It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial pastor pays $1 Bond,Gets out of Jail after Protest...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Controversial pastor out of jail after paying $1 bond for mosque protest

Terry Jones, associate initially refused to pay after Mich. jury decided they were responsible for demonstration's security and policing costs...

Dearborn police had denied Jones' request and asked him to protest instead in a "free speech zone" in front of one of the city buildings.But Jones, who represented himself in court on Friday, argued that violated his free speech rights.

Excuse my ignorance but What the Hell is a "FREE SPEECH ZONE"? Last time I checked Free Speech can be practiced anywhere in America and not just in special designated zones. One more example showing the Police State of America. Now its not that I believe in his views but I do believe in his Rights,everyones rights...

DEARBORN, Mich. — A controversial Florida pastor was briefly jailed and released on Friday after a Michigan court determined that his planned protest outside a mosque was likely to provoke violence and ordered him to stay away.Terry Jones, 59, was sent to county jail after he declined to pay a $1 bond as ordered by Judge Mark Somers, who also ordered him to stay away from the Islamic Center of America for three years.But about an hour later, police said Jones and a supporter, Wayne Sapp, were released from custody after the token $1 bond was paid.Both Jones and Sapp were had initially refusing to meet the terms of a "peace bond" set by Somers in protest.A six-person jury in the Dearborn court ruled earlier on Friday that their planned protest outside the largest mosque in the United States was "likely to breech the peace" in a suburb of Detroit with a large Muslim American population.
...LINK TO ARTICLE

edit on 24-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Basically, a "free speech zone" is an area designated by the local PTB where you can protest peaceably without the cops breaking your skull.

They can, however, film you so they can hunt you down later and break your skull, as we've seen in a few videos posted here in recent days.

new topics

join