It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the musicians out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, drummers really.
You know how cymbals are always crazy expensive and you always wish you had the money for a good set of cymbals?
Check out Saluda: saludacymbals.com
Their prices are amazing. You don't see it from their main page but go here www.drumgearonline.com
All of them are handmade =)
I started working on an order deal with them last night. Best thing is you can trade in your old cymbals for new ones.

So, where do you get your gear, and what gear would you like to have?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Sweet!

Not sure how I'd go about getting those in Australia... But price / design looks nice. How do they sound, have you tried them?

I have a full Zildjian set up consisting of A and K customs... With a 7 piece Tama Starclassic 100% Birch kit white sparkle.

I always look out for local classified second hand deals etc, I don't always believe in paying full retail if it's not necessary.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Survivalism

I think this works stores.ebay.com.au...
I think this guy is an authorized dealer too: www.youtube.com.../a

I haven't played any yet but hopefully I'll have some before too long and I'll let you know about them.

I've just been using some crappy Sabian b8pros my whole life lol, figured it was time for an upgrade.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I used Paiste and they were pretty good, but pricey. Drums in general are pricey though. That's just the nature of it.

The only problem is I'd need to hear the cymbal with a kit before buying it... there have been times where the cymbal doesnt sound good or the cymbal just doesn't mesh with the kit
[at which point you either return it or just force it to mesh with]
edit on 4/24/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

Well the good thing about these is that, apparently, if you don't think they're perfect you can return them and he'll make it right. There's always the problem about hearing them on your kit though, but, who knows?

I bought a hagstrom viking (guitar) cheap on ebay and it's the best guitar I've owned. That's including the American made Fender Strat I had.

We'll see how they sound. Hopefully it won't be long and I'll have a cymbal or two.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Mr Headshot because: you

top topics

join