It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Save Humanity?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Q: What does an earthling female say after engaging in a procreational joining with the male of her species? A: I hope I don't get pregnant. We must be the dumbest race in the Cosmos!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
If humans don't deserve saving, then no animals on the planet do.

Did you know that Wolfs will MURDER Coyotes? Not eat them, just kill them, and leave. They don't want Coyotes hunting in their territory.

Did you know Leopard Seals will murder penguins? Again, not eat them, just kill them for fun.

Did you know that different colonies of ants will GO TO WAR with each other?

Did you know that male Dolphins will kill baby dolphins so that the mother will be more willing to mate with them?

Did you know that Dolphins torture and murder baby sharks?

I'm guessing you are one of those self-loathing humans that are so narrow minded and ignorant of the way things really work in nature that you idolize nature and demonize humans? That much if fairly obvious.

Animals destroy things, murder things, rape, etc. Why don't you hate animals? The things you hate humans for are not a human trait, it is a trait of LIFE. We are not better or worse than other animals out there, so stop bashing the species you belong to for doing things that aren't unique to us.

You kidding?...and somebody gave this sh!t stars?...So...because a wolf, that acts souly on instinct kills coyotes so it won't hunt in it's region it justifies humans doing the same? That's like saying it's allright for adults to play with their own sh!t, since children do the same...
edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Great, another one of these teenage angst threads. This question has been answered time and time again. What makes you think that just because some of the world's population are terrible people, why should every man, woman and child be tarred with the same brush. I believe that there is a great deal of good out there, problem is that you only hear of the bad stuff on the news.

Nope...we're all part of the symphony. If it's just the banker's and politician's fault for all the wars in this world, then where are all the bright, honest people of conscious ready to step in and lead the way towards peace?...

they don't exist.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
when people say stuff about how we are advancing and how we can split atoms it just proves my point about how special we think we are.
Alien beings may very well have gone down a completely different road to us in regards to tech and the splitting of the atom may be wonderous to us but may be as of nothing to them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here is a reason why I think humans deserve to be here, we are a wonderment that is so often taken for granted by individuals who on occasion, by comparison, and in the grand scheme of it all, are but an insignificance, yet are completely significant. It's all in how you choose to perceive it.

This video is 7 mins and 52 secs. of my life that I am personally glad that I devoted to viewing as it gives one perspective into what this is all for.

ETA: For this alone, I think should grant us an annihilation reprieve from any Alien Beings who's intent was malicious, imo of course.
edit on 4/24/2011 by UberL33t because:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mdnw2009

Yea, and then if they did save us the skeptics would just try to debunk them and say that they are a hoax and don't really exist. I guess they would say that it was the new world order that saved us.

Maybe they want to save us because they have the tech to see into the future and we become there ally in a great interstellar or intergalactic war.
edit on 24-4-2011 by JPeveto4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

INSTINCTS.

what is it that politics/religion manipulates through beliefs?

INSTINCTS.

read Frank Herbert's Dune novels, they are required reading IMHO.

as for the post you are replying to: thank you for reminding me to go back and star it.

to the OP and fellow posters, though not a buddhist myself, i am reminded of Siddhartha's alleged last words:

"seek your own salvation with diligence"

edit on 24-4-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

There's a holdup in the Bronx
Brooklyn's broken out in fights
There's a traffic jam in Harlem
That's backed up to Jackson Heights
There's a scout troupe short a child
Kruschev's due at Idlewild............

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mdnw2009

Alert!
Sarcastic, Rhetorical Question:
so, why don't you just kill yourself?

since you haven't yet, I can tell you that you do have a functioning survival instinct.
why do you think that's programmed into you from birth, the need to stay alive? because life is worthless?

I'm a member of the human race, and I think the things i do are pretty neat. I'd like to keep doing them.

my daughter belongs to the human race. every single day, without fail, she does something that makes me laugh or smile or be thankful to be alive. so far, almost two years in, she hasn't caused any long term damage to the environment or anyone around her.

we observe the earth's functions, create things, die and fertilize the soil.
how are we not beneficial? because we hurt each other and wage wars and drive cars?
have you ever heard of "taking the good with the bad?"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston
[mo]
I also enjoy the company love and warmth from a two year old daughter and a four year old son to boot but what I'm saying goes deeper than that.
If we as a species were to be judged would we be judged worthy " Why Save Humanity "

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

The reason he despises humans so much, is because most animals do not possess the capability to self analyze. So they dont, to the best of our knowledge, feel guilt or remorse for doing things are completely natural to them. I actaully think sometimes that having a higher intellect could be a flaw.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by dude69

INSTINCTS.

what is it that politics/religion manipulates through beliefs?

INSTINCTS.

read Frank Herbert's Dune novels, they are required reading IMHO.

as for the post you are replying to: thank you for reminding me to go back and star it.

to the OP and fellow posters, though not a buddhist myself, i am reminded of Siddhartha's alleged last words:

"seek your own salvation with diligence"

edit on 24-4-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

Well...exactly...religion/politics manipulate/use our instincts. But that doesn't mean that that's " life " ...what the hell?...ugh...go back into your trashcan. Not even going to argue on this one...deeerpa derp, killing and suffering is life, because penguins beat their mates too derpa deeeerp. Hear my wisdom derp.
Yeah...sure...that's the way to go...compare yourself to an animal who's brain is 1 third the size of ours and then announce that as acceptable human behaviour. I've never heard anything more retarded in my life. You bathe in your own sh!t too?...cause wild hogs do that, so I'm guessin you don't have any problems with that. Feel sorry for your girlfriend though. If you even have one.

