It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Leader Sathya Sai Baba passes away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Indian spiritual Guru Sathya Sai Baba passed away this morning at 7:40 Indian Time.
He was earlier admitted in the super speciality hospital- Puttaparthi. He passed away due to multiple organ failure.

Source:
www.thehindu.com...
ibnlive.in.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
oops..sorry..please move it to the proper forum

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

Ive read a lot of his teachings provided to me by a lovely old couple who have been following Sai Baba for many years. Iḿ sorry for their loss and iḿ sorry I never heard him speak. He always seemed to make perfect sense.

When i made a joke about hippies sitting around meditating for a better life whilst i was gardening, I found a Sai Baba card quoting "hands that help are holier than hands that pray".

nuff said.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sai Baba was a fraud who fooled people with his conjuring tricks. More seriously, there is considerable evidence that he was a pedophile who caused much suffering to young boys:
www.saibaba-x.org.uk...://www.saibaba-x.org.uk/6/saisex1.htm
www.rickross.com...
saibaba-invigilator.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

I am sorry to say that you have posted an ignorant rant. These are one of the many wild misconceptions raised on him particularly to defame him. Moreover, people throughout the world from different religions have found him to be a spiritual guru. One such example is Dr. Hislop, who initially took a different view on him and later found himself amidst many great experiences.

Hope this will do you some good..straight from the horse's mouth.
www.saibaba-x.org.uk...&I.html

If you have anything better to say, please do so. Else I would assume that you are one of those trollers/arm-chair experts. Your first link didnt work and your reply has nothing to with the thread title.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
ah yes, Sai Baba. I read 2 books about him too when I was in college. Both by some book company with an ankh as their logo if I recall correctly. I wanted to believe back then but I couldn't help but feel it was a total sham.

R.I.P. anyway Sai with your crazy afro

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

Wonder why people have nothing to add to this thread other than just plain bashing. Better do some unbiased research and then spout it out friends.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What do you want us to "discuss"? Do you just want people to say "R.I.P."?

I find it ironic that he passed away on this particular day. Is he trying to bank on the idea of the resurrection or is he really dead? The cynic is me says it's the former.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am from India and apart from ignorant gullible masses that swoon at every fake Godman, not many were his followers. This person took advantage of their sentiments and cheated them enmasse. He was a pedophile, and trickster at the best. Sorry this isn't breaking news...

top topics

join