It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+85 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think I've had several time slips in my life but never paid much attention because they weren't scientifically provable (enough) for me to think it was anything but not paying attention... but the other day I lost about 10 minutes of time on a short drive where I was paying attention the the time, daughter acted weird, saw some things that were out of the ordinary... here's the story.

I had dropped my wife off for a 9 am appointment, and was bringing my daughter to 9 am dance class. I glanced at the clock as I was leaving the appointment location and noticed it was 8:54; I distinctly noticed, "Cool, we still have 6 minutes" to get my daughter to dance class. The class is only 2 miles away in one single straight road, has some stop lights and I made 4 green and 2 red that day.

I was driving and happened to notice an attractive woman in a white blazer in the lane next to me as I was approaching a stop light, about 200 yards away.

Here's where it gets strange....

I recall a strange feeling like gravity pulling my head back then a lapse for a small split second, didn't even think much of it... until the white blazer zipped past me at what looked like 150-200 MPH it seemed imiginary .... I was still heading up to the stop light, and when I glanced over to see the still next to me white blazer (and be a typical man
) and check out the woman in the blazer... it wasn't her! It was a totally different person - different race. I was slightly confused but didn't really "question reality", just thought it was odd that in that short time with no turn-offs two white blazers switched positions on the road - the one that had been driving next to me at the same speed suddenly bolted off at incredible speed and another similar car took her place.

I wouldn't have even had a second thought about the matter except that my daughter was exceptionally quiet (she is a talker!). We're very in tune and feel each others' emotions extremely well, so much so that I recognized without looking that she had an exceptional quiet and stillness. I looked back and asked if everything was alright and she just had this glazed look in her eyes. I asked again if she was alright and she just said (about dance class) "Are you gonna pick me up?"... "Are you gonna leave me at dance class?"

This was really bizarre! My daughter is a daddy's girl and we have an awesome relationship and trust... she knows I would NEVER leave her there and not pick her up, EVER! It has never happened and I always arrive early to see the last few minutes of class.

So we arrive at dance class at what should have been exactly on time, but we weren't.... we were 9 minutes late! It was 9:09 and so took us 15 minutes to drive 2 miles, hitting only 2 red lights, and averaging around 50 MPH. I went back today to measure the route and time it, again we hit 2 red lights and it took 4 1/2 minutes. The route is 2.4 miles.

One final oddity... my sun glasses were off, and I'm pretty sure I had them on because we were driving right into the sun and I ALWAYS wear them in the car. When I went to put them on, they were backwards in the holder. (They can't change by themselves, it's a small glasses holder that fits right and I've never once found them backwards.

So that's about it... I asked my daughter if she remembers anything weird but she didn't. As a side note, she's three years old.

I can't think of anyway this could be anything else but some sort of slip. It happened while I was driving, slowing down to stop at a light, and somehow I lost about 9 or 10 minutes of life with no explanation.

+29 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I had a similar experience,
while driving one night with my 13 year old son a car overtook us really fast in the lane next to us and was just about to slam in to the car in front of it. it would have started a chain reaction and no doubt as i was right next to the cars we would have been caught up in the mayhem.
but as quick as it all started to happen the two cars weren't there and another totally different car was in their place..
i went quite for a minute,, and then turned to my son thinking it was all in my head..
i said to him.."did you see that?".. he looked at me, went pale and said "you mean it actually happened..?"
we drove home with out saying another thing
so while mine wasnt exactly a time slip it was a spatial slip..
edit on 24-4-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think of this.
What would the other drivers see? You and daughter sitting there frozen in time blocking a red light? When you "came around" there was no one beeping you wondering why you aren't going anywhere? Or do I just not understand how a time slip works? (I've only read about it once)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

my understanding of a time slip, could mean that for a period you exsisted out side of this time space, and upon reinsertion into this time space steam, the time you left and the time you entered dont match up.. it could be that you have entered a new space time on reinsertion, which would explain why people dont seem the same, because they arent.. you actually left one universe and entered another..
or it could ppear to others around the car that you just appeared out of no where on reinsertion, but there mind wouldnt process it like that, because they "know " it couldnt happen, they would just think they had a case of deja vu or were looking the other way and thought they saw it happen..
our mind works tricks like this all the time.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree with Sprocket2cog on this.

I've only read about them a few times and never knew if it was real.

I assume that at the time we "came back" if someone saw it first hand they'd simply ignore it and their mind would fill in something that made sense.

I almost ignored the women and cars changing place, and would have never thought about it again if it hadn't been for all the other details and specific times involved.

+85 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is a totally wierd idea, but I thought about it when I read your account, as well as the other poster, who talked of a similar event, in which they were heading for a potential accident when the "slip" happened?

