It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Save Humanity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've been having this thought i'm sure i'm not the only but here it is anyway.

Our planet over the course of its 4 and a half billion years or so existence has been bombarded by countless asteroids, meteorites and comets has survived volcanoes, earthquakes and floods lived through fire, famine pestilence and plague and will surly outlive humanity and by no means needs saving.

So my thought is this if the Planet is safe why would they want to save us i mean history teaches us that by and large we are a greedy narcissistic dangerously aggresive species with delusions of grandeur

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think you answered your own question.

If I were an alien, I'd use earth as somewhere to dump my rubbish en-route to my holiday destination.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdnw2009
I've been having this thought i'm sure i'm not the only but here it is anyway.

Our planet over the course of its 4 and a half billion years or so existence has been bombarded by countless asteroids, meteorites and comets has survived volcanoes, earthquakes and floods lived through fire, famine pestilence and plague and will surly outlive humanity and by no means needs saving.

So my thought is this if the Planet is safe why would they want to save us i mean history teaches us that by and large we are a greedy narcissistic dangerously aggresive species with delusions of grandeur

We are young, give us a break mate!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If humans don't deserve saving, then no animals on the planet do.

Did you know that Wolfs will MURDER Coyotes? Not eat them, just kill them, and leave. They don't want Coyotes hunting in their territory.

Did you know Leopard Seals will murder penguins? Again, not eat them, just kill them for fun.

Did you know that different colonies of ants will GO TO WAR with each other?

Did you know that male Dolphins will kill baby dolphins so that the mother will be more willing to mate with them?

Did you know that Dolphins torture and murder baby sharks?

I'm guessing you are one of those self-loathing humans that are so narrow minded and ignorant of the way things really work in nature that you idolize nature and demonize humans? That much if fairly obvious.

Animals destroy things, murder things, rape, etc. Why don't you hate animals? The things you hate humans for are not a human trait, it is a trait of LIFE. We are not better or worse than other animals out there, so stop bashing the species you belong to for doing things that aren't unique to us.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Great, another one of these teenage angst threads. This question has been answered time and time again. What makes you think that just because some of the world's population are terrible people, why should every man, woman and child be tarred with the same brush. I believe that there is a great deal of good out there, problem is that you only hear of the bad stuff on the news.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Because although there is a HUGE need for the improvement of the Human Species I believe we are worth saving because MOST of us are good people and aren't the ones causing the mayhem in the world. MOST of us want a better life and I believe we can change for the better........I guess I'm just a hopeful optimist at heart but I honestly truely believe in what I just said.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thank you for the short story of your life. If you feel so little of your self I honestly feel nothing for your life either, keep on being a victim while I survive.

edit on 24-4-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
reply to post by nerbot

Thank you for the short story of your life. If you feel so little of your self I honestly feel nothing for your life either, keep on being a victim while I survive.

edit on 24-4-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Beautifully put!
True inspiration to the Human race!
Star for you!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
If humans don't deserve saving, then no animals on the planet do.

Did you know that Wolfs will MURDER Coyotes? Not eat them, just kill them, and leave. They don't want Coyotes hunting in their territory.

Did you know Leopard Seals will murder penguins? Again, not eat them, just kill them for fun.

Did you know that different colonies of ants will GO TO WAR with each other?

Did you know that male Dolphins will kill baby dolphins so that the mother will be more willing to mate with them?

Did you know that Dolphins torture and murder baby sharks?

I'm guessing you are one of those self-loathing humans that are so narrow minded and ignorant of the way things really work in nature that you idolize nature and demonize humans? That much if fairly obvious.

Animals destroy things, murder things, rape, etc. Why don't you hate animals? The things you hate humans for are not a human trait, it is a trait of LIFE. We are not better or worse than other animals out there, so stop bashing the species you belong to for doing things that aren't unique to us.

Can I have your babies? :') Made me smile!

Jamie.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If you regard the planet as a living thing and the diverity of life as an important method of ensuring life upon it then we play a part. Are we a vital, no the planet as you say will go on without us.

If you are asking why would aliens save us you could also ask why dont they wipe us out? I have no idea other than they may regard the universe as a living thing and so life on this planet plays its part in a bigger diversity.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Cant see the point he was trying to make so I'll shoot him down in flames instead

Why would an enlightend race of aliens save a warmongering species like us and yes I know there is a lot of good in this world but just a quick jaunt to my local shop makes me realise there is a lot more bad.
And yes I do believe animals are worth more than us at least they don't rape and pollute the world we share with them.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mdnw2009

I didn't want to say it but unfortunately it has come to this:

Grow up! Get some real life experience, move to another town, change your group of friends and switch off the tv

Originally posted by mdnw2009
And yes I do believe animals are worth more than us at least they don't rape and pollute the world we share with them.

I certainly don't and I'm sure 99.99% of the people on ATS don't either.
edit on 24-4-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I do regard the planet as a sort of quasi sentient entity and am all for bio diversity but what gives us the right to rape and plunder this beautiful world we live on with no regards to any other living creature

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I'm 34 years old ex military I have traveled all over the world I don't even own a tv so will you kindly get your head out of humanity's arse and realise we are at fault if ET does ever turn up and wants save us we had all better grow up.
You don't know me you don't know anything of me and my life experiences so stop trolling
edit on 24/4/11 by mdnw2009 because: Typo

edit on 24/4/11 by mdnw2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Ok, I was wrong then I'll happily accept it and I apologise.

The military has a way of destroying your hope in humanity, especially these days. I am talking from experience.

Believe me though, staying positive is always a better policy than being negative when it comes to self-preservation and your own sanity.

edit: forgive my "rant"
edit on 24-4-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

Apology accepted unconditionally

Mankind as a whole spends trillions on war and next to nothing on peace and when all the developing nations are developed what then what hope for us when the rescorce wars start in earnest

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Why, you ask? Simple. Because we humanoids are all connected, that's why. Whatever happens to one, affects all. And all will not be "saved." Some will go again through the recycle process, and by those I mean service to self people, and those of a violent nature. No place for them in the new world.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
We can't be saved, we are mortal beings. That means we will die regardless of what we try to do to prevent it. Even if we had a lifespan of a billion years we are still going to die.

A reason why aliens might find this place in time suitable for visiting may be because of our technology and growth. We are spliting atoms, creating synthetic life forms, evolving faster, this is an entirely new age we are living in that the planet and our species has never seen before. We are definitly living in a very unique period of our history. This is the peek of all our history. If we died tomorrow today would mark the most advanced and incredible period in the human race. Far surpassing Egypt or the Mayans. Even if they were up to par with us, it was not a global event that swept across the entire planet. And even if it did they did not prosper enough to have over population or airplanes and computers or spaceships and satalites like we do. We GPS'ed the entire Earth! We mapped the efing known universe for jebus sake! Nano Technology!

We are growing, growing and growing building mountains atop mountains!

And like Isaiah the prophet, Ima prophesie. See we are to rise above the sky!

And the simple biblical reason why humans may need saving versus animals is because we were given a living soul and that's why I love you guys.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Crapsghetti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If humanity was no more, where would Alien comedians get all their material? I mean, there's probably a ton of Eathling jokes?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Q: Why did the earthing cross the galaxy? A: To listen to "Car 54 where are you?" Episodes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join