Why hasn't one serial killer have this revelation. All they should've said in court is: " Well...the preying mantis eat their mate too after sex!! " Judgde: " Holy moly. Goddamn it, NOT guilty. *BANG* " ........
edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Welcome to the

S A H A R A S I A
Resource Page

The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse,
Sex-repression, Warfare and Social Violence,
In the Deserts of the Old World

Evidence for a Worldwide,
Climate-Linked Geographical Pattern
in Human Behavior

James DeMeo's

Director, Orgone Biophysical Research Lab.

Human Violence is Unnatural. Perpetual War is Not Inevitable.

The Human Species is By Nature Loving, Cooperative and Peaceful.

There is a Real Early Peaceful Period in the Archaeological Record.

The Concept of a "Naked Violent Ape" or "Violent Genes" is a Modern Fantasy-Falsehood.

Early Climate Change Towards Saharasian Deserts at c.4000 BCE led to the
First Widespread Appearance of Violent Human Societies, who have
Favorably Perpetuated Themselves over the Centuries by Conquest of more Peaceful Societies.

Those are the findings from James DeMeo's Saharasia!

James DeMeo's Saharasia is the largest and most in-depth scholarly study on human behavior and social violence around the world which has ever been undertaken. The findings summarized in Prof. DeMeo's book cover the entire globe, from early prehistory into modern times, integrating on world-maps a full sweep of standard research data from the fields of archaeology and history, plus an in-depth cross-cultural review and mapping of data from over 1000 distinctly different human societies, from standard anthropological data bases. It employed standard cross-cultural correlation tables on over 60 different variables, plus geographical mapping and quadruple blind research procedures to insure objectivity, and all the basic starting assumptions are clearly elucidated in advance. The work also incorporates his own personal field research in the deserts of the Middle East and Southwestern USA. No great knowledge of maths or scientific methods is required to follow the logic and research to their conclusions, though the book is clearly written for scholars. An early period of generally peaceful social conditions is documented in prehistory, but with a major shift towards patriarchal-authoritarian and decidedly violent social conditions across the Saharasian region after a major climate-shift from wet grassland-forest conditions towards harsh desert conditions at c.5000-4000 BC. Major epochs of cultural diffusion are also presented on maps, showing how violent patriarchal authoritarian, sex-repressive and child-abusive behaviors were carried outward from their Saharasian origins to nearly every corner of the globe. It presents previously-unknown geographical patterns in dozens of different human behaviors, beliefs and social institutions representative of human violence and warlike aggression, such as slavery, castes, genital mutilations and a low women's status. The findings have been praised by many, published in scientific journals and magazines, cited repeatedly, but in largest measure have been willfully censored out of the discussion by most within the editorial power-circles of modern academics and mainstream journalism, which continues to embrace the flawed and disproven theories of "violent genes" or other "original sin" concepts. None of those theories, nor anything like them, can stand in the face of the new evidence presented in Prof. DeMeo's Saharasia.

my point is that wars are caused by manipulating peoples instincts so as to act subhumanly.

i'd go into more detail but since you would rather indulge in your apparent obsession with coprophilia, i'll be taking my leave, as the air smells bad here.

for your further education, when you get tired of thoughtlessly flinging crap:

'Drailing' - don't succomb to the temptation!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why save humanity? Because things would get boring without humans changing things. We are good workers and multiply fast so we would be good for transforming the galaxy. God or the alien in charge of this experiment might get ticked off if we tried to kill ourselves off. Maybe we nearly succeeded thousands of times and it's in our nature to destroy our species when our numbers grow high. Mankind could have had several advanced civilizations on this planet and after thousands of years of nearly wiping everyone out, would there be anything left to prove it? Probably not much.

Now if past civilizations established buildings underground on the moon or on other planets, we might find them and be amazed. Then the question would be, who made them? If our ancestors made them and perished, what are our chances of surviving another man made disaster? We might be due for another near total extinction event of our species. Maybe God or an alien in charge of us has to keep intervening to save a few people. If there is a higher power, it would seem logical to save advanced species. However it might make one wonder how many times are humans going to keep trying to kill themselves off. If we are actually an alien experiment, maybe there are human slave colonies on several other planets and we just make good slave labor. They could come back to collect a lot more slaves letting us breed undisturbed for a while.

Maybe we were genetically engineered by aliens and dropped off on this planet thousands of years ago to hopefully become warriors for an alien civilization. If the aliens return and we are not deemed to be sufficient warrior material trying to make peace, etc., then we may all be destroyed on day. I saw one science fiction show where an alien leader returned and he mentioned a few world wars and some potential before the UN. Then when world leaders decided to form a one world peaceful government because they mistakenly thought the aliens wanted us to be peaceful, the aliens said we failed to live up to expectations and annihilated our species. There is no need to wish for annihilation. The universe will do it if you don't fight to survive and grow and expand your civilization. The fact that we are only on one planet in one star system means we could all be easily destroyed with one major catastrophe.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Then you didnt understand my initial post and the one you went back and s&f'ed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join