It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Very interesting thread - I love reading all the differing opinions offered.

As for my experience & opinion, I have been waiting for several years for this to be an increasing observation. This is because several well-known metaphysical teachers have spoken of it - and I have experienced some examples of this phenomena so I think I understand a bit of the experience, at least as it happened to me.

The same metaphysical teachers have written about other elements of our dimensional experience that I have later come to experience directly for myself. So while I have no personal "knowing" of the core elements of this phenomena, almost all theories involve some type of "bleedover" between dimensions, realities, lives, etc.

So I would recommend you use this experience to lead you in a positive direction - and make sure you don't fall into the trap of trying to convince a skeptic to validate your experience.

Thank your post and the interesting discussion.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

So I would recommend you use this experience to lead you in a positive direction - and make sure you don't fall into the trap of trying to convince a skeptic to validate your experience.

Thank your post and the interesting discussion.

I would suggest that, for their universe - their right, and for yours - so are you! Wether you believe or not, the universe shapes itself around that belief, I mean really what exactly are we? Were nothing more than quanta of energy observing quantas of energy (the universe around us, our 'reality')

I have been noticing lots of slips all over the place. At first you think its 'your mind' but in time as I came to understand I was simply a dimensional traveller observing endless dimensions in the multiverse it because easy to make sense of it all.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by visitor76
My thought is that from the lights to the point of the accident I DON"T REMEMBER.

Perfectly normal, very common.
Memory loss in a situation like this isnt anything to be worried about. Its just a weird brain thing.
For a more extreme case, take Zanardi's accident...
Zanardi
...he's lost almost all memory the whole whole day, and nothing whatsoever of the hour leading up to the accident.

Your accident is abviously only a tiny fraction as bad, which is probably why you've only lost a tiny fraction of the memory leading up to it.

Sorry, there are no guardian angels here.

Wikipedia entry...
Retrograde amnesia

If you really read about this condition, they are only theorizing the cause. Perhaps in very bad situations, we can just press fast forward on our reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You say you "glanced at the clock as I was leaving the appointment location" and then when you arrived that you were "9 minutes late".

It seems you were using two different sources for time, is it possible that one or both of them could be wrong or out of sync? If you said it was your watch you used to check the time this would be more odd to me, but since you used different time sources the first thing I would suspect is that one of those sources was wrong. Of course this does not explain the other things you experienced, just a thought.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Autowrench that was an amazing story! Is that where you got the inspiration for your avatar?

My story occurred nearly 30 years ago. I was having a birthday party and had invited some school friends to our farm. We had an old step-through ex Postman's motorbike and I was doubling one of my friends on it. I was showing off and going too fast down the road and crossed a grid (we call them ramps in Oz) which caused the steering to skew off and I was now heading quickly toward a ditch. I knew that if I corrected as hard as I could I would probably hit the ditch side on and risk rolling the bike, so I decided to just hit it front on. I expected this course of action would get us thrown but leave us relatively unharmed (ever the optimist) and shut my eyes waiting for impact. A couple of seconds passed and I was wondering why we hadn't hit yet. Opened my eyes and we were travelling down the centre of the road. There is no way even if I had steered as hard as I could that I could have made this correction! This is just one of several events that have convinced me that someone is looking after me!

I also have had an episode of dreaming of future events. I dreamed that I won some money at the local club and one of the staff there called in at my house to inform me. About a month later I was playing the pokies (slots) and put a Keno entry on. The pokies were crap so I walked out with my Keno entry games still playing, would check them next time I was at the club. That afternoon I answered a knock at my door to see a club employee who I recognised and immediately knew before she spoke a word what she was going to say. Exactly that employee knocking on my door to inform me that I had won Keno was precisely what I had dreamed. In the dream I was excited, but didn't know how much I'd won. It was $25,000.

I too have had different recollections from other people - who I'm sure shared these events with me, but just put it down to losing my mind. This also reminds me of another thread here on ATS about a year ago where some people could remember celebrities that had passed on, only to find they were still alive. Can anyone else remember that thread?

