It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

This topic is fascinating to me, enough to become a member, rather than a lurker, to join this discussion. I have not experienced, i don't think!, a time slip but I have an idea about it. As the world's consciousness is expanding and we're heading toward the end of the Mayan calender, we know Quantum physics tells us that as the Universe expands, as it's doing now, time (linear thinking) is coming to a close. At some point we will reach the point where time disappears and our consciousness takes us wherever we want to be. Here on our 3D world? Off to a 5D world? with our loved ones in 'heaven'? Maybe these experiences came about by you who have experienced it rather by than an angel or something else. It could possibly explain the aging dilemna, i.e. we are as old as we feel : > )
It's a brave new world and I am excited and honored to be here on earth at this time in it's history...and here reading these ever interesting topics.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeatSymphonic
If your wife reads this, she'll punch you dead in the face.

I agree..maybe you should be spending more time watching the road instead of daydreaming and checking out women.. Last thing you need is to be driving around like that and having a child in the car with you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

good point about many stories of driving. Driving can be so automatic, drivers can either be somewhat hypnotized and or daydream which can make the driver more susceptible to these time lapses. What it doesn't explain though is why passengers other than the driver have the same experience at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Long time reader, first post. This thread made me want to share a few experiences.

First remembered time slip was when I was 15 or 16, getting ready to leave with my family to go to dinner. My dad always told me in advance because it took me so long to get ready to go anywhere at that age so when he said let's go, it was 430 and he said be ready by 600..I had over an hour to get ready to leave ( hair, make-up, outfit etc). I walked into the bathroom and turned on my curling iron, walked back into my room and double checked the clock before I started on my makeup and the clock read 556. I remember just standing there staring at the clock, confused as hell, then hearing my dad holler at me to hurry up. I walked out into the hallway and he was standing at the door ready to leave! I freaked and told him I wasn't ready, to which he replied, too bad...I had over an hour to get it done!

Second time I was driving to Iowa to see my family. It was my first time up there and I had my sons in the car with me...my then 15 yo in the front seat. I called my dad to get final directions and he told me to watch for the next turnoff and go over the bridge. We were all excited and on the lookout for the turn off. We drove for about 20 minutes and never did see a turn off so I had my son start looking for mile markers to figure out where we were as there were no signs anywhere!!! The last sign we saw told us that a town was ahead of us 10 miles ( never saw a town) and that was when I spoke to my dad about the turn off. We were getting kind of spooked without any signs and I was about to pull off of the side of the road when my dad called me and asked where I was because I should have been there. I told him I didn't know and he stayed on the phone with me for the next few minutes when we finally saw a road sign. When I told him what the sign said ( I don't recall this info) he shouted at me and asked me why the hell I had gotten off the highway and not follow his directions!! Come to find out we were 60+ miles away from where we were supposed to be on another highway entirely, headed in the opposite direction. We never turned or changed highways via on ramp..and I argued this with my dad for a few minutes before turning around. My kids were freaked out, I was freaked out and to this day we 'joke' that aliens must have picked us up and transplanted us elsewhere. BTW, it only took us 15 minutes to get back to where we needed to be and the bridge was not something any of us would have missed, and we know that we didn't pass it before!

Last one here, but not the last one that happened...I was visiting my oldest son in his town about an hour away last year...when I left, I noticed that I would barely have enough time to pick up my younger kids as I hit the on ramp to the highway. It was going to be close as the drive typically took an hour and 10 mins if the traffic was not too bad. To make a long story short, I made that trip in 20 minutes and I never once went over 70 mph ( this stretch is a speed trap)....but the trip itself is over 75 miles away. I remember the entire drive and have NO idea how this impossibility ...was possible.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ying v yang

I get that a lot too. I always freeze and look around in awe as it happens and even a few times I was able to picture what was about to happen. Its so weird when it happens because I get kinda...tingly I guess and my eyes water a little. I Just assumed I had dreamed it since I get those. Never anything worthwhile though..

