It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Nessie videos!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
Also, before Atkins was fired he was working on a "remote-controlled" Nessie...

Where did you see that? I didn�t read that anywhere...

d1k

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

I suggest you go and look it up. You obviously aren't making the connections here. You're only looking at the surface. It does connect to the creature but you just aren't making the connections.

What connections would that be? I've read what you posted and not a sinlge things claims the video is a hoax. If you know something I do not, other links or what have you feel free to post them.

Atkins was working on a documentary on Nessie when he claimed that a boat crashed into Nessie and killed two crew members. One of these crew members apparently has a PhD on cryptozoology. If you actually know of any universities offering a PhD in cryptozoology then please do notify me. Cryptozoology is a pseudo-science and if you've figured out that much then you would realize that they do not offer courses on these (for instance, how many classes are offered on UFO's?).

Next, we have Atkins claiming Nessie supposedly "crashing" into the boat. Atkins also claims that British Waterways is looking into the matter. I just posted that British Waterways doesn't even know of the existance of such an incident.

Also, before Atkins was fired he was working on a "remote-controlled" Nessie that could be controlled from the boat. Further, there's the possibility of it being a whale or whatnot.

None of your links or info say anything about them crashing into Nessie, nor do they say anything about a remote controlled nessie.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

Originally posted by d1k

I suggest you go and look it up. You obviously aren't making the connections here. You're only looking at the surface. It does connect to the creature but you just aren't making the connections.

What connections would that be? I've read what you posted and not a sinlge things claims the video is a hoax. If you know something I do not, other links or what have you feel free to post them.

Atkins was working on a documentary on Nessie when he claimed that a boat crashed into Nessie and killed two crew members. One of these crew members apparently has a PhD on cryptozoology. If you actually know of any universities offering a PhD in cryptozoology then please do notify me. Cryptozoology is a pseudo-science and if you've figured out that much then you would realize that they do not offer courses on these (for instance, how many classes are offered on UFO's?).

Next, we have Atkins claiming Nessie supposedly "crashing" into the boat. Atkins also claims that British Waterways is looking into the matter. I just posted that British Waterways doesn't even know of the existance of such an incident.

Also, before Atkins was fired he was working on a "remote-controlled" Nessie that could be controlled from the boat. Further, there's the possibility of it being a whale or whatnot.

None of your links or info say anything about them crashing into Nessie, nor do they say anything about a remote controlled nessie.

Oh goodness
. You claim to have read the article(s) now you're asking all the questions that these articles answered :\. This is the last mindless question I'm going to answer from you. If you have more questions, go research it and stop being lazy:

Things get interesting on the site when the creator, Greg Atkins, claims that there was an accident on the water shortly after he was fired for asking too many questions. He claims a boat struck something in the water, killing to crew members. While police say it was a second boat, Atkins claims it was Nessie 'attacking' the boat. He offers two apparently unintentional Nessie videos as evidence, as well as still photos. The videos are inconclusive but convincingly real.

[edit on 29-7-2004 by Blackout]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

Also, before Atkins was fired he was working on a "remote-controlled" Nessie...

Where did you see that? I didn�t read that anywhere...

I researched this incident a while back. My apologies that I'm unable to find the source of this information again. However, have I not provided enough proof that this was a hoax altogether?

I have faith in Nessie (as I too believe that Nessie is real) but if you've read carefully, this was really just a Hollywood documentary. With all due respect, I haven't ever trusted Hollywood. Just my opinion, believe it if you want but the sources I was able to provide do state that Herzog was likely duped into hosting such a documentary.

I do maintain a certain amount of respect for you in attempting to counter the information I've provided and not consistently ask questions the articles have already answered. However, I'm just not a huge fan of Nessie films I guess. Usually, they're a lump barely surfacing the water. Easily misleading (for instance, it can be a log for all we know), this can be exploited and simplify the process of creating a hoax on the matter.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As I told the Nessie reaearcher Bob Woodman, "I will go and smother myself with chum and swim the Loch back and fourth. If I don't get eaten (as you say I surely will) you can reimburse me for my travel and hotel, ok?"

So far he has declined my offer.

Basic biology proves that Nessie is an impossability. But people want to believe in something greater than themselves. Why do you think religion is still so popular?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbil
As I told the Nessie reaearcher Bob Woodman, "I will go and smother myself with chum and swim the Loch back and fourth. If I don't get eaten (as you say I surely will) you can reimburse me for my travel and hotel, ok?"

Basic biology proves that Nessie is an impossability. But people want to believe in something greater than themselves. Why do you think religion is still so popular?

Erm...exactly which law or even theory of biology is Nessie violating? Sonar scans have proved that there is in fact a large creature lurking in the Loch.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

But people want to believe in something greater than themselves. Why do you think religion is still so popular?

Why nessie is greater than ourselves? It�s not a god or any paranormal creature. IF (note that I said IF) it exists, it�s just an animal, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If that wasn't enough proof:

www.livejournal.com...

And from the releaser of the film himself (Greg Atkins):

The Whale Footage
I do agree with many of you, in the end, that the footage of the 'creature' surfacing in the water must have been a whale. I know youcan train whales - as I have visited Sea World in the United States - and it is not unreasonable to think that a big Hollywood producer could afford to airlift a whale into the Loch for a few shots. That's my opinion, as reflected by many of your emails too.

If it was a whale, it would have been a dead whale if it was in Loch Ness. Duh.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Erm...exactly which law or even theory of biology is Nessie violating? Sonar scans have proved that there is in fact a large creature lurking in the Loch.

I see your grasp of evolutionary biology is right up to snuff. No wonder these myths gain popularity with the uneducated masses. NO sonar studies have proven anything at all. Paleontologists laugh at these "researchers" for a good reason.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
[edit on 1-9-2004 by parker]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffthefish

If that wasn't enough proof:

www.livejournal.com...

And from the releaser of the film himself (Greg Atkins):

The Whale Footage
I do agree with many of you, in the end, that the footage of the 'creature' surfacing in the water must have been a whale. I know youcan train whales - as I have visited Sea World in the United States - and it is not unreasonable to think that a big Hollywood producer could afford to airlift a whale into the Loch for a few shots. That's my opinion, as reflected by many of your emails too.

If it was a whale, it would have been a dead whale if it was in Loch Ness. Duh.

If you are referring to the salt water, fresh water thing, many whales can survive for long periods of time in fresh water. Belugas and Humpbacks have been found feeding in fresh water rivers many times. Don't forget that whales are air breathers and the salinity (or lack of) will generally only affect their skin.

I really doubt a trained whale was brought in. The number of people and the cost of such an excursion would have made it nearly impossible to pull off without someone seeing or saying something by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join