It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less Shootings? o.o

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
NO! That is not true....completely.

It IS legal for a bar owner to have a gun behind the bar.

It is NOT legal for him to simply shoot someone for walking behind the bar. He would face first degree murder charges for doing anything so stupid.

Hope that helps a bit.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
One gun rule I don't like is the one that says I cant shoot someone robbing my house if he turns his back at me
If someone is trying to rob my house im not going to care if his side back or front is facing me he is going to be Swiss cheese this rule should be changed.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The Person In His house has the right to run, therefore to get out of your house. However if he turns to confront you, in otherword try and fight you, you have the right to shoot in the self-defence.

However if you confront sombody with a gun in your house (trying to rob it or whatever) you must give him a warning like - "get out of my house, or ill shoot you!" say that a couple of times and if he doesnt get the message fire a warning shot, if he runs - you cant shoot him, if he goes for somthing that could present a threat (like he looks like he is going to pull out a gun) shoot him til he's down.

The law states you can only use a weapon in SELF-DEFENCE to hurt sombody - therefore if he turns to run away, its not self-defence anymore is it??

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join