Me and my family have had such events happen twice, one in which we lost two hours, one which was approx. 10 minutes. In the second one, we were on a plane, that started to have trouble coming onto landing. Everyone was panicking. Then "bloop" it was quiet and we were landing normally. My son and I (he was 17 at the time) looked at each other and asked each other if we dreamed what just happened? What DID just happen? When did the problems smooth out and everyone calm down? We didn't see the transition, either of us.

When the plane came to a stop, he said, "Mom, I think we died." And we began to explore the possibility that perhaps, we don't ever experience dying! Perhaps our consciousness just steps out before a trauma and moves to an alternate universe or reality, so similar to the one we were in, we don't know what happened. Even in an alternate reality, everyone we know could have "dopplegangers" that we continue our relations with - even if one version of them is crying for our loss in another!

The other time it happened, we drove into a sudden wall of fog, so it could have been possible we hit another car or something.

I'm not saying I believe this to be true, I don't have any beliefs, but the hypothesis has always intrigued me since then! How many times could I have died and not know it??

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

S&F for making this thread. Not only do I read there are others with oddly weird experiences, so here is a brief version of 2 occurances in a 1 month time. First one Myself and my sister we are ages 37 and 35 at the time the year is 1999, we are in El Paso at a J.C. Pennys which has 2 levels, womans on top, escalator up escalator down. shop go to the escalator kinda lean on the edge while going down facing each other, step off the escalator, we are on top floor as if we never got onto the escalator, know for us to have chatted so deeply to each other, get off the escalator walk all away around the bottom floor to the up escalator get on it, get off on top walk all away around the top floor back to the down escalator without realizing what we was doing , it dint happen that way, we both were so scarred because the only way down was this escalator , so after many times aroudn the top floor we decided to head back down, me facing upward her facing dwonward to insure we got to the bottom floor, my sister was so scarred she began crying when i said to her, I want to talk to security and ask if we can view the cameras, she said no they will think we are crazy, i said well if we dont ask we wont know what they would say, she cried harder i agreed to leave with her. vry impacting experice.
second, about 3 or 4 weeks later I was driving from las cruces new mexico to las vegas nevada to visit family, I had driven this route many times, it is a 10 to 11 hour drive. on this hot a blistery day myself my oldest son at the time was 17, my daughter age 11 were driving in our van and it was running hot so we drove even slower then normal stopping a few extra times to let it cool dwon, it was weird because it was brand new van and this never again happen for the records. anyhow we started noticing time was nto right about 100 miles into this trip, we was driving about 55 miles per hour and did 100 miles in like 20 minutes, what the??? right i know sounds bizzare. it ended up taking us 4 1/2 hours to get to las vegas, and it should had taken at least 14 maybe 15....there is my oddly weird experiences

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

Thanks mate, i hadnt actually thought of it exactly like this, but your right the two times ive had something like this happen, and you comment make me think of the fact our souls moves from one to another dimension in a way it can deal with, so when we die we move to another dimensional space and continue like it didnt happen.
the second time i went to sleep, and woke up almost out of mind (read, stark raving mad) i was fine when i went to sleep, and just totally freaked when i woke up, and to this day i still dont think this world is the same one i was in...
it explains why people i once knew seem distant, and why people who i dont know, seem to already know me.. ive moved to a higher level of awareness in my rebirth, i just managed to be in a place that nearly matches the one i left..
am i crazy, well the doctors dont seem to think i am, they just think im willing to approach the world in a way many of us are scared to do..
peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have had a number of incidents like this - but in reverse. I have been very late for something, and heavy traffic made me sure I would be horrifically late - so I "pushed" (mentally) and arrive 5 minutes early. Many times I have had this happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Glad you mentioned this! One of the other time slips I referred to in the OP was while driving through a desert!

I was driving from Tucson, AZ to Laughlin, NV and got there several hours before I should have. I couldn't shake the fact something was weird about it, but on the other hand wrote it off as just my own mistake in the time I left (even though I KNEW what time I left
)

One other weird aspect of all this is that I'm an abductee... first abduction at age 10, latest one about 15 years ago, and an abduction I avoided last November (each of these events have been described in ATS threads if you feel like checking 'em out - just check my username). I am also a channeler and astral traveler with years of experience in various Tibetan Buddhist dream and meditation practices. To simply LOSE some time without being in the astral or having other feelings or memories is an odd idea to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Interesting story OP, I have a different theory on what happened to You. I would say that instead of a time slip you have a dimension slip , meaning that for a brief time You either looked or were transported into another dimension , hence the subtle differences in both worlds. I would account the time difference to the fact that both dimensions or alternate realities if you prefer to call it that way are slightly out of sync when it comes to the passage of time , that is why, even thou you traveled the same distance the time seemed different.

