hit them head-on, they all remember closing their eyes and praying and the next thing they know, the cars still in their lane but behind them. THERE WAS NO WHERE FOR THE CAR TO GO AROUND THEM. The RV and the car past them at the same time.

So they pulled into the next gas station and the attendant asked where they were coming from and if they had seen 'the accident'? They all said no, but a guy was in their lane. The attendant said "that guy was on a suicide trip and killed a family of 4 right behind you, hit 'em head on."

My dad and his brothers all stood motionless and quiet and to this day all 4 of them can recount the occurrence exactly the same way.

We all believe they were spared because they are all fathers of 4+ families...that would have all been fatherless in one moment.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thank you for your post op. I had a "time slip" a few weeks ago. And the one thing that stood out was my girlfriend and I noticed each other just drifting off to sleep. When we awakened the resturaunt was closed! We were waiting in the drive through.

The first time slip we had was while my girlfriend and I were driving back from a gig. Somehow it took us 10 minutes instead of 20 minutes to get home.

I'm highly concerned about time slips because what if we are being abducted. Also what would cause one to shift back and forth through time while they are not aware?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow! Crazy story, and not surprisingly, there are others on ATS who have had similar experiences. This is what makes this site great. Without it, people like us who have had bizarre events like this happen would feel like we were losing touch with reality....

Ive shared this on here before, but in the alien forums because at the time I thought it might have been related to an "abduction" or something. I honestly dont know what happened:

My story happened a few years ago, I was living alone in an apartment. I had a nightly routine where after dinner, I would clean up my kitchen, do dishes etc...usually finishing up around 9pm, then would shower, and watch tv for a couple hours prior to hitting the hay. I had to be up for work each morning around 7am to be at work by 8.

The last thing I remembered was standing at my sink washing a dish, around 8 30pm. Suddenly I woke up on one of my couches, (which happened to be one that I never sat or layed on). I heard my alarm in my bedroom was going off, and it was bright outside! I jumped up and looked at the clock 9:30am!! I was already almost 2 hours late for work, I was wearing the same clothes as the day before, and had no idea how I just lost 12 hours of my life. I had not been drinking, or doing drugs, or taking any sleep medication of any kind.

It wasnt until later that night when I finally got home and took a shower, I noticed a perfectly straight scar directly under my left chest muscle. It looked to have been a fresh wound or incision that had been burned shut rather than sutured, or just scabbed up. It was red and had a dull grayish color around it. It was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, and to this day I am still at a loss for what happened that night. Nothing similar has ever happened since, and still have the scar.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have many odd things happen over the years when driving. There are times I would be driving then all of a sudden I feel as I lost time myself. Like I can't remember a few moments ago. It's a weird feeling.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I have had a number of incidents like this - but in reverse. I have been very late for something, and heavy traffic made me sure I would be horrifically late - so I "pushed" (mentally) and arrive 5 minutes early. Many times I have had this happen.

Ha ha I've done that mental time push before to. I was running late for work, I was speeding, but I knew speeding wouldn't even get me to work on time. So I began to concentrate on time warp speed. I know that sounds crazy but it worked and I arrived to work 5 minutes early.

This is all starting me to believe that time is but an illusion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pretty neat thread. I love these stories, even though I can offer no explanation.

I'm not sure if the following qualifies as a time slip but it was definitely strange, as were many events in my life at the time.

Back in the late 90s I accidentally slammed the face of my favorite watch into a wall or something, causing a thin, squiggly crack right down the middle. If I angled the watch to either side I could see the depth of the crack. Needless to say I was annoyed, knowing I'd have to take it in to have the crystal replaced. I remember showing it to a workmate when I was griping about it, and my partner at the time.

