It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Open Source Blueprints for Civilization

page: 1
8

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It occurs to me that maybe I would share what some friends of mine are doing to disengage from dependence upon the Industrial Cabal and maybe in this process be prepared to start in another and better direction for self sufficiency

I am not going to say much here, just introduce "Open Source Blueprints for Civilization", the video and link to the web site:

ieet.org...

Get involved!




posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
here is a link to their Wiki,
This is great, this is an opportunity to actually unleash the full potential of humanity. Not to mention the huge blow the corporations will have once this takes off.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
here is a link to their Wiki,
This is great, this is an opportunity to actually unleash the full potential of humanity. Not to mention the huge blow the corporations will have once this takes off.


You better hope not, this world would crumble to pieces without corporations. Like them or not you need them if you would like to keep your current standard of living.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


If everyone can create most products needed fro day to day living for half or less of the cost of commercial products, I would think the standard of living would improve, not decrease?



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
reply to post by kro32
 


If everyone can create most products needed fro day to day living for half or less of the cost of commercial products, I would think the standard of living would improve, not decrease?


Most people do not have the ability to grow their own food or provide their own water or sew their own clothes or drill for their own oil. Pretty much everything you use everyday is somehow affiliated with a corporation and people don't realize that when they talk about how evil they are.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Have you even read or skimmed through the site?


Say you want to build a village, enterprise, or for that matter - an entire civilization – because civilization is just a compilation of productive enterprises. Say you have only $10k in your pocket. You can begin to build your habitat with a CEB press of 3000 bricks per day production, and a sawmill with 3000 board feet per day of production – easily. You will need a tractor for earth moving and power. These 3 tools total $6500 for materials to build these tools from open source plans. You can then build the entire technological infrastructure with a personal fabrication open source Fab Lab – with metal melting furnace, 3D printer, CNC machines, and circuit fabrication, for another $3500 in materials, for a total of $10k. You’ll have to learn the skill to build and operate the production machinery. We can teach you, and you can even propagate a 5-kingdom gene bank for an entire agricultural infrastructure – it’s on the house. You’ll just have to find yourself some land, sun, water, and scrap steel. What if this package could be self-replicating? Fab Lab and gene bank make it so. Now we’re talking.


Link

So there, $10k can build you an entire civilization. I am still trying to absorb material from there, but that is what they say can be done. Maybe we will see self sufficient cities sprouting up soon? Well at least I can hope.

edit on 4/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand
Have you even read or skimmed through the site?


Say you want to build a village, enterprise, or for that matter - an entire civilization – because civilization is just a compilation of productive enterprises. Say you have only $10k in your pocket. You can begin to build your habitat with a CEB press of 3000 bricks per day production, and a sawmill with 3000 board feet per day of production – easily. You will need a tractor for earth moving and power. These 3 tools total $6500 for materials to build these tools from open source plans. You can then build the entire technological infrastructure with a personal fabrication open source Fab Lab – with metal melting furnace, 3D printer, CNC machines, and circuit fabrication, for another $3500 in materials, for a total of $10k. You’ll have to learn the skill to build and operate the production machinery. We can teach you, and you can even propagate a 5-kingdom gene bank for an entire agricultural infrastructure – it’s on the house. You’ll just have to find yourself some land, sun, water, and scrap steel. What if this package could be self-replicating? Fab Lab and gene bank make it so. Now we’re talking.


Link

So there, $10k can build you an entire civilization. I am still trying to absorb material from there, but that is what they say can be done. Maybe we will see self sufficient cities sprouting up soon? Well at least I can hope.

edit on 4/24/2011 by kaleshchand because: (no reason given)


Well let me point out the obvious just because I can't sleep at the moment.

1. Not everyone has 10k sitting around to purchase all this.

2. Not everyone has land on which to build a habitat.

3. None of these items will be available since they are made by corporations so people will need to learn how to mine for ore, smelt it into metal than how to build the tractors and whatever else they need.