Also had a dream where I was taken into space, remember passing certain recognisable planets within our solar system and then turning away past another couple of planets I didn't recognise. Landed on a planet where I was given a tour and the plants and flowers on this planet were STUNNING. So vivid were their colours. Ever since this dream though I can now perceive colours much more vividly especially reds and greens.
edit on 25-4-2011 by heffo7 because: clarity

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I had a similar experience while driving to my grandmas house. Her house it 4.3 miles away and normally takes 7 minutes to get there. I

I left my house at 3:00pm and pulled up at the stoplight, all the sudden I pull up in my grandmas driveway and felt a little weird. I looked at the clock and the clock said it was 3:28pm. I do not remember anything at all. I just remember driving to the stop light and then arriving in my grandmas driveway. I lost 28 minutes of time, or I spaced out for 28 minutes or time really did slow down or time jumped really fast. I still to this day do not remember anything.

Could someone maybe explain to me what might have happened to me or what happened with the time?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I've had time slips in the past. Not one "real bad" in a while though.

They were all in a roughly 25mile radius.

I used to have them occasionally when I would cross a local Lake. You would be going along and then BAM! Your on the other side! 3miles of bridge.....gone. I've talked to several people and they had similiar events in the same area.

Another incident (didnt happen to me...thankfully) was a rash of big rig wrecks at a small couple of bridges on the highway near my old home. For several weeks, the rigs would just wipe out. It was a straight shot. Nothing to bother visibility. This bridge has had several wrecks happen over the years.

The weirdest one that happened to me was one night I was coming home. Coming off of the highway, you had a choice of 3 exits a few miles apart.

I chose the second one.

I was going along waiting for the second exit...then I found myself approaching the first again. I blew it off as just maybe being tired (I wasnt). I once again approached the second exit. ZING! Back to the first.

This time I was a little confused. I once more did it being very mindfull. I approached the 2nd. Back to the first.

I decided that for some reason, i should take the first and did so. Made it home.

That was real weird.

My home town area has some strange energy zones.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Another memory of a possible 'time slip' just came to mind. I've always tried to dismiss the idea of the paranormal in this case, maybe for my own sanity, but nothing else explains it.

I live on a tiny tropical island where I've spent more than half my life. Back around 1992 I had just returned from college when my mom and I resumed our usual weekend drives around the countryside. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and even though it was all too familiar by then, we still enjoyed the trips out, usually ending up on the rustic east coast, watching the waves roll in.

One Sunday we decided to deviate from the main routes and go "off road", turning into side roads to see where they would lead. Now, the island is less than 170 square miles in area, so there's not a lot of deviating to do without ending up on someone's private property. We drove around looking for something new to explore, and while on an often traveled route we spotted a side road we'd never noticed before. Mom turned into it and we were surprised to find that it went downhill, and was very steep. The steepness peaked our curiosity because the island is remarkably flat, and the few relatively steep places are legendary. I don't remember what was on either side of our path, but we were unable to see too far ahead because of the way the road bent. I remember the grass was dry and yellowish, but I don't actually remember the trees.

The road seemed to go on forever, down, down, down, and a strange sense of panic crept in and settled over us. It was the middle of the day, yet there was something ominous about this mysterious road. Nothing either of us could put a finger on - our senses were heightened without an obvious threat.

When it seemed like it would never end and Mom was wondering aloud if she could turn the car around in the narrow area afforded us, we suddenly came out of a turn and found ourselves facing a clearing, at the end of which was an 'old' house. It wasn't old as in dilapidated - it simply looked like it was from a bygone era. I can't speak for Mom, but I just got a sense of it being out of place, even though there was nothing particularly dated about the architecture. Even now I get chills typing this. There are plenty of old plantation houses around the island, but something about this was offhandedly striking. Even though the scene was entirely serene, something felt wrong. Mom turned the car around and prepared for the long drive back up, and we were again surprised when we turned onto the main road almost immediately. Shouldn't the drive uphill have taken longer than the trip down???

