It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole shift talk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Asgard

pole shift is real. airports im florida (and i believe a few other states) have had to shut down runways in order to renumber them so that pilots knew which runway to land on because they had their runways labeled by degrees and now they are off and the pilots were getting confused. so yeah...pole shift is occurring. i'm not here to make believer. i'm here to challenge non-believers to do like 5 minutes of googling and you'll see that it has already started to effect things.

so go ahead and deny it. i don't really care. you're just one less person i'll have to worry about defending myself from after the poles shift.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by The Asgard

pole shift is real. airports im florida (and i believe a few other states) have had to shut down runways in order to renumber them so that pilots knew which runway to land on because they had their runways labeled by degrees and now they are off and the pilots were getting confused. so yeah...pole shift is occurring. i'm not here to make believer. i'm here to challenge non-believers to do like 5 minutes of googling and you'll see that it has already started to effect things.

so go ahead and deny it. i don't really care. you're just one less person i'll have to worry about defending myself from after the poles shift.

There is a difference between a pole shift and this.

Unlike you and others I dont rely on YouTube and the likes. I have had a magnetic compass in place for the last 2 years so I know the poles are were they should be.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
to max black:- i totally agree with your coment and i actually thought it was a good read and people should take note of those facts, just one thing i can fault you on there! as a comet comes into close proximity of the sun (aproaching the sun) that is when it exellerates and as it begins to leave the solar system it will not exellerate, the sun has the maximum grav effect that we know of in our solar system so that will kick the comet to its max possible exelleration, currently elenin is recorded to be travelling at 86,000 kph witch is almost twice as fast as anything man made out there! its a massive speed, also there is paper (cant remember who by) stating that comets can have a magnet effect on planets in close proximity, the guys work is based on the electric universe model! its interesting to think everytime this comet has lined up with earth and the sun there has been tremors and slight fractional move in the magnetic north pole, i'll keep your date in mind, also if this electric universe theory is correct and the guy is write with his calculations about comet affects on planets then late july - early september is the next date to watch as the comet lines up again with the earth and sun and we could see another big quake and a sudden jolt in the magnet pole once again....i say this cus 2 years running this so called comet has aligned and 2 years running we had some big ass quakes, this could just be a coinsedance but if its not then this next date will be massive as we have the combined affect of the sun and this so called comet.

to mr asgard:- wake up mate a magnetic compass is a kids toy unless your going to take it to the north pole and find out for yourself! 50 years ago the magetic north pole was just north of canada, for 40 years it gradually moved towards russia, in the past 10 years its travelled twice the distance it had in the past 40...i saw a coment on here about airports having to renumber there run ways due to the pole shift! this my friend is infact the truth weather you like it or not, tampa bay being the most recent that i know of to have to do this! now with all the satelite tecnology and everything else you telling me millions of people are wrong and your poxy little compass is a precision instroment??? dont make me laugh mate! the pole shifting is something that is clearly obvious to everybody it cant be faked and it cant be hidden....face the fact that something is cousing this, of yet unkown to us

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sema sema

it depends on what pole you mean! the spin axis (non magnetic) pole is roughly where it should be, as far as we know. but the magnetic pole is moving steadily southwards,

Weird, it was moving North West last time I checked.

so if it flips that means the magnetosphere will most probably switch off for a while till it re aligns with its new poles, were looing at solar wind hitting earth with nowt to protect us little bods here on the planet!

Not correct actually. The atmosphere is what protects us from most of the sun's radiation.

the hot weather is possibley due to the sun heading for its solar max in 2012, basically were expecting the sun to pump out some serious solar flairs in the next year or so! so power failures, satelite disruption and factor 5 million sun block might be all be due in the years to come

The solar maximum that we are heading towards is going to be the weakest for 200 years!!

Factor 5 million sun block will not be required but thermal underwear might. We are possible headed for what is called a Dalton, or even a Maunder minimum. Basically think of it as an ice age.

This is likely to repeat over 20 years or so before the cycle starts back up to what we now consider as normal levels.

edit on 24/4/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

one less person i'll have to worry about defending myself from after the poles shift.