Sorry if this is a bit jumbled up , I have a terrible headache and its kind of hard to formulate proper words

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Interesting story as it fits in with my contention that as we draw nearer to Dec 21 2012 we are going to begin witnessing reality totally unravel before our eyes. It will start off slow and isolated but soon we will all experience what you have described and more. I would advise everyone to pay very close attention to your reality and take note of things that don't add up rather than just writing it off as "coincidence" or "dream" or "Hallucination"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I cannot self confirm I have been abducted, although sometimes I do wonder. recently I actually saw a object that was either opening or closing, it was in the night sky, it flashed like it was maybe closing I could see that the flash was comming from the middle of something,it was something I never saw before or should i say remember seeing. I think beiong born and rasied in religion I have had to break through a great barrier trying to understand what happens in real life and what I was taught in the religion. SO maybe i have missed out on some things because of, I called it, blinded by manipulation to human minds for control...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I greatly enjoy reading experiences and theories related to events of this sort, whether they be called 'Time Slips,' 'Dimensional Slips,' 'Alternate Universe Phenomenon,' etc.

I did apparently miss the 'confirmed' part of this story as mentioned in the title. I rather expect 'confirmed' to mean validated in some way from an outside source, something having to do - if not with proof - with strong evidence and not merely a personal decision of truth. I would have enjoyed reading it without the declaration of confirmation in the title. Its usage, in my opinion, seeks to improperly legitimize the experience; however, it only serves to detract from this particular story.

Originally posted by coquine
When the plane came to a stop, he said, "Mom, I think we died." And we began to explore the possibility that perhaps, we don't ever experience dying! Perhaps our consciousness just steps out before a trauma and moves to an alternate universe or reality, so similar to the one we were in, we don't know what happened.

This is a notion I have, for some time now, found intriguing. The biggest problems I have with the general, overall concept is that it doesn't easily allow for either extreme aging or long-term illness. Your plane experience is one thing, but it becomes a bit more difficult to explain when one has to rationalize being 173 or so years old. Still, I'm sure there are explanations which could rationally explain such things - I just haven't quite figured them out yet.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
This is a totally wierd idea, but I thought about it when I read your account, as well as the other poster, who talked of a similar event, in which they were heading for a potential accident when the "slip" happened?

Me and my family have had such events happen twice, one in which we lost two hours, one which was approx. 10 minutes. In the second one, we were on a plane, that started to have trouble coming onto landing. Everyone was panicking. Then "bloop" it was quiet and we were landing normally. My son and I (he was 17 at the time) looked at each other and asked each other if we dreamed what just happened? What DID just happen? When did the problems smooth out and everyone calm down? We didn't see the transition, either of us.

When the plane came to a stop, he said, "Mom, I think we died." And we began to explore the possibility that perhaps, we don't ever experience dying! Perhaps our consciousness just steps out before a trauma and moves to an alternate universe or reality, so similar to the one we were in, we don't know what happened. Even in an alternate reality, everyone we know could have "dopplegangers" that we continue our relations with - even if one version of them is crying for our loss in another!

The other time it happened, we drove into a sudden wall of fog, so it could have been possible we hit another car or something.

I'm not saying I believe this to be true, I don't have any beliefs, but the hypothesis has always intrigued me since then! How many times could I have died and not know it??

I have always thought the same thing. And we go to another alternate reality that is literally mili seconds after. But I think it's a flawed "theory" because if we don't ever experience dying, then how is it we still get constantly older? It would mean eventually I will be 2578390 years old some where

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Something similar happened to me and my husband close to twenty years ago.We were driving to my parents house from Virginia to Tennessee and remember closing my eyes for maybe two minutes and upon opening them we were in a place we had passed an hour previously.I don't have a clue to what happened that day,at the time(1991) I wasn't into conspiracies or anything along those line and what is even stranger is my husband is a straight arrow,I mean if he can't see it touch it or kick it,it doesn't exist,and he asked me what happened why are we back here?we should be farther ahead?we just looked at each other wondering what the heck just happened??We both kind of blew it off,but I'm telling you something strange happened that day.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

What a fascinating idea,ive never heard of that before!

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Dude...don't time slip and drive

-A message from MATSD

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i'll throw this in the air lol. what if your concious flings you to another reality but say 20yrs before and wipes your memory after that point but not p[erfect (deja vus). so when you die from illness you rewind before that point, (i made this)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

I've thought of that,and the first argument that came to mind is that we might actually experience the act of dying when our soul wants to?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join