4. I would go on but why? lol



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I always find the comments of people whose lives are completely submerged and dependent on the "Grind" a bit shallow but they have my sympathy since I realize they don't believe they are capable of growing their own food, building their own house or producing their own fuel but, they could. More important, what will they do when this society breaks down? Do you think your lives are going to continue as they have? One reply spoke of not having $10K to do this or that; is that any indication of just how dependent and hand to mouth this person and many are?

Why not either just go back to sleep and be sure you are up in the morning for your job to keep you going week to week and month to month or pull your head out and go get educated?

One thing is for sure, there is a very large percentage of Americans that are really in for a shock when the money they make won't pay their bills and they find themselves trapped.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I love how it always comes back to oil for some people. There is already enough scrap metal and we don't need to drill for oil. The quality of life now is garbage. People are driven by their own selfishness, greed, and desire more than by what they actually need or what's beneficial for the sustainability of their species and environment. The things most people value are worthless and they can't even see it. The only thing we would truly need oil for is lubrication, not fuel, and we could use vegetable oil for that. Overunity has been a reality for a long time and we're still killing ourselves with pollution from internal combustion engines because our collective conscious is insane. I don't know one single human being in America today who can honestly say they're happy. Likewise, if you can say you're happy driving around in your SUV while millions of people starve then you're not a human being.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Well let me point out the obvious just because I can't sleep at the moment.

1. Not everyone has 10k sitting around to purchase all this.


But most have 50k to buy 5 cars one for each of their family members.

also you are building civilization, get 1000 people to put in and cost is at 10/person.


Originally posted by kro32
2. Not everyone has land on which to build a habitat.


Not everyone needs to, habitats are not built for one person, but for a lot of people.


Originally posted by kro32
3. None of these items will be available since they are made by corporations so people will need to learn how to mine for ore, smelt it into metal than how to build the tractors and whatever else they need.


agreed, but while they are making smelting/ and such machines, if you need a tractor, will you build it at a cost of 4 to 5k or buy it at 20k?


Originally posted by kro32
4. I would go on but why? lol

yep you should not go on as you obviously dont understand this.



posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma
 


I dont know what most people would do, but I do know one thing, this is much more likely to take off in the rural areas than in urban areas.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This would be a huge boom for developing nations, the idea is pure genius, if you watched the video (seems like many didn't, its only a 4 minute ted talk, not that long) you know that the comments here about corporations or smelting ore have almost nothing to do with this.

This idea is about putting the resources of a modern society in everyones reach by identifying 50 tools needed for a modern society and giving the blueprints for these tools to the world for free. Im surprised people don't get the viability of this project, imagine in a collapse SHTF scenario anyone with this information stored already has a leg up on rebuilding society from the scrap materials that lay all around us.



posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really like this idea and am definately gonna research it some more.
For a long time the state of the earth and what we're doing to it has concerned me.
The people that are in charge, the pollution, thegrowing difference between classes, money rules all and creates so much hurt, i could go on and on.

Yes there are some great technological breakthroughs, but these only see the light of day once somebody has figured out how to profit off them, and then most likely release the tech incrementally to maximise profit margins.
It just seems like everything we do is done for the wrong reasons and by the same people who stand to profit from the decisions made.

I dunno, i think the way our civilization operates just is wrong and backwards on so many levels.

I have had this in my head for a long long time and been trying to see how it can be done different.
Projects like this give me hope, while i'm sure not everything is figured out, like medical care which I doubt would be much better and sophisticated outside of the village.
Read a bit about the Venus Project but i dunno, it never seemed like it could gather any momentum.

I would assume once the population grows in a project like this then the needs and wants and strain put on the system would grow.
I dunno, but I really dont like the materialistic consumer driven society we are ,with no regard for the planet that hosts us.



posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32
 


We're perfectly capable of producing a better standard of living given more efficient access to resources. The only thing corporations do is usurp the natural cycle of advancement and stagnate it so they can monopolize technology for profit.


Wealth should not equate to money. It should equate to the standard of life available FREELY to all.



new topics

top topics



 
8

log in

join