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by lbndhr

I am also a channeler and astral traveler with years of experience in various Tibetan Buddhist dream and meditation practices. To simply LOSE some time without being in the astral or having other feelings or memories is an odd idea to me.

Perhaps, then, what you experienced was an "astral slip", rather than a time slip..

Were you tired that day?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

But then what would happen to the subconscious or soul from the other dimension? Do they switch or join together? That's what I'm not getting..
edit on 25-4-2011 by innervision0730 because: fixed word

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I have had same experience twiceNot going in detail, i had two strange experiences, and i got crazy with the strange feeling of being some where else once and time escape once, later i found that itsFirst Stage of epilepsy

I am sure you wont be driving that time or your mind was pasting some one else(live) in that car and you were watching some one else, rahter than the one who was actually sitting in the car, In short its mental Malfunction, stay away from pain killers and prozac

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That was a great read. Thanks for sharing.
Do you see now that reality isn't so tangible? A glitch in the matrix is what you experienced[I hate to use that example, because it holds some eye rolling associations and differences, but it gets the point across] . Our universe is nothing but yin and yang, 1s and 0s, a twirling symphony of simplicity. It shares the essence of a computer, and like a computer, once in a great while, machine fault errors will occur. I must say, in our universe, human or in other words operator errors are much more likely; Perhaps, the same is true elsewhere in the undulating snake of existence and things beyond.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
This idea is just as plausible as "time slips" and "alternate universes" and other pseudo scientific hypotheses.

I think you're right, they could go hand-in-hand!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sounds like a glitch in the matrix to me..

Or your brain was tired and played tricks on you

Maybe it did not even happen at all and your inputting previous memories to fill in the details, since you said you did not think about it much at the time.. It happens more than you think..

This is no confirmed "time slip" , if you want a CONFIRMED one, take about 5-8g of mushrooms, then you will have one hell of a time slip & talk to aliens all in one night!

edit on 25-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
Sounds like a glitch in the matrix to me..

Or your brain was tired and played tricks on you

Maybe it did not even happen at all and your inputting previous memories to fill in the details, since you said you did not think about it much at the time.. It happens more than you think..

This is no confirmed "time slip" , if you want a CONFIRMED one, take about 5-8g of mushrooms, then you will have one hell of a time slip & talk to aliens all in one night!

edit on 25-4-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

You bring an important side note: Our brain simulates reality, the real reality can't be seen. It's just interpretation of signals. What you see is just brains interpretation, of the filtered information that comes through you sensors.

Like the native Americans didn't see Amerigos ships.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I would like to add that this thread made me think of an experience I had a week or so ago.

I had to be at work at 11am, and when I woke up and looked at the clock, it said 10:47 on the computer clock. So I jumped up out of bed, got dressed, and walked out the door. I was walking down the steps, and pulled out my phone to see how much time I had, and it said 9:23. So I stopped, opened it and closed it again(because sometimes my phone freezes and it takes a second to update the time) and still the same thing. So I walked back in the house, and looked at the computer clock again, and it said 9:25. So rather than losing time, I gained a little over an hour.

I thought it was really strange, but I wrote it off as still being half asleep when I looked at the clock. Later though, when I went to work, I [apparently] imagined this girl I work with making a strange comment to me, and I even remember responding to it. But when I brought it up again 20 minutes later, she didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about, and neither did anyone else.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

"This is no confirmed "time slip" , if you want a CONFIRMED one, take about 5-8g of mushrooms, then you will have one hell of a time slip & talk to aliens all in one night!"