Days passed and because it wasn't actually obscuring the details on the face, other things got in the way and I delayed taking it in. Then maybe a week later - I forget exactly how much time passed - I happened to glance at the watch and realize with shock that the crack was no longer there. I turned it every possible angle to see if somehow the glass had slightly re-fused itself or something (?? - just a theory) but there was absolutely no evidence it had ever been cracked. I showed it to my partner and he was equally baffled, but being more rational than I, he assured me there must be a logical explanation. I never found one, and worse yet, the workmate never believed that I hadn't replaced it, which bugged me big time. I guess I can understand how genuine posters feel when they're accused of making stuff up. It's been over a decade, I haven't seen him since we worked together and don't even recall his name, yet part of me still feels uncomfortable that he thought I was trying to 'pull a fast one'.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't say if I ever had a time-slip for sure, but I did experience some weird events, nothing too weird though.
Sometimes when I think I'm going to be late I somehow arrive a lot earlier, even though I never speed. Once on an airplane my family say they don't recall when we began landing after we where told the plane was having trouble landing, and my son (14) asked if maybe we had died. (I know, it's weird that someone else had almost the same experience!)
And I usually check my watch and I have noticed sometimes minutes going backwards, though I might have just imagined it. For example, last month I looked at my watch and saw 9:32, then an hour later I looked and saw 9:27. Of course, I'm not 100% sure of this and I still think it must have been my mistake and I might have actually read 8:32 at first, though I was sure it was 9:32...
Sometimes I feel like I'm in a different dimension. Some colors seem brighter or darker and I notice little differences. A few times when I'm half asleep I feel that I have something very important to do, so I get up, I start feeling very nervous like something terrible will happen, but I try to ignore it. Last this happened I get a call from my sister telling me she was in a car accident.
I guess somethings are not explainable, the weirdest of all was when I was 15, my family was staying it Italy, it was 3am and all of the sudden the house starts shaking and blue lights flash outside. As soon as my dad gets to the door it all stops. We then see a tiny pale blue light out the window, so we all go out to see what happened. The blue light disapears when we get to the back of the house. I check my watch at this point and notice it's 3:10. We then take a little walk around the town. No one is awake wandering the streets but us, everything was silent and the water was completly still (we lived in a port town,) we continue walking for what seems like an hour, when we get back my dad asks the time, I look at my watch, it says 3:14, I just got really cold and silent when I noticed the time. So many years later I can't explain what happened. It wasn't an earthquake, otherwise the water would be moving. We didn't have the internet back then so we couldn't check if there was any earthquake activity, but I'm sure some people would be outside if they felt an earthquake.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
By the way, I find it very very interesting that so many of these slips seem to occur while in motion, specifically driving or flying. I wonder if there's something in that. Like literally a time/space continuum thing - moving through time and space makes you more vulnerable to shifts and slips than standing still? Food for thought. I'm heading out on a drive into the country now - will keep my senses primed and see if I observe anything interesting.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I had a few strange experiences myself. The first one was when I was abt 9 yrs old and in 1967 I was living in West Africa. One day I was playing catchers with other kids and we were racing across some flatland and jumping into little recesses in the field.As I was the tallest I easily outrun all the others and raced toward the next recess and just as I was abt to jump in I felt a hand on my shoulder and it starled me so that I stopped and approached the hole in the ground with caution. It proved to be an artesian well. Jumping into it would be fatal for me!!
The next strange thing that happened a few yrs later when our family was travelling inland taking the same road as always and we lost our way and went by a different road which was much longer and also in a bad shape full of potholes.
We were all very annoyed and tired and couldnt understand how we could miss the right road which we knew so well. On the next day we learned that in the town we always passed there was some uprising among the gold miners and several white people who passed that town were attacked and injured and killed.
In 1977 I travelled to Paris (1st time in my life) and there also I had a strange experience when I entered a small restaurant and even before enterring it I knew exactly what the place looked like. The only difference was that the furniture and draperies looked much older and worn for age.
Last year I travelled to Milan Italy for the first time in my life and I was so surprised to find myself so at home there being able to find my way around without a map.
Also and this is most recent I was waiting for my husband in a mall with my two daughters. He was supposed to pick us up. So we were sitting at a table and we all saw him enter and walk the other way. We waved but he took no notice.
So as he vanished in one of the stores I phoned him and asked him where are you going?
And he answered cmon Im just entering the car park and you can go to it if youre in a hurry. so we thought he was joking and run to the car park and there he was driving in. And what really makes this strange the three of us were really feeling disturbed by this incident.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

I've heard that when we die, we might have a choice to come back to a reality where we didn't die, if we want to. So yeah, you might have something there

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I would have alot of expeirences like this as a kid. I would always notice that a minute would pass after focusing or things for a long time or 10-15minutes would pass when to me it seemed like a few. I dont have much memory on the details sadly. Great post though OP, facinating subject.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Interesting story as it fits in with my contention that as we draw nearer to Dec 21 2012 we are going to begin witnessing reality totally unravel before our eyes. It will start off slow and isolated but soon we will all experience what you have described and more. I would advise everyone to pay very close attention to your reality and take note of things that don't add up rather than just writing it off as "coincidence" or "dream" or "Hallucination"

I wonder if that is the key - I believe that conscious observation combined with memories 'fixates' the current dimension down (so while your looking it doesn't change).

Then once you stop fixating (observing) and the memory of the event collapses (you forget) you are no free to observe the reality you would like to see.

Here is a simple thought experiment I tried, my GF tried and we both noticed the results. Simply take some part of your body that is aching, or sore, or something not quite right. Then while you move a finger or a hand or some part of your body (doesn't have to be the same one as the aching one) your going to make the conscious decision to observe the alternate universe where your joint or pain is greatly subsided. I did it and my joint pain disappears. I also tried it while driving through a fog bank and it seemed like the fog was think until I started doing focused dimensional shifting and it literally disappeared slowly around the van (psychology?)