We didn't discuss it much at the time except to say it was spooky, but the following weekend we decided to return, probably just to prove there was nothing that spooky about it. Needless to say, we couldn't find the road, nor did we ever. Mom died a couple years later and I may have given up, but my love for those weekend drives followed me into subsequent relationships. I spent many, many weekends over the years searching for that road. In the last decade many of my close friends have been rally drivers or rally enthusiasts - guys who know all the lesser known routes in the area, out of necessity (one of the most popular rally stages is in that very area) - and not one of them has ever heard of the road I described, nor the house at the end.

To this day I don't know what to think about that encounter. In a larger country I could believe we were mistaken about our location, or even in a foreign place I merely visited over a period of time, but somewhere so small, so close and so accessible? It seems impossible that the place we saw exists here in this timeline.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Very interesting story.

Is there any way to confirm that the clock you looked at at the start was not slow?

Any chance that the car you saw the second time was just a very similar looking car?

I once noticed that when I got on a plane my watch (back when we all had such things) was exactly on time compared to all the clocks at my starting location. After landing, I noticed that it was 8 minutes out. However, I can't rule out that the pressure differences it experienced on the plane made it run slow or fast or something like that. It was a very long plane ride. I also wasn't expecting it to happen, so didn't investigate it carefully enough at the time.

Other times I appear to have gotten the day of the week mixed up. But in all such cases I can't rule out that I actually slept for 36 hours straight or just forgot what day it was.

This evening I looked at my clock and it was 3:30 am. Shortly after I looked and it was 1:30 am. Even at this moment it is only 2:47 am. I don't have an explanation. But nor can I rule out the possibility that I misread the clock the first time.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have experienced slips as well. I have 'not remembered' how I got home many times while driving. I know a lot of folks chalk this up to "zoning out" or going on "auto pilot". But with children in the car I always stay very alert. I pull into the driveway and can not recall how I got there, which direction I took, or and scenery seen along the way.

Most of us have a pretty good feeling of time as it passes. What I mean by that is when we lay down or close our eyes we can generally estimate how much time has elapsed since we last took notice. There have been many times when I would lay down to just doze for 20 minutes, lay there for what felt like hours only to see 5 minutes had passed. The opposite has happened as well. Close my eyes for 10 minutes and it was actually 4 hours later on the clock. This is not when I am sleeping, just when I try to sneak in a cat nap, kind of asleep but aware that you aren't asleep.

I also experience strong deja vu a lot and have since before I even knew what it was called. Usually silly things. Maybe certain things a person says and it flashes in my mind in a dreamlike way that I have "dreamed/seen/experienced" this before. It still freaks me out even though it occurs frequently. It kind of throws me off kilter momentarily.

The other posters are correct that most of us just wrote it off as coincidence. I could do that if it happened a lot less than it does. As it is, I tend not to share these thoughts/happenings with anyone to avoid the awkwardness of others looking at you like a lunatic.

I am glad to see others experience the same stuff. Maybe one day we can figure out what is actually occuring during these slips.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Most people that have been in an auto accident, can tell you that it is like time stopped. In our reality we think that Time is a constant thing. Well, it is not a constant. Time has absolutely nothing to do with a clock. We try to measure it by the minute hand and hour hand, not even feeling that it is not the measure we experience. We are told that we live in a three dimensional world, NOT...

Time is another dimension and has nothing to do with a clock. For anyone that has ever been in a automobile accident can tell you, there is a moment that time just STOPPED. Like some kind of Freeze Frame. This is going to be hard to realize, but what happens is that anytime your physical body comes close to death it gives you a chance to get out before the pain. I use to get so upset at the images of children dieing of starvation. But when you look into their eyes they are already gone. Their brief live is just to let us know, and teach us that we are ONE, and if you don't get that then you are Lost. You are not here to Judge this World, this World will Judge you.

