It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Mary Shows Herself In Center Of Gleaming Sun In Africa!?! (OR PROJECT BLUE BEAM)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree, and think you said it well. I would submit that if the people there truly felt moved, then that is enough. Of course, I have Jesus Christ Superstar playing on the tv in the background, so I might tend toward a more creative point of view at the moment.

I know that sunset formations can move me, and I feel no particular need to affix a diety label to it. Surely -- as you said -- if God wanted to make a point, it would be a pheonomena for which there was no question as to its source.

.........maybe sunsets are just doodles........

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

Uh huh......I am leaning in that direction too. As much as I would like something freaky like this to be real....I don't think so. Also, How do we know what they looked like anyway???? There are no photos of them

We don't .. we have artistic representations.. and the majority of those depictions came from the minds of artists who were born long long after Jesus or Mary would have been around..

One of the mysteries has always been what does Jesus look like? .. nobody knows.. the nearest possible depiction would be the shroud of turin and it's authenticity has been the source of debate for a long long long time..

A bit of research can always save from much embarrassment.

Hellenistic Culture in Palestine
Summary; original © Pauli Huuhtanen and Nils Martola / Kirjapaja 1997.

By Hellenism is meant the interaction between Greek culture and the cultures of the Near East as a result of the conquests of Alexander the Great.

Palestine was one of the areas settled by people of Greek origin. The newcomers settled in the Phoenician cities of the Mediterranean coast and founded new Greek cities inland, whose administration, economy, legal system and official cult were based on the Greek model.

The Hellenization of Palestine was reinforced by the rule of pro-Greek kings from the 3rd century B.C. onwards and later by the Roman administration. The dynasty of Herod, who had ruled as a Roman vassal, admired Greek culture and adopted Greek manners. The ruling Jewish elite was open to Hellenism.

In spite of the influence of Hellenism the Jews never gave up their absolute monotheism. The influence of Hellenism was not equally great in all sections of the population. The rural population hardly spoke Greek at all. By contrast, in the towns even the lower classes knew at least some Greek.

What Languages were Spoken in Palestine?
Summary; original © Pauli Huuhtanen and Nils Martola / Kirjapaja 1997.

The mother tongue of Jesus was Aramaic. This Semitic language spread from the 7th century B.C. onwards as the administrative language of the Persian Empire as far as Egypt and ousted most other languages of the Near East.

In Judaea Hebrew survived alongside its close relative Aramaic as a spoken language up to the first half of the second century A.D.

It is unclear how widespread was a knowledge of Greek in Palestine in the time of Jesus. At least government was impossible without a mastery of Greek. Relations with Jews living outside Palestine also required a command of Greek, for in Egypt, for example, the Jewish population seem to have known only Greek.

The need for a knowledge of Greek in Palestine was also increased by the Greek cities of the country. Among the different social classes the command of Greek was, however, variable. The urban upper class probably had a full command of Greek, but language skills lessened as one moved to the villages.

www.helsinki.fi...

Another criticism of image veneration is found in the non-canonical 2nd-century Acts of John (generally considered a gnostic work), in which the Apostle John discovers that one of his followers has had a portrait made of him, and is venerating it: (27) "...he [John] went into the bedchamber, and saw the portrait of an old man crowned with garlands, and lamps and altars set before it. And he called him and said: Lycomedes, what do you mean by this matter of the portrait? Can it be one of thy gods that is painted here? For I see that you are still living in heathen fashion." Later in the passage John says, "But this that you have now done is childish and imperfect: you have drawn a dead likeness of the dead."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
reply to post by DarthPhobos

This is what everyone is looking at

edit on 24-4-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

Ahh yes I see it, the famous one legged diamond shaped figure of mary, ehh. Looks more like a womans uterus to me, but I guess it's how we as humans like to interpret these things. Aint the mind a wonderful imaginative thing

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How can people not make that out? She doesn't appear until about half way through. It seems as though people watched 2 minutes and gave up. Now is it real or fake? I don't know but there is definitely a picture of a female in the sun, clearly.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Curious as to how you can say for sure its a woman, can you make out her ear rings or is it the lipstick?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Once again, it is VERY difficult to determine what we are seeing based on yet another BLURRY video! And why is it that one ONE video is known to exist for what is supposed to be an "extraordinary" event. The people on earth sure would like to shake hands with these blessed entities. As of yet, "they" are still out of reach.