So what exactly is it that you think will happen when the pole shifts (which of course it is doing continuously - it is called magnetic variation)

Perhaps you should define which pole you are referring to. Magnetic pole or axial pole?

edit on 24/4/2011 by PuterMan because: I had to edit because I have got so used to seeing green at the end of my posts that I missed it!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

pole position- yep if your on the u.s or canadian pacific coast, it is travelling north with a slight degree to the west. but if your at the north axial pole then its heading south isnt it.

with all due respect puter man, please update your knowledge to the correct variables!
veritasshow.blogspot.com...

on the notion that you think the atmosphere is what protects us on earth, where the hell did you come up with that idea? without the magnetosphere there will be no atmosphere, lmao! come on puter man, if your gonna flame me at least give me something worth reading!!! i would love for you to tell me what rays from the sun that our atmophere blocks out please!!!

science.nasa.gov...

gggrrrrr

edit on 24-4-2011 by sema sema because: a link for puter man to learn the truth he he

edit on 24-4-2011 by sema sema because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

pole position- yep if your on the u.s or canadian pacific coast, it is travelling north with a slight degree to the west. but if your at the north axial pole then its heading south isnt it.

Um no. It may be south of you but it is still heading North West. It does not matter where YOU are on the earth, the magnetic pole is moving North West. We are of course talking about in relation to True North. The magnetic pole is always moving magnetic South from it's current position because that is magnetic North so it cannot go North from there.

without the magnetosphere there will be no atmosphere, lmao! come on puter man, if your gonna flame me at least give me something worth reading!!! i would love for you to tell me what rays from the sun that our atmophere blocks out please!!!

Why link to a page about the Solar Max? Of what relevance is that page, especially since it is out of date, very out of date and wrong. Since revised downwards by NASA several times. That page also says nothing about the loss of atmosphere if the magnetosphere failed. At least if you are going to attempt to prove me wrong, give me something to read.

SO, the atmosphere...

On a planetary scale, the magnetic field helps shield the earth from solar winds and storms of deadly particles. Its so-called magnetosphere extends out 37,000 miles from the earth's sunlit side and much farther behind the planet, forming a cometlike tail. Among other things, the field's collapse, scientists say, could let in bursts of radiation, causing a variety of disruptions. . Charles Jackman, an atmospheric scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, has worked with European colleagues on a computer model that mimics the repercussions. A weak field, they reported in December, could let solar storms pummel the atmosphere with enough radiation to destroy significant amounts of the ozone that protects the earth from harmful ultraviolet light.

Ultraviolet radiation, the short, invisible rays from the sun, can harm some life forms, depress crop yields and raise cancer rates, causing skin cancer and cataracts in humans. Jackman said that the ozone damage from any one solar storm could heal naturally in two to three years but that the protective layer would stay vulnerable to new bursts of radiation as long as the earth's magnetic field remained weak.

Source: www.theozonehole.com...

Note that says helps.

Our atmosphere is held close by Earth's gravity. Loss of the magnetic field would not affect gravity and not affect the atmosphere.

While the field weakens and rebuilds in a reversal, Earth's surface is exposed to more cosmic rays and high energy particles from the Sun and space. But to my knowledge, there are no extinctions or other notable events in the fossil record linked to geomagnetic reversals so the lasting effects seem to be minor.

Source: www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

The atmosphere protects and sustains life on Earth in a variety of ways. It provides oxygen for respiration, carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, nitrogen for nitrogen fixation, and water vapor for precipitation that nourishes the land. Carbon dioxide and water vapor reduce temperature extremes between day and night, keeping the planet warm enough for living organisms. The ozone layer absorbs ultraviolet solar radiation that could damage living tissue, and higher layers protect the Earth from bombardment by meteorites and charged particles in the solar wind.

Source: www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

Ozone and oxygen molecules in the stratosphere absorb ultraviolet light from the Sun, providing a shield that prevents this radiation from passing to the Earth's surface. While both oxygen and ozone together absorb 95 to 99.9% of the Sun's ultraviolet radiation, only ozone effectively absorbs the most energetic ultraviolet light, known as UV-C and UV-B. This ultraviolet light can cause biological damage like skin cancer, tissue damage to eyes and plant tissue damage. The protective role of the ozone layer in the upper atmosphere is so vital that scientists believe life on land probably would not have evolved - and could not exist today - without it.

Source: www.windows2universe.org...

As electromagnetic radiation travels through the atmosphere, shorter wavelengths are absorbed by the molecules in the first few miles. This high frequency radiation is capable of stripping the electrons from the molecules and dissociating the O2 and N2 molecules into O and N atoms, and ions or charged units such as O2+, N2+ (O2 and N2 molecules with one electron missing), etc. Thus the upper layers of the atmosphere are also called the ionosphere because they contain ions (or charged atoms and molecules). Only radiation of wavelength 220 nm or longer penetrates deeper into the atmosphere, reaching the stratosphere.

