It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man falls off truck and Dies,Other passengers grab the Booze and go...in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

AUSTRALIAN POLICE SAY "GROUP IGNORED MAN WHO DIED AFTER FALLING OFF UTE TRUCK".

UTE=UTILITY TRUCK

A group in NSW's southwest ignored a man who'd fallen off the back of their ute but they stopped to pick up alcohol that also fell out of the vehicle, police say.The 31-year-old man, from Rochester in Victoria, died after striking his head on the road when he fell from the vehicle as it turned from Maude Road into Nap Nap Road at the town of Maude, in the early hours of this morning.The man was one of several passengers in the rear of the ute at the time.The ute's driver and other passengers did nothing to help him.But they did stop to pick up cartons of alcohol, which had also fallen from the vehicle, before driving off, police told reporters in Sydney.A short time after the ute incident, people in another vehicle tried to help the injured man but emergency services workers could not revive him.
...LINK TO ARTICLE

wow who needs enemies when ya got pals like that?!
this far surpasses the stupid things people do when drinking! This is just sad, to think that poor guy could have lived if the other passengers had half a brain in their head. I understand that yeah they might not have realized the severity of his injuries and what not, but still when some one FALLS OFF A TRUCK generally they are not ok!

Bottom line if they had any common sence and decency they would have at least gotten the poor man some help and then took off with his booze! At least then he may have lived and they would have a somewhat clear conscience. Anyways im sure their lil after-party was short lived when they heard the po po were after them. Dummies.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
wow, just wow, they should all be charged with manslaughter at the least.
being drunk is no reason to be irresponsible.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

One of several passengers "fell" off along with some booze. Their "friends" stop and pick up only the booze? I'm sorry that just isn't 100% believable to me. I think maybe he did not fall off. I think he may have been pushed off.

Also, the driver may have been under the impression that he would be charged with a crime if he stuck around... perhaps drunk driving or otherwise faulty driving. If that is the case then the legal framework is just as much to blame as the driver, since laws should be made that make such a situation beneficial to the driver to stop and help in what way possible.

I don't think this was simply a case of "Oh well he fell off but he'll probably be just fine... lets just keep going."
edit on 24-4-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
One of several passengers "fell" off along with some booze. Their "friends" stop and pick up only the booze? I'm sorry that just isn't 100% believable to me. I think maybe he did not fall off. I think he may have been pushed off.

Would it be more believable with this detail included? (from the bottom of the OP's linked article)

It is not known how well the deceased man knew the other passengers in the vehicle, Mr Cassar said. "He may well have met them at the hotel, just before leaving."

If that is the case then the legal framework is just as much to blame as the driver, since laws should be made that make such a situation beneficial to the driver to stop and help in what way possible.
I would say that the odds are in favor of the driver being intoxicated. What kind of law do you think would be beneficial for an intoxicated driver? That is just a bad idea.

I don't think this was simply a case of "Oh well he fell off but he'll probably be just fine... lets just keep going"
Speculation. Hard to conclude without being there, and knowing the people involved.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is disgraceful. I am sick of the acceptance in Australia of being a 'Larikan'. It is actually smiled upon around here. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I know Australians like to drink and have fun but I bet this guy isnt partying anymore...I guess Cooper's means more than somebodys life..i heard it was good but damn!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

Priorities were done in correct order. Save beer first, second leave others behind because then you get a larger share of the beer when there are less people.
Sound correct to me.

top topics

join