Time is the biggest Joker of all, for the young a year is forever, for the old it is gone too fast.

The only to defeat Time is to make it "Irrelevant". It is a mind thing, And to let you know the score. Our Past, and Present and Future is already a Film Motion Projection in the CAN. So just lay back and go with the Flow.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I thought I would quickly share a experiene I had that still troubles me a bit. I am epileptic, so having seizures and losing time is nothing really new to me, but on one occasion I was "transfered" to a different reality and time all together. Maybe it was my subconcious taking over, and it was a defense system for my brain to go into another "safer" place, but I dont think so. Something else happened for sure. I was in another place pysically, and it seemed familiar, but not really known to me, and the strangest thing was my sister and her boyfreind where there (my sister and her boyfreind were several hundred miles away), and oddly enough everything seemed to be life as usual during this time. My wife and I were getting ready for bed when this seizure struck and it was the longest seizure I have had as of now...over 10 minutes long. Probably should of been fatal according to the emergency room attending doctor, but that would be another story. I have always put this off as another siezure with some odd circumstances, truely though, I know that I was in a place and time that could only be something real, and something we are all just coming to know in these times. Anyway, thats my story, and as someone realitively new to ATS and the whole conept, I consider this a privillage to share...kind of always wanted to tell someone about it!

J.C.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sorry in advance, but I can't get the entire text below to be quoted for some reason, but it is from the latest channeling by Blossom Goodchild with the Galactic Federation of Light. I was reading this thread at the same time as I was reading the below channeling, and the Federation seems to be saying that these events will occur for people, because it is their consciousness connecting up and molding with a consciuosness of yourself that exists in another dimension, and I think they are saying this is what Ascention is. Tell me what you think, but I put the most important parts below. The bolded parts are the Federation, the non-bolded are Blossom. I know a lot of people think she's a fake, but this seems to fit with what people are experiencing, so I found it very interesting. The entire channeling can be seen here: www.blossomgoodchild.com...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating ... is that not what you say? It is not long now before the gateways shall become apparent to those who are ready to step beyond.

Beyond what?

Beyond the boundaries that have held you back. The chains that have restricted your BEINGS from expanding into the unknown are melting away . They have no choice in the matter. Beyond that which you are aware of now ... lies a world that you already reside upon. This world is the one which you are to bring forth ... into your reality of NOW ... it is you that will bring yourselves into the place that you are already in ... and yet you do not know it.

So ... you are saying that the NEW WORLD you speak of ... that we are Ascending into ... is already in existence and we are already living in it?

This is so . The more advanced state of your BEING is preparing your present state of BEING to become its Higher state. It is infiltrating this Higher energy to you from the Higher place of the individual self. So we would ask of you to accept this gift from self. The more you recognize this as Truth and FEEL it ... the more the Higher part of yourself is able to blend with the part of you that you 'think' exists on your planet at this time.

'think exists'?

Precisely . For well have you learned that what you think ... is.

So, is it that you are asking us to 'think' ourselves into our newer form?

Think and KNOW that it is you. IMAGINE. VISUALISE. BECOME.

Allow the greatest part of your understanding to lure you ... through LOVE ... into your next phase of BEING. For it is of the most magnificent display of that which you know as 'life'. Is it not so that some are of concern regarding the extent to which their life is considered to be fully led? We say to you in absolute certainty that for those who choose to BE their self ... to all those who have walked across The Bridge in faith ... you will encounter a brilliance of Light that is to be your way of living. Within that Light shall you reside and KNOW that who you are is LOVE. There can be no underestimation of the FEELING within this new plain.

And tell me, will we remember the 'we/us' that we are now? The questions we had ... the doubts ... the ... everything about us NOW? Will we look back and laugh at our insecurities.? Will we look back and be proud of 'how we made it through'?