A stream of charged particles from the sun and the galaxy in general also falls on the upper layers of the atmosphere. Because they are charged, they are affected by the Earth's magnetic field--and depending upon their charge (+ or -) spiral toward the North or South pole. These concentrated streams of particles (often referred to as "cosmic rays") falling on the poles are visible as the Northern and Southern Lights (Auroral Lights).

Source: telstar.ote.cmu.edu...

Today, one of the most discussed and serious environmental issues is the ozone layer depletion, the layer of gas that forms a protective covering in the Earth's upper atmosphere. Ozone is formed when oxygen molecules absorb ultraviolet photons and undergo a chemical reaction known as photo dissociation or photolysis, where a single molecule of oxygen breaks down to two oxygen atoms. The free oxygen atom (O), then combines with an oxygen molecule (O2) and forms a molecule of ozone (O3). The ozone molecules, in turn absorb ultraviolet rays between 310 to 200 nm wavelength and thereby prevent these harmful radiations from entering the Earth's atmosphere. In the process, ozone molecules split up into a molecule of oxygen and an oxygen atom. The oxygen atom (O) again combines with the oxygen molecule (O2) to regenerate an ozone (O3) molecule. Thus, the total amount of ozone is maintained by this continuous process of destruction and regeneration.

Source: www.buzzle.com...

That is probably enough about the protective properties of the atmosphere. Note that not one of those articles refers to the magnetosphere holding in the atmosphere, but do refer to gravity retaining the atmosphere.

So your statement:

without the magnetosphere there will be no atmosphere

May we see your references backing up that statement? lmao

edit on 24/4/2011 by PuterMan because: To fix a link

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
during a pole shift, first we get magnetic anomalies, death of animals, then magnetic pole starts to pick up tremendeous speed, north pole is moving towards russia, mass animal deaths, then multiple mini poles start to pop all around the globe, which explains why some ppl's compasses point east, some west, some normal, then the last stage of a pole shift is actual plate shift, which is started off with japan quake, next one will probably cause an extinction level event when the pacific plate slides under north american plate and we r done at that point

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You put far too much trust to people on YouTube. I on the other hand place my trust in observation and scientific measurement. I use a navigational compass for my experiment which I trust far more than your rantings.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I think I love you.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

lol yeah defo,

www.universetoday.com...
science.nasa.gov...

theres a couple of link you can take a look at about atmospheric loss, its comon knowledge amongst educated people in this field that if you lose magnetic polarity then there is nowt stopping the solar wind from stripping away our atmosphere! i agree the atmosphere helps stop us from burning but that energy is not blocked its stored and then released in the form of storms i.e lightning and other natural ways.

and as for the pole shift you completly contredicted yourself just! first you say its not moving south then you say it is! the fact is its moving toward russia and theres nowt you can say to change that!

i have to go to work but i will get into this later tonight when i get home!

p.s oh the solar max! you stated we was not heading for a solar max when in fact its due now...the 11 year solar cycle is something you should read up on
edit on 25-4-2011 by sema sema because: missed a bit

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

This solar cycle is out of synch so nobody knows when we will hit solar max. You should have a look at the history of this solar cycle.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Asgard

You put far too much trust to people on YouTube. I on the other hand place my trust in observation and scientific measurement. I use a navigational compass for my experiment which I trust far more than your rantings.

what are you talking about????? who uses utube??? when once have stated any info from utube??? you need to get a grip lol, just cus you blow off about utube and use a (primative) compass doesnt make you anything of a scientist! your funny with all your info based on scientific fact i havent seen you state anything apart from "blah blah my compass" lmao

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.pureenergysystems.com...

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

also check out soho here. sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
weekest solar activity in 200 years you say??? run the vid above till you get too the 23rd and 24th, unless that vid is fake then thats some serious solar activity, the likes that we int seen before!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The statement in the article(s) you linked to is "The solar wind has slowly eroded the Martian atmosphere for billions of years -- transforming the planet into a barren desert."

A pole shift is not billions of years. In addition to that there are other factors at play here. It may have escaped your attention that Mars is a bit smaller than Earth. Read it's stats here

It's radius may be about half that of Earth but it's it's gravity is only 0.376 of that of Earth. That fact alone means that it was not as capable as Earth of hanging on to what atmosphere it had.

and as for the pole shift you completly contredicted yourself just! first you say its not moving south then you say it is! the fact is its moving toward russia and theres nowt you can say to change that!

