It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD Police Videos/stories

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Those videos were refreshing to see. Ive had my share of witnessing bad cop behavior and im glad to see there are still good guys and gals out there who actualy do what their paid to do.

I remember in 7th and 8th grade i would walk to school and get there an hour early to play basketball with my friends and the school cop, gun and all, would jump in and play with us. He was very good at it too, could knock out 3 pointers all day if he wanted to I bet. Real chill down to Earth guy. I saw him handle some violent school fights very professinaly.

I wonder what happened to him now that I think about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I posted a couple of videos, but thought I would chime in with my own opinion.

I have never personally had that many really bad experiences with police. I have been arrested, cited and warned, but never tazed, drawn down on, or physically injured.

I have a handful of friends that are military police, local PD, county sheriffs and have hung out with federals. They are just people. They just want to get up and go to work, make a paycheck, and live their lives. They have the added pressure of public stigmatisms and opinions as well as threats of violence and mortality in the back of their minds though, which should be understood as a reason for their caution and their standoff demeaner. All too often people will "buddy up" with cops so that they can name drop or worse, implicate them.

I have celebrated birthdays, holidays, and just thrown parties where cops in and out of uniform were present at one point or another. Cop friends of mine have shown up to my house during late night parties to make sure we were ok and just chat and have fun, but they would leave with the same smiles and handshakes they walked in with. I have seen them save people, help people and just do their job.

Here's a story for you.
I went to my high school reunion, which was in another state. We were having a great time at the venue, but the party faded and people started leaving. I hadnt been in that town for 20 years, so it had changed alot. In the late night, I got misplaced and started to take a wrong turn. I put on my flashers, stopped and checked my ever present map app, then pulled back out when I realized I was off by one street. A sheriff pulled in behind me and pulled me over. He asked me for the usual, "license, insurance, do you know why I stopped you" and I complied with 1 and 2 and had no clue about 3. He said something about changing lanes without signaling. I could only imagine it was because my flasher was pointing left and I went right to move on down the road. He was very polite. I was tested for DUI and failed by one mark over legal. I told him one more bottle of water would have cleared me right up. We both sorta laughed at that. The guy was doing his duty, but doing so with a very calm, easy going manner and it was a bit of conversation mixed with the legality of the situation. I had previously been warned that the county sheriffs were extremely thorough in a stop, so I was not the least bit surprised.
Anyway, I went downtown and was booked for DUI. The police there were all very friendly and accomodating. I was not an unrulely drunk, just a guy who should have waited about 30 more minutes before driving. They didnt even book me into a cell. I sat in the booking room with the booking officer and we watched TV between bouts of paperwork and while waiting for a bondsman that specialized in out of state bonds to arrive. A few of us shook hands on the way out and they wish me luck and told me to have a good day.

So, there you have it. I broke the law, paid the price, but never once during the entire scenario was there a bad cop moment. They didnt even write up the illegal lane change.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Yes, we do ban trolls on ATS.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thank you for all the good stuff, I knew my faith hasnt been wasted.
I would have more of a reason for disliking LEOs, having been arrested and spending time in jail, but I dont hold any ill will toward them, theyre just doing their jobs for the most part, and I've never been treated badly.
Like I said, there are good and not so good LEO's, we just hear about the not so good ones because the media thrives on bad news...people like to hear about suffering over hearing about someone rescuing the neighbors cat in the tree.
Keep the good stuff going
edit on 4/26/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I have posted a good story several times. The police here in my town were put in a precarious situation by an unethical DA in another state. They were presented with a warrant for "felony theft of an historical document." They came to serve the warrant, with a full swat team, and helicopter on my home. Luckily, I was out of town, but my parents, wife, and newborn child were there.

Here is how it went down:
My parents were involved in a lawsuit over a savings/bearer bond that a county in Missouri refused to pay. The DA decided the bond must have been paid at some point, so therefore it must have been stolen at some point, even though it was not stamped paid, and even though there was an active court case. She issued the Felony Warrant.

I had a 90 lb pitbull, that had become very protective over my pregnant wife, and subsequently the newborn child. My parents were staying in our home to help with the baby while I was travelling a little.

Just after dusk, my dog's hair stood up, and he began growling at the backdoor. (We had a 6ft wood privacy fence around the backyard, and it is a large yard.) My wife opens the door to let the dog check things out. She hears scuffling, hollering, and mens voices, so she quickly locks the door! My mom goes for her gun, there is a knock at the front door, and Dad cautiously approaches the door. A sheriff identifies himself and asks if he can come in. Dad cracks the door to see a line of swat team personnel backing up a sheriff. Dad doesn't allow them to come in, but he leaves the door cracked enough for the conversation. My wife and the baby were in a back bedroom by that point. Nobody had any idea what was going on, and they could now hear the helicopter overhead!