It will appear as if in a dream to some. In your experience in the place that your soul is sitting at this time, it is often that when one awakens in the morning they can only recall 'snippets' of a dream they had the previous night. It shall be like this for some. For others ... as in your sleep states now ... there shall be no recollection ... and yet for a great many ... much shall be recalled. For it is ... that memories of what once was ... shall never TRULY be forgotten, in order to keep that which is of the most pure in that state of bliss ... and not to let the demise that has befallen your beautiful Earth to ever take place again. We would say that according to records ... it has served it's time ... this downfall. Lessons of great magnitude have been taught and grasped. Throughout your history it has been judged that accepted demises have served well. This for some, may seem a little 'off the mark' to remark upon in such a way. Yet do you not now KNOW that ALL things take place for a reason? ALL THINGS. Everything that has ever been thought ... let alone acted upon ... has been for a reason.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
By the way, some scientists have carefully investigated the subject of the experience of time. An interesting fact is that when adrenaline rushes, your experience of time does in fact change.

This was proven with the following experiment. A small LED display was set up, flashing random numbers way too fast for the subject to read, but with one number flashing up repeatedly. The flashing was so rapid that this number couldn't be picked out from the noise of the random numbers.

They then hoisted the subject up a tower above a giant net. They strapped the flashing LED device to their face so they could always see the display, then suddenly dropped them a few stories through air to be caught by the net.

The whole experience of being dropped of course caused a massive adrenaline rush. When they came back down from the net, they asked the person whether they had been able to make out the numbers. More often than not when the experiment was run, the person could read the numbers perfectly when falling. This shows that our perception of time really changes dramatically when under sudden stress.

A family member of mine was once hit by a car. They report time slowed down almost to a stop when they were hit. What happened in a fraction of a second seemed like half a minute, and they report feeling like they were thrown out of their body with the force.

By the way, I strongly recommend NOT being hypnotised to get information about the missing time. It has been proven through careful study that the memories gained this way are false memories. It is possible for a skilled person to plant whatever memories they want. But in general, the memories can be false. If you do not want to carry around false memories for the rest of your life, don't do it.

Some specific instances of where this has happened include allegations of childhood molestation by parents. In some cases, subjects have been left with false memories of being sexually abused by a father who they had never previously suspected of abusing them. And in fact, that is because the father did not. This was established in some cases to be absolutely incontrovertible fact. Unfortunately, the person who was hypnotised had to live with the false memories of abuse for many years and eventually learn to accept that the painful memories they had were not real. It's unfortunate that this kind of information is not more widely known. I don't know why it is not. But these cases are extremely well documented. You should be able to find information on them yourself if you search on Google.

I don't have an opinion on hypnotism in general. I'm not completely sure what it is. I mean, I've seen it done, and I know what happens. I just don't understand what it is physiologically/spiritually, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I don't know how relevant this is, because I didn't perceive losing any time, but here goes...

Last September was probably one of the worst times in my life. I lost the man of my dreams and my job in the span of two days. I ended up in the ER for chest pains. The Dr. prescribed me 20 Vicodin and 20 2mg Xanax bars. The night I went home I took all 40 pills and washed it down with a bottle of wine. I woke up on the kitchen floor several hours (days?) later with a bump on my head and the horrifying realization what I had done. My roommate was out of town so I was all alone for the next week, wondering if I was dead. When he came back he got a notice in the mail that the property maintenance company was remodeling all of the units, starting with his, and that we would need to move to another apt while the renovations took place. So we packed up all of our stuff and moved out, and two weeks later we came back to an entirely different apartment.