All I see is an darker outline in the shape of a "diamond" against the sun and dark-colored "cloud" object hovering somewhere near the upper right hand corner of the phenom. Of course, I noticed the vertical-shaped "flare" from the digital recording device, too.
edit on 2011-4-24 by pikypiky because: To add more "food for thoughts".

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wow

Virgin Mary?

Project Blue Beam?

What a sad thread..

You guys are the definition of gullible.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
How can people not make that out? She doesn't appear until about half way through. It seems as though people watched 2 minutes and gave up. Now is it real or fake? I don't know but there is definitely a picture of a female in the sun, clearly.

OK.....so why should we assume it's the "virgin Mary"?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The "Woman Clothed With the Sun" is supposed to be in pain and with child not to mention chased by a dragon. I think this may just be some kind of stunt to prey on the faithful.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-ZarYou guys are the definition of gullible.

Um..tongue in cheek and at risk of sounding cliche' ..."No, you are."

Project Blue Beam is real - worthy of discussion and caution.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Ok, let me get this straight.

An alien, or a god, virgin mary, whatever it is, is infront of the sun and this is the breakthrough discovery that makes religion valid

Or

You're wrong

I would wager the 2nd

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Project Blue Beam is indeed interesting, however, this thread shows zero evidence of anything besides a bright sun and people gasping.

With the picture provided earlier, it is just a darkened diamond, but then again, THE CAMERA IS LOOKING AT THE SUN....

I think that people here like to connect the dots, even when there is no dots...

"I know you are but what am I??"

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UdderlyInsane
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I think this may just be some kind of stunt to prey on the faithful.

And there sure are enough of em to make it worth anybodies time

Even 6 yearolds can preach, and there would be a crowd of people around em and actually listening and agreeing to what they say...

What an interesting world to live in xD

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This reminds me of the miracle of the sun in Fatima. There were also UFO's seen during that event and this may be the same. The UFO would use the sun to hide or camouflage and then project the image. Something big may be happening. The use of religion to control their slaves.

link   
At first i was skeptical, i watched the first 30 seconds and was thinking wtf is this? then i read the comments in the description to skip to 1:30. I don't know much about project blue beam, and what i saw in the video, cant really be made out to be the Virgin Mary, at least i couldn't make the connection, but i have to admit, that was pretty #ed up.

link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
reply to post by DarthPhobos

This is what everyone is looking at

edit on 24-4-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

Wow...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Project Blue Beam is indeed interesting, however, this thread shows zero evidence of anything besides a bright sun and people gasping.

With the picture provided earlier, it is just a darkened diamond, but then again, THE CAMERA IS LOOKING AT THE SUN....

I think that people here like to connect the dots, even when there is no dots...

"I know you are but what am I??"

I think most people here are just asking some decent questions, having a little fun, and I see few who claim to KNOW just what the 'diamond shape' is. (other than the giant 'vagina'
)

Someone brougt up a good point, it says Afrika -United TV in the corner of the video, what is that, I did find an African United TV that looks to be a German related? company for network? T.V. (more research needed)

I think most would just not be surprised to see Bluebeam type psyops put out, not saying this IS in any way, but WHEN and if it happens nice to see so many won't be so easly fooled (read the Bluebeam comments on the original OP linked video)

To when I read the comments there a couple said the person started to film because the sun appeared brighter and too, to me it looks like the sun is pulsing/ changing size? but possibly just an artifact of video, though maybe not, maybe this is what people actually stopped to watch.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

Well it is a conspiracy board.

As truth is sometimes stranger than fiction and, given the 2012 time line coupled with Blue Beam and the D4rk Kn1ght meme, I would just as soon have this community vet something with a healthy dose of vigilance and skepticism than to dismiss something out of hand or with mockery.

Bring it and let us debate it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

To when I read the comments there a couple said the person started to film because the sun appeared brighter and too, to me it looks like the sun is pulsing/ changing size? but possibly just an artifact of video, though maybe not, maybe this is what people actually stopped to watch.

That is what I first noticed, that the sun seemed to be pulsating.
I didn't notice the object until I watched the darkened video, then noticed the object in the first video when I went to watch it the 2nd time. It was much harder to make out, obviously, since the camera was aimed directly at the sun.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join