It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump now trashes Jerry Seinfeld

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In recent weeks, Donald Trump has been unhappy with President Barack Obama (of course), former President George W. Bush, Bill Cosby, others (I'm sure), and now Jerry Seinfeld.

Related news article: www.examiner.com...

The problem Trump has with Seinfeld is that Jerry cancelled a performance for a charity, and the cancellation extremely irritated Trump. It all had to do with differing politics.

So the question is: should political differences matter when something is all for charity - a worthwhile charity at that?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well if he had a commitment to do the event and people were expecting him to show up then yes he should do it. However if he disagrees with Trumps position in politics and is asked to do an event than he has every right to turn it down on that basis alone.

Signing onto do an event with Trump would signify that maybe he agrees with him even though that might be the case some people may see it that way.

If his politics mean that much to him than there is nothing wrong with turning it down. I would never speak at a black panthers meeting even if it was for a good cause because I don't agree with their politics.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Im starting to believe that Jerry Seinfeld is a major a$$ and that this wasn't a joke:

edit on 24-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't think Trump is trashing them one bit. He says it as it is. He is direct, blunt, and straight forward with factual remarks that no other celebrity has the balls to call anyone out.

I'd vote Trump for President

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I think he could of distanced himself from Trumps comments but proceeded to do the event irregardless of his political views. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
edit on 24-4-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
edit on 24-4-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

Is anyone stopping Trump from saying anything he wants to? What about Jerry's free speech? Free speech does not mean you have a right to an audience. Jerry said he felt that Trump was poisoning the atmosphere with his birther crap and did not want to be a part of it. He has more than enough money to give to charity without having to give Trump more publicity to do it. Perhaps if Trump wanted to worry so much about charity, he should not be all over TV just spouting hateful nonsense and old internet rumors. He has the right to say it and Jerry has the right to not join along. Maybe no one comes out of this a winner but at least they all still have that right.

Apparently he gave anyway so all he did was express his right to not speak.

Seinfeld's reps told the Post that he felt "uncomfortable" with The Donald's stance, and that he would still make a contribution both to the Eric Trump Foundation and to St. Jude.
link
edit on 24-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Would someone please tell me
who are all these hacks who
keep putting threads about
Donald Trump on this site

?

Other than all the spam
I see no conspiracy.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

True. It is a bold statement however to cancel a charity event based on the fact that he just doesn't agree with Trumps comments. It's not like Trumps calling on people to do something drastic, he simply is curious about why Obama would not clear the air with a simple document showing his point of origin. A birth certificate or something would suffice, and he could probably smear out any personal information he didn't want known. Heaven forbid people know where he came from.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
True. It is a bold statement however to cancel a charity event based on the fact that he just doesn't agree with Trumps comments. It's not like Trumps calling on people to do something drastic, he simply is curious about why Obama would not clear the air with a simple document showing his point of origin. A birth certificate or something would suffice, and he could probably smear out any personal information he didn't want known. Heaven forbid people know where he came from.

That is kind of the point. Jerry, like most of us have seen the birth certificate and already heard Trump's old lies and seen them well refuted. I am sorry you have not seen it yet but Trump has been on National Television claiming he cannot see it when I can google it anytime I like. I suspect Jerry is as well versed with google as I am. Simply repeating something that has been shown needs to be shown is just inspiring more birther "he is differn than usses" type hate.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Yes and would you like to think a fake birthday certificate shoul do just fine? what is this? zion week? you guyes have to brush up your skills before making comments like a 4 year old

Listnen eather Obama gonna put OR GET OUT! simple facts...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stavis

Yes and would you like to think a fake birthday certificate shoul do just fine? what is this? zion week? you guyes have to brush up your skills before making comments like a 4 year old

Listnen eather Obama gonna put OR GET OUT! simple facts...

Oh, right. You and Trump say its not realy. I forgot. I am not going to have that argument here. The fact is that Jerry gave them the money and simply said that if Trump wants to look like an idiot by saying such ignorant things, as you just posted, then he is not going to stand with him while he does it.

What ever happened to free speech?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Jerry is such a spoiled little brat. I can't stand these Hollywood types that throw around statistics about their show as if it actually means anything. "OH I got so-and-so amount of viewers, blah blah blah" Sit down and shut up you twerp. If I was Larry King I would have kicked his butt off my show and tell him to never come back.

Sad thing is I really do like the show, but can't stand Jerry Seinfeld. He seems like a total elitist jerk off, and this move canceling an event for charity only reinforces that.

He needs a big slice of humble pie, and if that doesn't do the trick a nice tight ball gag to stop him from making such a fool of himself. Not that I like Trump at all, but Seinfeld is just a total d-bag.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

free speach! really? am I not alowed to say whats on my mind? I simply saying that Obama should put up the birtday certificate or leave asap! btw is your thinking of free speach that I could say anything as loong you decides what I can say and not? hm yeah thats freedome...hmm... NOT

[snip]
About Jerry I have to say the same thing it is to his likings to whatever he wanna do. he dont like DT?fine but as soon somebody say ANYTHING that is not suite the zionistic propaganda aparatus he or she is a RACIST!

edit on Sun Apr 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Ad Hominem Attacks And You

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Maybe Jerry Seinfeld should not have used a charity event to play politics of his own?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join