And I thought about it, if I really was found dead in his apartment, he most definitely would have packed all of his stuff and moved, and they also would have renovated the apartment given the circumstances. I still wonder if I'm a ghost interacting with memories of the people I knew, or if I got moved to a parallel dimension. I do know one thing, there's no reasonable explanation why I'm still alive. And yes, ever since that happened, inside I have felt 'different' like everything completely changed and yet somehow stayed the same. When I read this thread I was stunned, to say the least.

edit on 25-4-2011 by iamlysa because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've been a lurker on here, first time posting but needed to tell my stories, there are actually three things in my life that happened that I can't explain. The first one happened when I was arriving home from work, I have a complete view of the my driveway for about a quarter mile till I pull into it. So I notice from that far away that my wife is not home yet. she parks her car adjacent to the side entrance door of my house, where she parks her car is no more than 5 feet from the side of the door, I park on the right side of her. So I have to walk around her car to get into the side basement entrance. But that day I did not have to walk around it, she was not home yet, and I wondered If she was ok, and was going to call her cell when I upstairs since her and my son are usually home before me.

I entered the side door and I hear someone start running from above me towards the other end of the house, Like I had startled someone who had broken in. I did not want to confront the intruder so I turned around to go back through the side exit and my wife's car was right in front of me I ran out the door to tell her someone was in our house, I flung her car door open and there was nobody in the car. Where did she go I wondered I just opened the door turned around and her car was there, I had adrenalin racing and thought she might have went to the back entrance but there was no way she could have pulled into that spot and went around the side of the house in that time frame. So I ran around the side of the house and to the back entrance, I ran up the stairs and into the back door. To my surprise my wife was cooking in the kitchen and my son was playing a video game.

I just stood staring at her, I asked how long have you been home? she said 30 mins. I explained what had happened as I was very shaken by this. She said you just didn't notice my car there. It was NOT there. This happened 5 years ago seems just like yesterday.

And it happened again about 3 months later, This time my son was with me. We had got home and he asked where mom was as we pulled into the driveway, I said I didn't know. We got out of my car and we both walked right past where her car would be, If it were parked in the driveway. We both go upstairs and theres my wife watching tv. My son said your home? I asked her, Wheres your car? she said its in the driveway. Me and my look at each other and I remember the look of complete disbelieve on his face. We both walk downstairs and her car was right in her spot. We just stood there in disbelief.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeDoBelieve

Wow, amazing stuff! You said three stories, what's the other one presuming you just told two then?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XR500Final2

I also believe that each "individual" consciousness experiences their own unique truth - very well put!

Thanks for adding your comments

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I believe that if you veer off the beaten path the simulation matrix or whatever has a difficult time adjusting to the spontaneity. Similar to Daisyglaze though not as weird, if you make a wrong turn or unexpected happening, time-shifts or reality glitches can occur. I posted a similar experience on another thread but it bears relevance here;

Now I don't know whether my situation classifies as a time-slip or not but here's my story: My brother and I are avid golfers and took a day-trip to a golf course 45 minutes away to another town. On the way home there is a town (5 minutes out from our city) with a new development and a golf course that was slated to open last season but was delayed for a year to establish the seed more thouroghly. I piped up and said "let's go check out the new course and see what it looks like." So we meander through some unfamiliar new suburbish type crescents (as they are called in our parts) to get to this new golf course. Amidst conversation and an unfamiliar route we turn down a crescent that appears to be a dead end or loop. We see an old man walking down his driveway to unlock his car (presumably to get in and drive), a woman jogging on the left, and just a bit farther down we let a father and his son riding bicycles cut in front of us toward a pathway (or catwalk) and they head down toward some park. Now we are still conversing about which way we should go and I absentmindedly turn down the same crescent we just were on, effectively going in a circle. What do we see when we go down that same street we just passed 2 minutes ago? We see that old man walking down to his car exactly how he had previously. That same woman jogging in the exact same spot (did she stop to tie her shoes??) and the kicker was the father and son cutting in front of us to go down that exact same pathway that we saw them go down just 2-3 minutes earlier. I casually say to my bro "hmm, a glitch in the system", but he is flabbergasted at the scenario. I have had many oddities of that nature happen before but he seemed floored by the experience. We still laugh about that to this day and I think it's a neat thing to share. I'm just glad he witnessed it too so I know I'm not completely off my rocker.

signature:

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join