It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the USA gets nuked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ummm.....over the past few decades, our economic superiority has slowly been floating to the European union, our technology to China...
and, well, our industry seems to be floating overseas.
maybe we should entertain the idea that the world leaders had predestined us to be a third world radioactive wasteland?
The fundalmentalist mentality is a threat to all of the western civillized world and China, it might be that they figure a good nuclear strike in the right place.....like ummm say, Mecca?? might humble them enough?

I don't know, it's just weird that our government has passively allowed us to be degraded so low over the last couple of decades.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dakuma
I cannot say for sure if all i've read about the suitcase nukes is fact or fiction. But let's suppose that Al Qaeda does have such devices in the USA. Now let's say that they nuke ahhh Cleveland (picked by random I promise), what then?

They are already at war with Al Qaeda and are trying desperately to root them out of any country that may be harboring them. But could the USA justify a nuclear strike as retaliation?? How could they? This is somewhat unsettling to say the least.

Hey man! I live in Cleveland
But seriously, I do not believe for a second that the US would respond with a nuclear strike in retaliation. First of all, we as a country would garner the complete support of the world by demostrating restraint. Secondly, every country (With sanity) would see that this terrorist "Problem" is a much greater threat to humanity than the liberal nations of the world (Germany, France) would have ever believed and would likely rally to our aid in the war on terrorism. We would rally a coalition of militaries not seen since WWII and we would systematically dismantle Islamic extremism in EVERY nation where it festers, destroying governments if necessary.

The downside... THOUSANDS of innocent muslims would die and the remaining would suffer. I suspect that in the US we would probably begin cataloguing muslims as we would never inter them like we did the Japanese in WWII. However, the rage felt by Americans would probably have anyone of ME descent murdered in cold blood on the street.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If US is nuked, even with suitcase nukes, it will immediately retaliate with anihillating some poor mid east country.

Then all hell breaks loose: a global thermonuclear war...the so called Armageddon.

Then we go back to stone age...only to come around in 10,000 years and wonder why ancient myths talk about 'cities being destroyed in a big fire'!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, let's see. Right now, the U.S. isn't using its full arsenal of weapons, whether you think so or not. They aren't.

U.S. gets nuked by the terrorists..hmm..well I know that a) Bush will get re-elected and b) The entirety of the United States and her civilians will be PISSED. I mean, PISSED. The U.S. Military will be either forced to retaliate by civilian pushing, or will do it on their own. I'm am saying all of the above!

It would be hell on Earth. And besides, the U.S. doesn't HAVE TO justify anything, anytime. They LIKE TO to keep the Earth relatively peaceful for the most part. Let's get that straight.

:EDIT: Two things - it would definately show the world that the terrorists are the greater evil here, (according to them), and secondly: The idea of nuking Mecca would probably humble those insane radicals. We destroy their "precious holy land" and they step-off. A small Atom Bomb would do the trick, doesn't even have to be a nuke.

-wD

[edit on 6-8-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think if the US was nuked by a suitcase bomb we would do what we have been doing. We wouldn't nuke. For one we have no one to nuke except the ghost terrorists that we can never find.

Second of all the current US government is too p**sy and I don't think they would find it justifiable. Now if China or Russia were to nuke and actually hit than I think we think the red button would be pushed.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If anyone unleashes a nuke period, on us or anyone else, it would seem to me the entire civilized world would worry about it evolving into all the types of things being stated here and no one wants another world war.

Maybe I'm naiive but I just can't imagine that everyone wouldn't immediately rally (around the world) to demand an end to the situation, demanding of every suspect nation that they root out the problems in their countries or face the consequences, which would need to be swift, and unforgiving, but not nuclear on our part. We have plenty of weapons that can do the job without going that far. Besides, other countries have already been attacked, and when the terrorists are ready for something big it will not be isolated. Obviously in the US we are expecting any attempt to be multiple in nature, just as 911 was. But at this point so many other countries are under direct threat/warning I think we should be considering the possiblity that we would not be hit alone. It could be simultaneous in multiple countries.

It would seem to me (as long as the idiots in the UN don't insist on a 6 month time frame for everyone to get their affairs in order and come clean) a simple demand can be made. The parties responsible are rooted out, turned over and stopped by the countries they are hiding in/operating in immediately, or we will come do it do it ourselves.

In the case of a nuclear attack anywhere in the world at this point, no less should be expected by anyone. The choice is simple for the nations involved harboring terrorists. Either you root them out & police them or we will, and you will lose a lot if we have to do it. Quite frankly I don't see why ALL (some are making attempts) of the Arab nations aren't doing everything in their power right now to stop the threats, the kidnappings, the brutal executions, etc. Surely none of them want to see this disintegrate into a nuclear war, knowing full well if the US is threatened to that point we can flatten them even without pulling out the nukes.

As for the total loss of our freedoms here if something happens, call me a sheeple if you want, but I will believe that when I see it. It is the least of our worries right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
we would have been hit the day they had it-they want all christians dead

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree if they had it I am sure it would have been felt already. Besides the news of any cell possessing a physical working nuclear weapon of any magnitude would not stay quiet for long. Muhammed Al-Baha would secretly praise Allah to his spiritual counselour Ahmed Faqir for such a blessing, then Faqir he would brag to his wife the day has finally come for the Christian dogs to bow down to Allah and his Islamic servants, she would accidently slip up and tell her best friend because women dont know how to keep secrets, and so on. With that and the hundreds if not thousands of American, Isreali, German, Russian, Chinese and other intelligence officials with operatives working in every nation, it would quickly be determined back down to the original cell that acquired the weapon and then back to the people who sold it to them.

