It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Sought UFO Files 10 Days Before His Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wasn't sure if this had been posted before. I received it as a story in a bundle of stories via email. It is #3 in the bunch; this was the only way I could figure to reference the source.

Anyway, it's a very interesting article.

news.newsmax.com...

A newly released letter shows that 10 days before his assassination, President John F. Kennedy wrote to the head of the CIA demanding to be shown highly confidential documents about UFOs.

Author William Lester, who is researching a new book about Kennedy, says the CIA released the letter to him under the Freedom of Information Act.

Kennedy’s letter, dated Nov. 12, 1963, has the subject line “Classification review of all UFO intelligence files affecting National Security,” and asks for access to those files.
:
:
The story has already sparked renewed interest in the so-called “burned memo” that a UFO investigator claimed he received from an unidentified CIA leaker in the 1990s.

According to the investigator, the leaker said he worked for the CIA between 1960 and 1974 and pulled the document, marked Top Secret, from a fire when the agency was burning some sensitive files, according to the Daily Mail.

The memo from the CIA director refers to a group of military officials and scientists allegedly appointed by President Harry Truman to investigate the possible presence of aliens on earth. It also refers to “Lancer,” which was Kennedy’s Secret Service code name, and states, “As you must know, Lancer has made some inquiries regarding our activities, which we cannot allow.”

edit on 24-4-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this has definitely been posted already

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

join