The past couple days I have experimented with making conscious decisions to observe an alternate universe with different weather in the sky than the one currently observed. I would stop focusing on the current present weather (loose the fixation) and then just make the choice to observe an alternate universe which was an opposite of the current weather. Before 10 mins went by the very dark deep clouds had holes punctuated all through them, blue sky was cutting through all over. Within 1 1/2 hours the sky was completely clear! Two hours later it was all clouded again (after I stopped focusing)

Can somebody else out there try this thought experiment please?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XR500Final2

If you believe this, watch this and be astonded

Let me know if this rings true to you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Something that comes to mind when I read these posts is "time dilation", popularised by shows like Star Trek

What also comes to mind is the idea of relativity. We all know how an hour can seem like a second, and a second can seem like eternity. What about the saying, "time flies while you're having fun". This is obviously due to a persons state of mind at the time, and the emotions they experience.

I am at a loss to explain lost or gained time, but I do believe that extreme emotions can influence our perception of time. In my opinion, what is being explained by the op and others is something along the lines of a seperation of soul and body. This normally happens during sleep, but I wonder if it could happen under extreme cirumstances, or even in day to day situations when we just "switch off" or day dream.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The 3 time slips I recall; two where while walking and one was sitting down not moving.

The first one I remember happened in early 1980s. What was strange about this time slip is I never felt as if I lost any time, I remember walking and seeing the places move normally this was a 4-5 mile walk. What was strange is when I snapped back into this reality (lack of a better description) it was 10pm and I was still at the exact corner where I started my walk. I had not moved an inch. I always wondered what other people saw. Was I standing still for 5 hours? Why did it feel as if I was walking? I remember the sites I saw on that walk that somehow never happened.

The second event I remember happened as I was walking home from the bus stop a walk that normally took less than 1 minute lasted more than 3 hours. This is how it felt to me; I'm walking in full daylight (around 4:30pm that when I normally got home from work) and the next step the street lights are on and it's dark outside I got home it was 7:30pm

The one where I was sitting happened with a friend. We're sitting down to have our lunch, I ask him what time was, he said; “it's twelve ... two thirty”. Two and a half hours had passed in a second. It was noon when we sat down. He was more shocked than I was. What I remember is I had just taken a bite from my sandwich right after I ask what time it was when he finished talking (1/2 a second) I had a sandwich with a bite but no food in my mouth. My friend never wanted to even talk about this to this day.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The only thing I've ever had like this is going to sleep, I literally shut my eyes at night, in the dark, less than a second I opened them again, it was morning, and my room was lit with the sunlight.

That could easily be explained that I didn't dream, but I've never experienced it ever again, and I don't always dream, plus I wasn't stupidly tired.

I've been stupidly tired before and never experienced that.

So for me, an entire 8 hours maybe? vanished.

Very weird.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I believe these are ‘timefolds’. I too, had an experience like yours. Many years ago, I traveled with a friend up to Virginia City, Nevada. She was going to a rock and gem shop… to pick up a large crystal rock she was buying. We parked and walked down the main ‘tourist’ street of old buildings; holding gift shops, candy shops, and restaurants. As we passed one of the restaurants, I looked in and noticed several people sitting at tables and eating breakfast fare. We arrived at the rock shop and were told that the man selling the crystals wasn’t there yet… and would be coming in late. So, we decided to grab a meal while we were waiting. I suggested the restaurant that we passed earlier and we headed out to that building. When we got there, the building was vacant, dusty, and closed up. I explained in a confusing manner that I just saw several people eating inside a few minutes ago. Thank goodness, my friend believed in unexplained things and affirmed her belief in my sighting. At the time, neither of us had a clue as to what happened.

Years later, I heard of a similar situation being told by a Catholic Priest… no less. The encounter he witnessed shook him up so much, he began to pursue several outlets to understand. After he traveled to many universities, psychics, and alike… he came to the conclusion that sometimes we travel through tiny folds in time/energy. Mostly without any awareness of it happening. He also believed that this happens to most people, at least once, if not more in a lifetime. The only difference between someone like you and the rest… is the circumstance of the timefold.

The Priest told me that what he and I had experienced… weaved back into our current timeline of understanding… which brought up a ‘challenge’ to our perception. The Priest believed that most people witness a timefold… and may think it to be a bit odd... or not. Yet, the circumstance doesn’t have them going back for some reason... challenging the moment. If you didn’t see a differeint driver, you would have perceived the experience differently… without challenge to what you saw and heard.

All in all, you're not alone. Be well.

edit on 25-4-2011 by TumblinDice because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2011 by TumblinDice because: changed a few words

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
One more thing to add.. I get those brief unimportant future dreams. How do people dream of the future without living it? Perhaps it WAS lived and we went backwards in time and our subconscious remembered it. When 9/11 happened, there was so many people who had dreamed it..maybe there's a connection between all the dimension. I don't know lol thank you OP for your story, I haven't thought about this in a while

Your post struck a chord. This may be off topic to the OP, but I have what I call "pointless clairvoyances" where I'll have a brief dream or vision, or I'll have stupid song stuck in my head that I haven't heard in years and I'll think 'Why the hell do I have this song stuck in my head?". Then several days later the vision or dream will come to pass, or the obscure song I had in my head will be playing over the end credits of a movie I rented. It's only them that I realize that I had a clairvoyant moment in the days prior.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
are time slips similar to missing time? or are they both exactly the same thing and just different names?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join