I seriously doubt they would even have the chance to deliver the weapon to its target before the plot is foiled. My point is I seriously do not believe we will ever suffer a terrorist attack using nuclear weapons. Biological and Chemical quite possibly, but never nuclear.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From what i have heard experts say regarding the alleged missing Russian suitcase nukes is that they are actually the size of an old steamer trunk. They also require meticulous maintenence, and degrade rapidly, rendering them useless within one year. So, they aren't something you can just stick in a storage unit and hang on to for a few years. I think if we would have been hit by now if they did exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, perhaps that scenario (bin Laden et al having nukes) has in fact happened.

Look at all the noise that's been made. And In an interview with al-Zawahiri, a Pakistani journalist (apparently truthful) said that al-Zawahiri claimed that al-Qaeda had them, but would not elaborate on type of device.

They would be in fact qutie difficult to use without specialized knowledge, which is perhaps why we haven't gotten nuked yet.

Tritium decay would be the biggest challenge. However, if they had multiple warheads with partially decayed tritium, they could, with sufficient technical knowledge and money, retrieve the remaining fresh tritium to insert it full strength into a smaller number of warheads.

ANd some warheads do not require tritium, though it is likely that technologically sophisticated small ones made by the US or USSR did.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A touch off topic, but important non the less.

Does anyone find Kozmos avatar offensive? If not, why not?

Would you all agree that if I were to have an avatar of a map with a nuclear cloud over the USA that huge outcry would take place?

I had u2u Kozmo with no response so I have posted here, I would especially like a moderators response on this matter.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Me? Well I would start by throwing a big party, handing out those big fingers (those you see in sports crowds) and have a big finger pointing session shouting HA,HAA! (like the bully in the simpsons)

Summary: point at the US and laugh.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Does anyone find Kozmos avatar offensive? If not, why not?

Would you all agree that if I were to have an avatar of a map with a nuclear cloud over the USA that huge outcry would take place?

It doesn't offend me, but it is very distasteful, IMO.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
well i guess the US couldn't go nuke who they think it might be.

i would say close the borders completely and no more arabs.

if the US decided to destroy iran, iraq or whoever. they could do it without the use of nukes. but if they decide to use nukes i won't protest

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have to agree with Relentless, The world would rally to put a stop to all this terrorism, what Relentless did not mention though is the reason behind this rallying point.
Due to US history, I nthink that the world would rally behind the US not because they want to put an end to the terrorism (look at how long all this has been allowed to continue). The world would rally because of fear.
Yes, 9/11 woke the US wo what is going on in the world and yes the US was /is angered about it, but exploding a nuke or using any WMD against the US in America would cause us to react like a beehive that has been hit by a stick. The US would strike out against everyone that the goverment even remotely thought was is or ever has been supporting terrorism.
That is what would cause the world goverments to rally and put a stop to it. Basically to prevent Armageddon which the use of and WMD would cause.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
For starters we are far more likely to be discussing a "dirty bomb" which would obviously be less destructive if not much less disruptive.

But anyway just to quell the lurid fantasies of some about turning the middle east into glass a reminder that is where your oil comes from and any nuking over there, be it "tactical" or total would result in the oil supply being cut off completely.

The US hasnt got the manpower to take over the oil fields against what would be a massively hostile arab populace (including the oil workers themselves).

Maybe if you (Americans on here), elect Kerry and adopt his energy sufficiency programs you can give it a go?

But agree with someone above that any attack will sadly result in Bush being re-elected.

But maybe the terrorists want that?

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Captain Caveman]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey anyone see Sum of all Fears? Is what they did with tracking the nuke even remotly possible?

[edit on 11-8-2004 by RealisticPatriot]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Why must we worry about what other nations think, etc. I haven't seen Japan retaliate yet
with a nuclear reply. OHMYGOD I FORGOT! They did win! They and the Chinese are putting
all of the American people out of work by shipping us all their products. Of course, all we would
have to do is NOT buy them, right? I can almost bet that in another 40 or 50 years we will be
buying more and more products (besides oil) from them because we in the usa do (will) not
remember history.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If The U.S. was nuked you would see a similar response by the government to the people. That took place during 9/11. Military responses would be far more aggressive full moblizations would occur. World wide U.S. forces would be arming their planes and weapons. The Navy as omnipotent as any naval power in history as ever been will be arming every weapon conventional and Nuclear in their inventory and waiting for a target. Every middle easterner regardless of country of origin would be put into internment camps or if not legal citizens deported instantly. Not a pretty way to operate but effective. A full draft of men and women would be called and the entire U.S. Economy would now be called upon to produce for the war effort. You have to remember this would not be an attack that took out 2000 people but hundreds of thousands. The constitution itself demands that the government protect its citizens at all costs. Such an attack would warrant nothing less then world war 3. As U.S. forces would commit to the task of eliminating the Jihadist threat once and for all. Meaning every state that harbored them would be on the list of places that are due for a visit from the US armed forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join