Ha very true the instance i wrote about a page back was due to the fact that we were under the influence of those, I just didn't mention it because i feared people would write it off due to that fact. What was interesting to me is that there was three of us and we had a shared hallucination and to me that is truly fascinating. One other instance under the influence of the same substance was when my friend mentioned the matrix and all of a sudden my mind went somewhere and i saw these figures that were very happy to see me then started laughing and at the end said reboot and i came back into myself it was very strange.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
u got abducted man.... and ill elaborate...

you said that the first thing that happend in the lapse was a white blazer with a decent lookin woman in it
then u felt that gravitational pull.... well right there explains it because as soon as u looked again u said it seemd like the blazer flew off at 150 to 200 miles per hour which is almost impossible for a blazer to do... then another exact same one came up... i think that the first one was just what they wanted you to see and when you saw the second one which in fact was the REAL blazer then

now for your daughter...shes 3 so shes not THAT aware of how things work im not sure how smart she is but im taking an educated guess.... now because shes 3 she couldnt interpret why things happened the way they did and because you had a time lapse u may really have left the car for a couple min.... thats y ur sunglasses were off and put back a different way because you didnt do it.... you said she also asked if you were gonna pick her up and if you would leave her and i think she asked that because she actually witnessd you leaving the car and comming bacjk and thats what must have gottten her spooked but at her age she didnt question it because ur still learning and somethings todlers leave unquestioned because they think its normal...

so heres my theorized timeline

- driving on road and notice blazer
- they stop time take you from your car
- they put you back
- they leave (white blazer speeding by at incredible speed)
- you see same blazer sitting there (because it never really left the one you saw wasnt ACTUALLY a blazer)
- your daughter saw enough to make her question something you said yourself it was strange

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'll add an odd experience, though I had no way to document any time loss.

It was during a senior high school assembly in our gym. The assembly was underway and everyone was talking loud, and so my friend and I were talking loud as well. The lights were off in the gym as well. During that time, my friend and I were engaged in a conversation while not really paying attention to what was going on - when all of a sudden the entire room fell silent in less than a second. Every person in the gym went silent and only my friend and I were talking, in which we noticed immediately. We stopped talking asked each other what the hell just happened, and then everyone started talking again as if nothing happened. It was as if "time stopped" for a second or two and continued on. Like I said, it was a strange event. I still to this day have no idea how the entire assembly fell silent in an instant.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Or, there could be two identical white blazers that happened to be on the road at the same time, and you may not have put your sunglasses on like you thought, and you may not have remembered the time exactly right upon your departure, etc.

There are a lot of "what ifs" to conclusively decide you took a 9 minute time slip.

Doesn't mean it wasn't, but you have to look at all of the other possibilities, and see what's more plausible.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The universe is putting you in the proper universe that you belong. It tries to make up for it by making the place appear as similar as you could remember it. However, this time it got caught red-handed by your vigilant mind. A similar thing happened to me last year when Australia changed its geographical shape and added a spike to its upper right side. Everybody in this universe claimed that it was always that way, bringing up maps from centuries ago as evidence. But I and several others insisted that the timeline has shifted (time slip). I don't know if I went to a better or worse place. I have always been a depressed guy so maybe the universe thought, "you should come to a depressed place, that's where you belong". Funny how it thinks.

Come to think of this topic, maybe the universe isn't what we think it is. If the creator can make a mistake (allow you to notice divine intervention), maybe it is not a perfect being. Maybe it isn't a being at all. I have heard time and again how this reality could all just be an illusion. Remember the Matrix? We could be dreaming this whole time with our real bodies elsewhere. Or the entire universe could be one elaborate computer program similar to a video game where the characters believe they exist when in actuality the player only has to turn off the console. We could be test subjects in a grand experiment to research the experimenter's creative potential and/or the nature of sentient beings under limitless conditions.

Just a thought. : P

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290

Come to think of this topic, maybe the universe isn't what we think it is. If the creator can make a mistake (allow you to notice divine intervention), maybe it is not a perfect being. Maybe it isn't a being at all. I have heard time and again how this reality could all just be an illusion.

Or maybe each one of us is creating reality.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
thats insane eh ... dont even know what to say except # is getting crazy in the world and i wouldnt doubt there would be little time slips thsat some people will catch .. maybe time slips in individual lives... or you caught yourself going into a parrellell universe ... parrellell life .. you synced up with it . but you cauahgt the flicker effect

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join