Oh dear. Perhaps you had better read it again. It is a matter of where you observe the movement. I said that the magnetic pole is moving North West. You said originally that it was moving South in relation to the axial pole or True North. In relation to the axial pole it is moving North West. In relation to the Magnetic pole it is moving South because it IS the magnetic pole and cannot move North magnetically. In other words, if you are standing at the MAGNETIC pole everything is magnetic South from that point. It is a matter of understanding the concepts of Magnetic North and True North. If you are in to map reading you also have to deal with Grid North.

Ok, with regard to it moving towards Russia, yes it is but that is not South yet as far as I am aware. Have a read of 9url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Magnetic_Pole]Wikipedia about the North Magnetic Pole[/url].

Look at the image below. I have marked the Magnetic and True North poles and the direction of travel. These are all approximate. Until the magnetic North crosses the pink line, which is the 0/180 Prime Meridian, it will still be going North West. When it crosses that line it will be travelling South West. Both of these are relative to the True North pole.

p.s oh the solar max! you stated we was not heading for a solar max when in fact its due now...the 11 year solar cycle is something you should read up on

If you read my post I said no such thing. You originally postulated that the Solar Max would be very strong. I pointed out that this has been revised by NASA several time now and it will be the weakest for 200 years. It has also been put back to July 2013. At no time did I state that we were not heading towards a solar maximum. I also directed you to this link which is Solar Watch, and is one of my blogs. That link takes you to the revisions by NASA. I would suggest that because I provide links for solar matters on a blog called Solar Watch it just might be that I know a little about the Sun and it's cycles and may just be familiar with the approximate 11 year cycle of which you speak.

See this fellow David Thackeray? Have a read about him. He was my 'Uncle'. Now admittedly I did not get to see too much of him personally, but his sister (my Aunt - actually they were cousins) was a frequent visitor at our house and gave me early introduction to space and astronomy. Her brother being formerly Assistant Director of the Solar Physics Observatory at Cambridge Observatory needless to say she was well up on solar matters as well.

I shall address your later links in a separate post.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The Examiner. This article is about the movement of the magnetic north pole, and mentions reversals. No problems there then. It does not support your contentions about the atmosphere. It also does not offer any support to your contention on the severity of the coming Solar maximum. The same can be said for Yahoo News. I find the Pure Energy systems article slightly sensationalist. It also fails to support your contentions.

I am not sure why you are posting links about changes to runway markings? The magnetic poles move so therefore the runway markings will need to be changed from time to time. There is nothing significant about that.

The Extinction Protocol is an ill-informed sensationalist blog which has no basis what-so-ever of any scientific facts and is not as far as I am concerned a credible source in any way shape or form. You may choose to believe it's rantings if you wish.

run the vid above till you get too the 23rd and 24th, unless that vid is fake then thats some serious solar activity, the likes that we int seen before!

That is not serious activity. In fact it is quite tame. If you consider that to be serious activity the prepare to be completely gobsmacked by some of these.

I think that rather than exhorting me to read up about the 11 year Solar cycle you should embark on a course of self education about the Sun, our Planet and the interaction between the two. You might then understand, When someone gives you a link to information it also pays to at least have a look at it. The link I gave you, if you click on the home page, has links to Beyond Landscheidt, (What modulates our Sun? Thanks to Carl Smith who has recently left us we have new knowledge that significantly adds to Jose’s and Landscheidt’s work. Much more than just a Solar site.) and to Landscheidt Cycles Research (Relates directly to Solar output.)

I would also suggest that mainstream newspapers are probably not the best source of information.

By the way, your denigration of the other poster's compass is ridiculous. ANY compass, even the cheapest, provided it is properly magnetised, is quite capable of determining the direction of magnetic North.

You stated:

and use a (primative) compass doesnt make you anything of a scientist! your funny with all your info based on scientific fact i havent seen you state anything apart from "blah blah my compass" lmao

A navigational compass is unlikely to be primative(sic) if my experience of them is anything to go by. I have also not seen you back up any of your statements with reasonably credible sources. I would also remind you that Ad Hominem attacks on other users is against the T & C.

edit on 25/4/2011 by PuterMan because: To fix a link

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

The statement in the article(s) you linked to is "The solar wind has slowly eroded the Martian atmosphere for billions of years -- transforming the planet into a barren desert."

A pole shift is not billions of years. In addition to that there are other factors at play here. It may have escaped your attention that Mars is a bit smaller than Earth. Read it's stats here

It's radius may be about half that of Earth but it's it's gravity is only 0.376 of that of Earth. That fact alone means that it was not as capable as Earth of hanging on to what atmosphere it had.