Long story short, the sheriff calmly explained the warrant, he was eventually allowed entry, and they subsequently took my mom and dad to jail for the night. They posted bond the next morning, and added the whole fiasco to their lawsuit against the other county. The swat team relaxed and joked with my wife about the 90lb charging pitbull that was released out the back door! They thought it was hilarious, and I guess some men had already gotten inside the fence, but they quickly scaled right back over it!

They didn't shoot the dog, they didn't bust down the door, they didn't harm anyone. They were polite to my mother and allowed her to change her clothes to be more appropriate for jail. They apologized to my wife, asked if she needed any help with the baby, and they complimented the dog for his actions!

I tell the story a lot, because we live a little outside town. It is a country setting, my house was defended by my Dad, two armed Mamas and a 90lb pitbull that had become very protective of my newborn son and wife! The police force had a felony interstate warrant, a swat team, and a helicopter. The stage was set for a brutal misunderstanding and a lot of bloodshed, but luckily the police showed a ton of restraint and professionalism and everything turned out fine! Kudos to Leon County Sheriffs Department!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

see, people need to learn they catch more flies with honey then vinegar, a little politeness goes a LONG WAY. I'm sorry your parents had to go to jail, but those LEO's were doing their job, and it sounded like they were VERY professional about it.
Thanks for the good story

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am dying to type this story cause I was there so I'll put it here.Yesterday I was driving through town and a car came flying by and almost hit me.I pulled in the first driveway I could to collect myself and before I could exhale 3 cops flew by after the car.I couldn't help but snoop so I turned around and followed them for about a mile.When I caught up they had the driver in cuffs and in the back of the cruiser.Again I went to turn around and before the cruiser left my sight the rear left door swung open and the perp took off still in cuffs.He threw himself over the side of the road about 20 feet down into the river. Apparently a bad idea to swim in cuffs cause he sank like a stone and with the pounding rain we have had the river was wicked swift.When he came up he screamed for help and the cops jumped in.They drug him out and saved him.There were 5 cops in the three cars and three of those cops agreed to let him float a bit and one even said "I don't care if he drowns"(it was a looong way down to the water and the cop was quite large).The other two did not agree and the rest is history.Here is a news clip to back my claim from a neighboring town that covered it.
www.wdtv.com...
This guy almost killed people driving on the wrong side of the road not to mention the law/s he broke to begin with(I never found out what he did)and they still helped him.Good cops

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This must be prophetic but I actually got a good story to tell today
I live in Albemarle, about 90 mins from Charlotte, on a good day. I had to go to the pull a part for my buddy's van, needed a not so new processor, and since I have my son this weekend, I took him with me, not knowing their insurance regulations state anyone under 16 isnt allowed on the yard. My son is 8, so needless to say, I couldnt go get my part, as I was NOT gonna leave him in the parking lot in my car. Wasnt gonna happen. There was a LEO from Charloytte Mecklingburg PD there on duty, when he saw what happened, HE offered to watch my son while I went and got the part. He didnt have to do that, but when I thanked him, he said simply: "I have 3 kids myself and I understand"
So my hats off and a beer to Officer PJ Wilson of the Char Meck PD!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
OK my story isn't about American police (odd since I was a cop for 12 years) but Iraqi National Police.

The INP are the guys wearing the blue digital camo and manning checkpoints on the various MSRs in Iraq. I was running a convoy of fuel trucks from K Crossing all the way up to Irbil. After about 12 solid hours of driving one of the semi trailers dropped an axle out in the middle of nowhere between Tikrit and Kirkuk. (For those who've been there it's right around that cement plant where you have to leave the hardball for dirt to get through the checkpoint.)

This is middle of the night, middle of nowhere with 16 American and Iraqis stuck just north of Saddam's hometown. After about 10 minutes several of the INP guys walk up and ask our interpreter what was wrong. We told our terp to fill them in which he did. The INP officers got on the radio and in 5 minutes a good part of the garrison was out with tools and heavy lift jacks to help repair the axle as well as lamb kabobs, samoon and a HUGE pot of chai.

We all sat around chowing down, drinking tea and talking while the repair crews fixed up the trailer. Every single time we passed that checkpoint from that time on we'd stop, trade cold sodas for kabob & samoon and spend a few minutes asking if there was anything they needed.

Goes to show you even when you'd expect the worst from a police force you'll more often than not get pleasantly suprised

@OP- Pineland? SF?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
...oh lookee...people still don't get it...

...stick to what the topic is about or take it somewhere else...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join