Oh dear. Perhaps you had better read it again. It is a matter of where you observe the movement. I said that the magnetic pole is moving North West. You said originally that it was moving South in relation to the axial pole or True North. In relation to the axial pole it is moving North West. In relation to the Magnetic pole it is moving South because it IS the magnetic pole and cannot move North magnetically. In other words, if you are standing at the MAGNETIC pole everything is magnetic South from that point. It is a matter of understanding the concepts of Magnetic North and True North. If you are in to map reading you also have to deal with Grid North.

Ok, with regard to it moving towards Russia, yes it is but that is not South yet as far as I am aware. Have a read of 9url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Magnetic_Pole]Wikipedia about the North Magnetic Pole[/url].

Look at the image below. I have marked the Magnetic and True North poles and the direction of travel. These are all approximate. Until the magnetic North crosses the pink line, which is the 0/180 Prime Meridian, it will still be going North West. When it crosses that line it will be travelling South West. Both of these are relative to the True North pole.

If you read my post I said no such thing. You originally postulated that the Solar Max would be very strong. I pointed out that this has been revised by NASA several time now and it will be the weakest for 200 years. It has also been put back to July 2013. At no time did I state that we were not heading towards a solar maximum. I also directed you to this link which is Solar Watch, and is one of my blogs. That link takes you to the revisions by NASA. I would suggest that because I provide links for solar matters on a blog called Solar Watch it just might be that I know a little about the Sun and it's cycles and may just be familiar with the approximate 11 year cycle of which you speak.

See this fellow David Thackeray? Have a read about him. He was my 'Uncle'. Now admittedly I did not get to see too much of him personally, but his sister (my Aunt - actually they were cousins) was a frequent visitor at our house and gave me early introduction to space and astronomy. Her brother being formerly Assistant Director of the Solar Physics Observatory at Cambridge Observatory needless to say she was well up on solar matters as well.

I shall address your later links in a separate post.

cool quite a little debate! but come on now stating this is my uncle is a little childish isnt it, in no way does one persons knowledge reflect on your own! i admit i thought the magnetic pole had passed that point now but clearly i didnt look and i admit that! but my original statement was that the magnetic pole is heading towards russia!

the situation about the atmophere is very debateable once the magnetosphere has shut down if infact it will totally shut down, there are a few ideas on what might happen, i tend to favour faster erosion and extreme tempriture variation.....

also dont by any means take these conversations personal, there a discusion and a bit of fun if you ask me, so flame me some more big boy aha

just read your second post! and if im not mistaken its you who picked this debate with me, although being selective in your coments as in your reading of articles i posted too...
also read back a bit and you'll find mr asgard has jumped on more than one person on this topic so direct your warning towards him please if you dont mind!

and a question if i may...what would you class as primative? a old hand held cmpass or a bushnell gps digital compass?
edit on 25-4-2011 by sema sema because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

cool quite a little debate! but come on now stating this is my uncle is a little childish isnt it, in no way does one persons knowledge reflect on your own!

Well I would not have said childish. I merely offered it as an indication of the education I received from my relatives at an early age and thus my interest in the subject. There is no way I would presume to be on a par with David Thackeray.

i admit i thought the magnetic pole had passed that point now but clearly i didnt look and i admit that! but my original statement was that the magnetic pole is heading towards russia!

Which it is so you are correct, however your original post said "but the magnetic pole is moving steadily southwards" which was the point on which I picked up. At this time this is not the case as you now accept.

the situation about the atmophere is very debateable once the magnetosphere has shut down if infact it will totally shut down, there are a few ideas on what might happen, i tend to favour faster erosion and extreme tempriture variation.....

Perhaps you would care to let us be party to your determination of this scenario?

also dont by any means take these conversations personal, there a discusion and a bit of fun if you ask me, so flame me some more big boy aha

I was not aware that I was taking them personal(sic). Perhaps you could describe how I might 'flame' you in this matter? I am of the impression that I am imparting information, which you may choose to accept or not as you will.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Perhaps you would care to let us be party to your determination of this scenario?

will do tomorrow or something!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
I too live in the UK, and I have never known April to be like this, what ever happend to the April showers ?

I did actually try to start a thread the other day about the weather (climate) and solar variation, but I don't think anyone saw it, or it was that bad lol.

Cheeky, but here is a link to it, if anyone wishes to read, and share their views

Solar Variation, and Barmy Weather any correlation ?

And for what its worth, pole shift will occurr, when is another question

yeah, guys in the UK, what happened to spring? This isnt normal april weather, lol. Wheres the rain?, it was a bank holiday today, rain's compulsory isnt it? Nice change though i had a barbecue on the beach, sans laptop, sans ATS. Gave the grey matter a holiday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join